Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rapid bongs ignition beeps on

Rapid beeps/bongs on ignition
I've just taken ownership of a 2010 2.0 CDTI Astra J Elite.  Coming from and old Type-R, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of electronic assists!  I've ploughed through the manual and done some googling, but I'm struggling to find out if the beeps on ignition are normal.  Basically, when turning the key to the ignition 'on' point, I get a series of bongs in rapid succession, which stop after a few seconds.  After starting the engine, the status lights all disappear (except for the expected ones - handbrake, etc) but the bong sequence repeats again.  There's nothing reported on the screen.  Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.
Is your door open?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(3:rd-Feb-2017, 16:22:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: Is your door open?

No
Probably best demonstrated through a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGfN4-COTKE

Note that, although the seatbelt isn't on in the video, putting it on prior to ignition doesn't change anything.
Wondering if it's just the parking sensors going haywire.  There's nothing close to the rear of the car, though.
It's hard to hear from the video is the red LED lit up on the parking sensor button?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
There is no parking sensor button. The noise also starts again when the vehicle is put in reverse, and will continue until the car moves.
(4:th-Feb-2017, 13:44:58)klargon Wrote: There is no parking sensor button.  The noise also starts again when the vehicle is put in reverse, and will continue until the car moves.

i think it means one of the parking sensor have failed when its just the one continuous beep... 

Hope this helps.

Regards 
Dom.....
Strange one doesn't sound like parking sensors as when mine are constant like against a wall for example totally different tone, does your car have parking sensors? If it does are you getting any notifications saying service park exist? As normally that would come up if there was a fault with it but I saw you replied to Rusty saying there was no button, does it do it every time at the exact same point or is it intermittent.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
(4:th-Feb-2017, 13:44:58)klargon Wrote: There is no parking sensor button.  The noise also starts again when the vehicle is put in reverse, and will continue until the car moves.

if it is parking sensors and there is no button on the dash they could be aftermarket and they are playing up, I would look for a module in the boot especially as it happens when in reverse take some photos in there normally n/s behind trim
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(20:th-Nov-2017, 00:03:06)NEATH-LAD Wrote:

i think it means one of the parking sensor have failed when its just the one continuous beep... 

Hope this helps.

Regards 
Dom.....
Yip sounds like a sensor has gone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ignition problem? gsisr 3 3,631 9:th-Apr-2016, 06:23:57