Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lights healights side upgrade

healights/ side lights upgrade
hi sorry if this has been asked before but i have no expericance with cars, but i have an astra gtc 1.7cdti (13 reg) and i want to upgrade my headlights and side lights ... if its possible, i have the horrible yellow looking lights at the minute which i think make the car simply look out dated, i have seen pictures were people have changed theres to what i think r led's or hid kits (dont really no the difference) and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to get them and how to install them as if there not just a simple swap like any old bulb i will not have a clue how to do it.

also if anyone has any pictures of theres that they have done along with what bulbs they bought that would be great.

thanks in advance

james
There is a how-to in the how-to section for HID upgrade on the GTC
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-GTC-HID-How-to

As for DRL bulbs you would need these.
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/w21-5w-canb...air-white/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
thanks for the reply i could easily do the drl's as i have done them before but just with cheap white looking lights but is there an alternative to the hid kit maybe like led's for the headlights that are a simply swap as i dont think id be confident taking the bumper off and messing around with the all that kit? i just want them to look more white than yellow but i no the bulbs vaxhaull but in the gtc are hard to come by as its not just the bulb its like a full plug ?
could something like this work well with the led drl's save me messing around with the whole taking off the bumper?
and would they be a straight swap ?
http://www.lushlightingcity.co.uk/store/...mond-white
Following. I have just bought led's but look blue

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I would air on the side of caution with LED dipped bulbs.

I'll have a look in the morning and get some links.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Sorry, I should have said they are the Drl's I've changed but look bluey colour.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check brake lights Iaintruten 2 7,095 14:th-Jan-2018, 20:56:10
Last Post: Iaintruten