Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
clutch

Clutch
There was a recall on the clutch with engine code A20 DTH found in the 2.0cdti Astra and other models.if your car is less than 8 years old from the time the buttlin was issued I believe your car is untitled to it for free,if you have the following issues, load reversals knocking. When u accelerate in any gear at any speed then lift off there is a slight knock? On and off accelerate and listen for knocking.best to get the dual mass flywheel done aswel but you must pay for the dmf.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for that, I don't have any issues with my clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Mine does actually knock but just put it down to it's an Astra thing. I get like a sort of click when I lift off too, I'll give Vx a ring!

I just want to rectify what I said.. it wasn't actually a recall. It was a buttlin. If the customer complains about the issue then it is to be upgraded.if you show Vauxhall the pictures I posted, you shouldn't have any problems.
Does that apply to 1.4 t I got a knock when pulling away it's so frustrating
Don't suppose it applies to the 1.7 too does it?

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(23:rd-Feb-2017, 18:58:04)sheppy1 Wrote: Don't suppose it applies to the 1.7 too does it?

No just to the 2.0cdti with the F40 gearbox and A20 Dth engine.
Hi, are you aware of any other issues with the clutch?
my 2.0 cdti has developed a fault. when I accelerate in 5th and 6th , it gets to around 60-70 then sometimes its as if ive pressed the clutch in. the engine loses power and over revs like its not in gear??
If I let off for a few seconds then its normally ok. other times I have no problems?
(3:rd-Oct-2017, 19:27:43)r6sporty Wrote: Hi, are you aware of any other issues with the clutch?
my 2.0 cdti has developed a fault. when I accelerate in 5th and 6th , it gets to around 60-70 then sometimes its as if ive pressed the clutch in. the engine loses power and over revs like its not in gear??
If I let off for a few seconds then its normally ok. other times I have no problems?

Had this in my old car. Was the start of my clutch going
Your clutch is slipping

My car is doing this when drove for about 20 mins... probably once warmed up.

Got car in for service on Wednesday and mentioned this bulletin... they going to look into it.
Cheers op ??
My local dealer said this is only covered under warranty!!
Hello guys I have recently got a 61 plate astra and my 2.0cdti is doing exactly this in 2nd and 3rd so how do I go about getting vauxhall to fix it ? Do I need warranty and do I have to pay ?
Hello everyone can anyone help me I’ve got a Astra 1.6 gtc and this morning when I pulled up to a junction. I when put my car into first gear and it wouldn’t go into it first so I turned it off turned it back on and now it won’t go into any gear not had any Warnings that the clutch or anything was going
Mine knocks in second and third gear, not so much in other gears. Also, if I was to accelerate and let off and put the clutch in, the whole car would shake. 
I've had the car for two years now, clutch hasn't gave me any bother other than the knocking sounds in second and third. I clearly don't have warranty anymore, but how would I go about bringing the bulletin to the attention of Vauxhall? 
Would they still fix it, the car is only 6 years old.
(8:th-Jan-2021, 23:25:40)14PGTC Wrote: Mine knocks in second and third gear, not so much in other gears. Also, if I was to accelerate and let off and put the clutch in, the whole car would shake. 
I've had the car for two years now, clutch hasn't gave me any bother other than the knocking sounds in second and third. I clearly don't have warranty anymore, but how would I go about bringing the bulletin to the attention of Vauxhall? 
Would they still fix it, the car is only 6 years old.

When  you speak to them tell them you have a bulletin number.

As to weather it would still be covered is something you would have to argue about with the dealership/ vauxhall.

Be warned they are very good at wriggling out of things.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
shadowfire (27:th-Jun-2023, 22:07:06), iNeoTom (31:st-Dec-2023, 20:50:51)