Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
j gtc reverse factory astra insignia camera

Factory Reverse Camera, Astra j/GTC, insignia

NAVI 600, INSIGNIA / ASTRA GTC, FACTORY REVERSE REAR CAMERA, RETROFIT.

FOR THE INSIGNIA WITH NAVI 600 ONLY, from 2010 TO 2013.
FOR THE ASTRA GTC NAVI 600 ONLY, from 2012 TO 2014.

Today i have activated the rear factory reverse camera for the pre facelifted insignia pre 2013
i have activated the factory camera on the navi 600 unit that i have in my 2013 insignia
as you may or may not know the insignia from 2008 to 2013 never had the factory reverse rear camera as an option on the navi 600 or 900
and vauxhall will not supply a VCI code to activate it and the same applies to the astra GTC no factory camera option from new factory fit
so no retro fit or VCI code will be given.

But i have found away around it and i can now activate the rear reverse factory camera on the insignia and the astra GTC with navi 600 units
i have no intentions on telling anyone how it is done so please don't ask there is a good reason for this 
but if anyone is wanting it done they can contact myself or Rusty
this is also not just a plug and play option as MDI programming will be needed
plus wiring loom plugs pins and factory camera are also needed  
only myself will pass you on to Adam/Andy or Rusty dependant to where you live as they will now be able to do it
as i have shared this info with them both so others can activate this option also
i can not give you prices until they both have worked out the cost
you will sort that out with them not myself many thanks.

So the Xcarlink multimedia box with the reverse camera i had installed in the car last year 
had to be removed from the car a months back 
as it was interfering with the TPMS sensors and the satnav GPS 
it turned out it was RF interference coming from the interface box that was the issue 
so the only option to have a camera again was to find a way to get the factory camera working on the navi 600
and with a bit of work and looking into the problem i have found the solution.

The rear reverse guidelines and warning symbols were activated first
they are linked to the rear parking sensors so they show the warning symbols for left, right, near, and far
and the guidelines will move with the steering wheel.

The controls may say it is a navi 900 but the navi is a navi 600 unit haha
i am sure we can do the nav 900 also on the insignia and the astra GTC now
with factory rear camera no problems.

But any Insignia or Astra GTC with a navi 600 or 900 must have rear parking sensors fitted from the factory
for the rear reverse factory rear camera to work correctly.          

The rear reverse camera settings on the navi 600 are all working correctly
as they should do and you can also adjust the contrast and brightness of the picture.

Then I wired the reverse camera in i used a astra k or face-lift insignia interlink rear reverse camera as the picture is just much better
than the older type camera that the astra j uses i did try that one and the picture was pants near black and white picture not the best 
and also on the plus side i can centre mount the astra k / face-lift insignia camera on the insignia rear bumper for the factory look.

The factory rear reverse camera on the Insignia with the navi 600 in day view mode.

The factory rear reverse camera on the Insignia with the navi 600 in night view mode.

So i now have the factory fit rear reversing camera on my insignia
and i am very happy about that it is a nice bit of kit to have.

This can also be added to the astra j 5 door but you can get a VCI code from vauxhall with no problems 
as the astra j 5 door had the factory rear camera from factory fit as an option with the navi 600/900 2010 2014 
but this post is saying now we can activate the astra gtc and the insignia cars also even though they were not a factory option.

AS WITH ALL ELECTRICAL HOW TOO,S. 
you do this at your own risk if you follow the how to correctly 
there should be no problems thank you.
hi how would i find out how much it cost to get this done please. i have a 1.4 turbo gtc 62 reg. i have also done the upgrade from a navi600 to a navi 900 already
Hello
I have Zafira Tourer MY2013, with original Navi900.
No parking sensors, nor reverse camera.
Though to buy some parking sensors, but I like original more.

I was about to buy original replacement handle with camera on EBAY.
But I see, it is not so easy as follow http://ifz-berlin.de/#/instructions for instructions.
There is some VCI code programming, able only at dealer.

Also not sure between too much item numbers messing me, what is right to fit Zafira....

Can I get detailed instructions and correct numbers (1717040, 1717006, 13412487...) to search for...

Thank you
I have no clue on part numbers on a zaffy tourer.

Yes VCI but not dealer only, anyone with MDI and access to GMinfo tech can do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
My factory camera retrofit with NAVI950.

hello! i have an opel insignia from 2013 with nav 900. can you active me the revers camera?
Hi, I would like to have one of these fitted to my Insignia Tourer. Please advise.
Thanks
I would like one on mine as well (CD 500 Navi). Any advise appreciated
(7:th-Jan-2019, 13:39:38)Subhan.ahsan@gmail.com Wrote: I would like one on mine as well (CD 500 Navi). Any advise appreciated

On a 500 unit you have to use an interface unit.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
 hi, is this still avaibke to be done. I have 2011 insgina with navi 600 and factory fitted sensors
Hello! I have a question about 2015 Insignia Hatchback with all factory INTELLILINK RF900 Navi, rear parking sensors and rear view camera but missing rear bumper and harness. I`m trying to wire the following OEM camera:

https://i.postimg.cc/Fzr9qKym/83766011-6...4704-n.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/fWCWdxsb/83802194-8...0096-n.jpg

And there is the body harness:

https://i.postimg.cc/rFzTt3gh/83855005-9...3936-n.jpg

So, i wire it as following:

1. Red from camera to violet-green
2. The two black wires have short connection in the camera and i wire it to the green-white (it shows ground)
3. Yellow from the camera to yellow-gray
4. White from the camera to white-blue
5. Brown from camera is empty on its circuit board so not connected anywhere

On ignition when i put reverse gear it switches to show the rear view but no picture available.
Some opinions if i do something wrong?
Hello! I have a question about 2015 Insignia Hatchback with all factory INTELLILINK RF900 Navi, rear parking sensors and rear view camera but missing rear bumper and harness. I`m trying to wire 22883391 OEM camera. Picture of the body harness attached too.

So, i wire it as following:

1. Red from camera to violet-green
2. The two black wires have short connection in the camera and i wire it to the green-white (it shows ground)
3. Yellow from the camera to yellow-gray
4. White from the camera to white-blue
5. Brown from camera is empty on its circuit board so not connected anywhere

On ignition when i put reverse gear it switches to show the rear view but no picture available.
Some opinions if i do something wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yellow Cam sig 2+
White Cam sig 2
Black heat shrink Cam Drain
Black Ground
Red Run Crank
Brown Rev lights
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hello,

Does anybody know the factory part numbers needed to do this on a 2012 Astra J Elite 5dr Hatch?

Thanks
(3:rd-Aug-2020, 12:15:03)m3nt4l Wrote: Hello,

Does anybody know the factory part numbers needed to do this on a 2012 Astra J Elite 5dr Hatch?

Thanks

I do have rear boot handle & camera here but depending on car it would need painting,  You would be far better getting a bumper one fitted if a hatch.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(3:rd-Aug-2020, 21:12:24)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Thanks

I do have rear boot handle & camera here but depending on car it would need painting,  You would be far better getting a bumper one fitted if a hatch.

Hello Rusty,

The vehicle is black. I sent you a message via your site and a PM on here not sure if you received it. I want to try and keep it as OEM as possible. Is it possible to use the Atra K caera as its supposed to be better quality?

Thanks
(3:rd-Aug-2020, 23:05:52)m3nt4l Wrote:

Thanks

Hello Rusty,

The vehicle is black. I sent you a message via your site and a PM on here not sure if you received it. I want to try and keep it as OEM as possible. Is it possible to use the Atra K caera as its supposed to be better quality?

Thanks

I think it's Dark grey the colour of the handle I have (I'll have to check it).
The Astra-K one would have to be fitted into the rear bumper. I've fitted loads of them into the rear bumper of J's it doesn't look silly (in fact you can hardly see it).

I've got a few emails and PM's to work through (since lock-down has been eased I've been pretty none stop and have a backlog to get through).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(4:th-Aug-2020, 07:37:33)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(3:rd-Aug-2020, 23:05:52)m3nt4l Wrote:

Thanks

Hello Rusty,

Thanks

I think it's Dark grey the colour of the handle I have (I'll have to check it).
The Astra-K one would have to be fitted into the rear bumper. I've fitted loads of them into the rear bumper of J's it doesn't look silly (in fact you can hardly see it).

I've got a few emails and PM's to work through (since lock-down has been eased I've been pretty none stop and have a backlog to get through).

No worries, ill await a reply when you've got through your back log.

Thanks
(14:th-Nov-2016, 18:48:02)tucpal Wrote:

NAVI 600, INSIGNIA / ASTRA GTC, FACTORY REVERSE REAR CAMERA, RETROFIT.

FOR THE INSIGNIA WITH NAVI 600 ONLY, from 2010 TO 2013.
FOR THE ASTRA GTC NAVI 600 ONLY, from 2012 TO 2014.

Today i have activated the rear factory reverse camera for the pre facelifted insignia pre 2013
i have activated the factory camera on the navi 600 unit that i have in my 2013 insignia
as you may or may not know the insignia from 2008 to 2013 never had the factory reverse rear camera as an option on the navi 600 or 900
and vauxhall will not supply a VCI code to activate it and the same applies to the astra GTC no factory camera option from new factory fit
so no retro fit or VCI code will be given.

But i have found away around it and i can now activate the rear reverse factory camera on the insignia and the astra GTC with navi 600 units
i have no intentions on telling anyone how it is done so please don't ask there is a good reason for this 
but if anyone is wanting it done they can contact myself or Rusty
this is also not just a plug and play option as MDI programming will be needed
plus wiring loom plugs pins and factory camera are also needed  
only myself will pass you on to Adam/Andy or Rusty dependant to where you live as they will now be able to do it
as i have shared this info with them both so others can activate this option also
i can not give you prices until they both have worked out the cost
you will sort that out with them not myself many thanks.

So the Xcarlink multimedia box with the reverse camera i had installed in the car last year 
had to be removed from the car a months back 
as it was interfering with the TPMS sensors and the satnav GPS 
it turned out it was RF interference coming from the interface box that was the issue 
so the only option to have a camera again was to find a way to get the factory camera working on the navi 600
and with a bit of work and looking into the problem i have found the solution.

The rear reverse guidelines and warning symbols were activated first
they are linked to the rear parking sensors so they show the warning symbols for left, right, near, and far
and the guidelines will move with the steering wheel.

The controls may say it is a navi 900 but the navi is a navi 600 unit haha
i am sure we can do the nav 900 also on the insignia and the astra GTC now
with factory rear camera no problems.

But any Insignia or Astra GTC with a navi 600 or 900 must have rear parking sensors fitted from the factory
for the rear reverse factory rear camera to work correctly.          

The rear reverse camera settings on the navi 600 are all working correctly
as they should do and you can also adjust the contrast and brightness of the picture.

Then I wired the reverse camera in i used a astra k or face-lift insignia interlink rear reverse camera as the picture is just much better
than the older type camera that the astra j uses i did try that one and the picture was pants near black and white picture not the best 
and also on the plus side i can centre mount the astra k / face-lift insignia camera on the insignia rear bumper for the factory look.

The factory rear reverse camera on the Insignia with the navi 600 in day view mode.

The factory rear reverse camera on the Insignia with the navi 600 in night view mode.

So i now have the factory fit rear reversing camera on my insignia
and i am very happy about that it is a nice bit of kit to have.

This can also be added to the astra j 5 door but you can get a VCI code from vauxhall with no problems 
as the astra j 5 door had the factory rear camera from factory fit as an option with the navi 600/900 2010 2014 
but this post is saying now we can activate the astra gtc and the insignia cars also even though they were not a factory option.

AS WITH ALL ELECTRICAL HOW TOO,S. 
you do this at your own risk if you follow the how to correctly 
there should be no problems thank you.

Hi,

I have an '09 plate Insignia exclusive nav and am interested in having the reversing camera installed. Would you mind contacting me when you have a chance to discuss options and probable costs,

Cheers,
Andy

PS Would also welcome advice on the hands free kit, the buttons exist on the steering wheel but not option to select on the navi system
(5:th-Aug-2020, 11:44:38)andyb45 Wrote: Hi,

I have an '09 plate Insignia exclusive nav and am interested in having the reversing camera installed. Would you mind contacting me when you have a chance to discuss options and probable costs,

Cheers,
Andy

PS Would also welcome advice on the hands free kit, the buttons exist on the steering wheel but not option to select on the navi system

According to his profile, @Tucpal hasn't been on the forum since May 24th, 2019

Someone else might be able to help though.
(5:th-Aug-2020, 13:49:18)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(5:th-Aug-2020, 11:44:38)andyb45 Wrote: Hi,

Cheers,
Andy

According to his profile, @Tucpal hasn't been on the forum since May 24th, 2019

Someone else might be able to help though.
Cheers Big Dave 2, I'll wait and see what happens
Yes Tucpal hasn't been active for quite some time now.

In terms of rear cam on the insignia it's possible but officially supported by Vauxhall or GM there isn't many that know how to do.

Is it a hatch or estate you have?

In terms of Bluetooth easy done.

I'm based in Bournemouth and can provide quotes for the jobs.

You can PM on here with your REG and details & I'll get back to you with a quote.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(3:rd-Feb-2020, 07:40:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yellow Cam sig 2+
White Cam sig 2
Black Ground
Red Run Crank
Brown Rev lights

Rusty, how do you tell the difference between the two black wires or do they both go to earth?  which camera signal goes to pin 5 and  pin 15?
(10:th-Aug-2020, 11:37:04)MarkAP68 Wrote:
White Cam sig 2
Black Ground
Red Run Crank
Brown Rev lights

Rusty, how do you tell the difference between the two black wires or do they both go to earth?  which camera signal goes to pin 5 and  pin 15?

What loom are you using?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(12:th-Aug-2020, 08:09:56)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(10:th-Aug-2020, 11:37:04)MarkAP68 Wrote:
White Cam sig 2
Black Ground
Red Run Crank
Brown Rev lights

What loom are you using?

I am using the insignia camera with a navi600, the navi600 was installed by Andy at vxmods. I am going to make up my own harness from the camera to the radio.
Drain is run with the video signal wires and runs all the way to the radio (it's then bent back over the sheave and heat-shrunk.

Yellow goes 5 white goes 15.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers Rusty,

Does it matter which black is used for earth and the drain as they both look the same coming from the camera?

The camera I have has the grey plug on it if that is any help.
(20:th-Aug-2020, 06:26:51)MarkAP68 Wrote: Cheers Rusty,

Does it matter which black is used for earth and the drain as they both look the same coming from the camera?

The camera I have has the grey plug on it if that is any help.

Yes it does drain goes down cable with the video signal wires.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(19:th-Aug-2020, 07:47:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: Drain is run with the video signal wires and runs all the way to the radio (it's then bent back over the sheave and heat-shrunk.

hi, if we use one of those aftermarkets cameras, with the yellow RCA video connector, can we say that the positive goes to pin 5 and negative goes to pin 15?

thanks
(8:th-Mar-2023, 00:38:56)Arkanggel10 Wrote:
(19:th-Aug-2020, 07:47:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: Drain is run with the video signal wires and runs all the way to the radio (it's then bent back over the sheave and heat-shrunk.

hi, if we use one of those aftermarkets cameras, with the yellow RCA video connector, can we say that the positive goes to pin 5 and negative goes to pin 15?

thanks

I can't remember the which is which when using an aftermarket camera.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Insignia B cluster fitted in Astra J milozic 0 1,546 19:th-Jul-2023, 17:25:46
Last Post: milozic
  Rear view camera MarkAP68 1 2,274 12:th-Sep-2021, 17:51:53
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Insignia fog lights retrofit guide zzattack 16 17,102 7:th-Jun-2021, 13:18:53
Last Post: zzattack
  fit reversing camera on astra j gtc tzr608 23 13,236 14:th-Mar-2021, 20:35:53
Last Post: _Mita
  ASTRA J OEM PARKING SENSORS blacknik 15 12,154 3:rd-Feb-2021, 19:58:42
Last Post: Qaranc
  How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door Rusty2009 11 26,302 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:13:37
  Astra J Sport tourer and OEM rear view camera saarits 47 31,579 26:th-Mar-2019, 23:38:23
Last Post: tzr608
  Retrofit Rear Power point 5 door Astra J Ballinlea 3 11,631 20:th-Mar-2019, 18:13:44
  Astra gtc retrofit foglights Daniel199025 1 4,721 19:th-Jul-2018, 07:32:40
  astra j gtc bluetooth tucpal 19 31,959 18:th-Feb-2018, 12:54:24
Last Post: Dooks

Who read this thread?
19 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (21:st-Jan-2024, 10:22:26), Morpheus75 (29:th-Mar-2024, 07:22:12), marktourino (3:rd-Jun-2023, 07:44:47), leeso (30:th-Oct-2023, 23:46:12), milozic (12:th-Nov-2023, 13:15:36), hippoo (16:th-Jan-2024, 18:26:24), madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:18:20), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 21:56:23), anthill113 (20:th-Apr-2023, 10:46:46), M.Duman (27:th-May-2023, 23:57:27), hursty (23:rd-Jun-2023, 08:49:47), greg848484 (21:st-Mar-2024, 20:27:31), mc92661 (29:th-Sep-2023, 18:17:51), opelmed (28:th-Sep-2023, 15:53:49), bojan.vasilev (26:th-Oct-2023, 13:29:10), Lito4h (3:rd-Nov-2023, 14:23:19), iNeoTom (28:th-Feb-2024, 08:15:51), caneiv (9:th-Apr-2024, 10:54:12), Triggertigger (Today, 13:11:51)