Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dtuk box tuning

DTUK tuning box
Noticed this on ebay for you guys with the cdti gtc. Says parts but for a tenner it's worth a try surely. Read description I would guess it should be fine for a non stop start version.

dtuk red boxes will not work on the 2.0 cdti after a service update vauxhall did they all crashed
there worth 000000.1p

as proved in his own post they don't work.
How can you tell if you have had the service update?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Never been that tempted by tuning boxes, you see so many second hand ones where obviously people have had a change of heart for whatever reason. If I were to do anything performance wise it would have to be either a remap or more probable a peddle box. Never been that bothered about having masses of BHP more than I need, I'm more enthused by bettering 2nd and 3rd gear performance than that of 5th and 6th.
(12:th-Jul-2016, 19:55:59)bhalay207 Wrote: How can you tell if you have had the service update?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

You can't unless you have access to to an MDI and can check the configuration files and the last date the ECU was programmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ah didn't realise that they don't work after the update, I'm guessing most people will have had it in for something at some point so nevermind
I spoke with DTUK a while back and they said there was a 60% chance it might work with an ecoflex (s/s) 2.0
(13:th-Jul-2016, 19:14:30)andy2174 Wrote: I spoke with DTUK a while back and they said there was a 60% chance it might work with an ecoflex (s/s) 2.0

If it had the update it won't work that I can say for sure as mine stopped working after the update and I only had the box a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread

Having not used my Astra for while and jumping back in after using my 265bhp remap Saab Aero, I found the Astra a little lacking..........no shock

Having had two previous tuning boxes on the car I fancied something different this time

Someone was selling a DTUK red tuning box for the 2.0 cdti 165 Astra on ebay, they assured me it worked fine on their 2014 Astra J GTC, I put a cheeky offer in on it and it was accepted

I was sceptical if it would work or not, it arrived today, fitted it in two seconds, switched on the ignition and started the engine, checked the LED on the box and it was solid and illuminated

Went for a drive, car felt a bit more perky, its currently on setting 7, which is the default setting

So, is it really working ? when people said it wouldnt work anymore, in what respect and how do you know its not working ?

My Astra (mine is a June 2013 model) went back to Vauxhall for its 3 year service last June and also had the latest ECU software installed, so, in theory its running the latest software......
just dont let them update the ecu software as it will stop the box from working and the car will sound and run ruff with the dtuk box
your lucky
And go into limp mode DTUK #joke Firm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTUK 1.4T Petrol Tuning Box siwhitfield 0 8,054 26:th-May-2017, 17:50:24
Last Post: siwhitfield
  tuning box tucpal 2 8,631 3:rd-Jun-2016, 13:48:51
Last Post: xtech
  DTUK Pedalbox Jj0063 12 7,833 14:th-Feb-2016, 13:27:47
Last Post: tucpal