Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
brakes

Brakes
Hey guys,

My Astra has had a service at Vauxhall today and I they have told me I need new discs on the front and pads all around.

I am not paying the £380 to do that so I am trying to find some front discs and pads on all 4 corners.

Pads are straight forward but when looking for Discs it asks the wheel size.  I have 18" as standard but that's not an option on sites like euro car parts.

Do I just get the 17" variant?

I can change the pads and discs myself. just need to know which ones to buy. Any links would be appreciated.

its a 2011, 2.0 cdti SRI.

thanks in advanced.
I have bought my discs and pads, Now another question with fitting them, Is it a case of move the calliper housing out the way then the calliper bracket. Remove the hex screw and give the disc some gentle persuasion to come off?
Yes mate there is a how-to for pads which will get you halfway through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
yeah I have seen the pads one, they straight forward, it was how to remove the disc but I think it the same as the Astra H so will be fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brakes bhalay207 4 3,793 21:st-Jul-2016, 17:22:41
Last Post: bhalay207