Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
fit vauxhall mud flaps howto

Howto:- Fit Vauxhall Mud flaps

Howto:- Fit Vauxhall Mud flaps.

I'm starting at the rear.
So start by taking the wheel off the car.

Give the wheel liner and wheel arch a good clean (I then used panel wipe in the outer paint).
Then remove the torx screws outlined

using the new screws for them pack fit the top and bottom screw, then with the 3rd screw use it to mark where you need to drill.

Then remove the mud flap and using a 4mm drill bit drill on your mark (if you have done it right you will go through the centre of the mounting lug)

you should have the lug behind if not put the one from the kit on.

Remove the tape

fit the mud flap with the 3 screws

that’s the rear fitted.

Now for the front.

Again remove wheel clean the arch etc.
You need to remove the lug outlined simply use a screwdriver or nail punch and knock the centre out

pull the lining back a bit tricky take your time.

Put the fixing lug from the kit on

put the lining back again take your time is a bit tricky.
Now put the screw from the kit in the centre hole (where you just put the lug) and fix it in place

then using a 8mm drill bit drill though the lining where outlined in above picture ^^^^^^

then remove the mud flap and remove the tape

refit the mud flap and then put the two black lugs into the top and bottom hole

that's it mud flap fitted

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
they look good rusty
shame they don't do them for the cars with body kits.
Bought mudflaps. Make diffrence, car does not become as dirty as pre-mudflapping. Thanks to this guide I mounted front mud flaps during the so called storm, only problem was the dark but I have a flashlight. Thanks again.

Rear will be mounted soon. =)
Am I right in thinking they cannot be put onto a Vx-line model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would need to modify them to fit mate

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(9:th-Dec-2015, 19:15:01)hejhopp123 Wrote: Bought mudflaps. Make diffrence, car does not become as dirty as pre-mudflapping. Thanks to this guide I mounted front mud flaps during the so called storm, only problem was the dark but I have a flashlight. Thanks again.

Pre mudflapping.... That made me chuckle

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(1:st-Jan-2016, 21:03:36)bhalay207 Wrote:
(9:th-Dec-2015, 19:15:01)hejhopp123 Wrote: Bought mudflaps. Make diffrence, car does not become as dirty as pre-mudflapping. Thanks to this guide I mounted front mud flaps during the so called storm, only problem was the dark but I have a flashlight. Thanks again.

Pre mudflapping.... That made me chuckle

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Ha, I've only just clicked on

@Rusty2009 cheers for that, by modifying it do you mean cutting it to shape or something else...

Yes you'd have to them to shape.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks for that

they look good Rusty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howto Retrofit TPMS Rusty2009 52 42,310 20:th-Feb-2020, 22:06:39
Last Post: komshija

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Morpheus75 (23:rd-Jan-2024, 12:42:27), M.Duman (27:th-May-2023, 23:55:24), Lito4h (25:th-Nov-2023, 09:38:31)