Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cdti oil 2 for best

Best oil for 2.0 cdti
Hi everyone, i just wanted to ask for any recomendations on which is the best oil to use for my 2.0 cdti sri. Is any brand better than others?
I always use GM oil (but I have lifetime warranty)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(30:th-Jun-2016, 22:41:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: I always use GM oil (but I have lifetime warranty)

Thanks, theres so many different brands claiming to have better qualities i dont which to buy. Or if theyre all the same
I'm currently using Castrol Magnatec C3.

shell helix ultra 5w-30 just make sure whatever oil you use it is dexos approved as that is the recommended oil
(1:st-Jul-2016, 21:42:20)tucpal Wrote: shell helix ultra 5w-30 just make sure whatever oil you use it is dexos approved as that is the recommended oil

Stupid question but what is dexos approved?
Dexos2 on the the 2.0cdti

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
yes shell helix ultra is dexos2
dexos2 is the type of oil recommended for your engine
so whatever brand you use make sure it say dexos2 approval on it
http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2/
Nice list
Which one to choose...

Shell Helix Ultra AG 5W-30 Dexos2
Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 Dexos2

Both are 5W-30 and Dexos2 but only one (ECT) states it is specifically for DPF, it is quite a bit dearer too lol.
ETC mate thats what i use
(28:th-Dec-2016, 06:09:45)tucpal Wrote: ETC mate thats what i use

Cheers mate, just ordered some from eurocarparts using OIL50 promo code and got 5ltr for £28.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.6 CDTI snapped oil pump chain turbotim27 0 2,567 26:th-May-2020, 23:38:15
Last Post: turbotim27
  2.0 CDTI GTC rear springs connorholmes 4 3,264 18:th-Aug-2018, 10:35:58
Last Post: connorholmes
  Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTi suspension entlio 3 7,265 30:th-May-2018, 08:32:57
Last Post: rlievens
  What gearbox oil ? 1.7 cdti emanuel22 2 5,430 9:th-Jun-2015, 21:46:32
Last Post: emanuel22