Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to a nav900 the upgrade nav600 how

how to upgrade the NAV600 to a NAV900.
Recently got my GTC and was really tempted by this upgrade.

Currently I have the Navi 600 2011/2012 SD card but have ordered the Navi 900 2017/2018 one.

Would it be best to complete the upgrade now with the current SD card and later on insert the new one, or wait until the new one arrives (couple days) then complete the upgrade with this one?

Many thanks.
It's upto you.

But make sure you use the V208 files.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
How do you know what version of files you have used Rusty? I done the update last month from 600 to 900 no problem but thinking of doing the theme one where it is red at night but read you need to know what files you used previously or you could potentially brick it.
The version should be in file name
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No problem cheers,thought that but couldn't remember as I had to buy a new charger for the laptop as the files were on that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
help trying to upgrade to 900 i downloaded the iso which has the icon sd600_900 but when i click on it it opens a box called dnl i burned the entire file to disc it says its an image file but it will not work in the car im totally stuck any help please i dont understand the bit copy the zip dnl to the cdr ive burned the iso file what have i done wrong thanks.
(19:th-Oct-2017, 07:53:53)Iaintruten Wrote: How do you know what version of files you have used Rusty? I done the update last month from 600 to 900 no problem but thinking of doing the theme one where it is red at night but read you need to know what files you used previously or you could potentially brick it.

I'm having a bit of the same issue. I don't know how to pick the files. I really want the blue and red theme...or maybe even to make my own but i don't understand how to pick the version number and from  where.
Hi looking for a bit of advice I done the 600 to 900 update no problem but posted the disc and usb to someone else and the CD will complete it won't crash it and put it into the boot loader any ideas? He says the settings aren't there as my first thought was maybe it was done before.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I recently did the NAVI 600 - 900 upgrade in my 2012MY Insignia (with 2012 map SD card), everything works perfectly but there is no option anywhere for the 3D map view. The other NAVI 900 options are there such as tour mode for multiple destinations and POI alerts.

I followed everything in the instructions to a tee and the only problems I had was with the correct file not being burned on the discs, which the system rejected and after the correct one was put in it accepted it fine. Another thing is that I used a 16GB USB instead of the 8 which the instructions recommended, however it was formatted correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could try to get the 3D map? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 
Hi, I did today the theme update using Red_Theme_DanRZ on my navi 900 it changed the theme but now I lost 3D map option. The navi is in 2D mode. Can I restore the original navi 900 software to my unit?
Have tried enabling the 3D map in the options?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
My bad, I find the option after posting. Thanks
Hi all
im new here and have just got an insignia with the navi 600.

it looks like its already been hacked and the sat nav works in 3d.

Question.....

did these card come with Bluetooth as standard (im thinking they must have as they have a phone button)

when I try and set up the phone it says not available, the Bluetooth in the menus does nothing. but when I turn it off and get the blank screen with the griffin - I can see a Bluetooth logo at the top. 

also the parking sensors down seem to work but im not sure if this is related.

does anyone have the original ISO to roll it back to the factory release.
can anyone please help, 
with the Vauxhall navi systems - are the parking sensors related to its operation ?
my insignia has been flashed from a 600 to a 900 and no park sensors work front or rear..
before I start pulling it to pieces I was wondering the above !!
thanks
(25:th-May-2018, 21:11:44)Phill B Wrote: Hi all
im new here and have just got an insignia with the navi 600.

it looks like its already been hacked and the sat nav works in 3d.

Question.....

did these card come with Bluetooth as standard (im thinking they must have as they have a phone button)

when I try and set up the phone it says not available, the Bluetooth in the menus does nothing. but when I turn it off and get the blank screen with the griffin - I can see a Bluetooth logo at the top. 

also the parking sensors down seem to work but im not sure if this is related.

does anyone have the original ISO to roll it back to the factory release.

Not all cars came with Bluetooth as standard if all that happens when you push the phone button is the audio muted then you don't have BT.

Are the parking sensors factory fitted? all your get from the radio in terms of parking sensors (if factory fitted) is beeping when an object gets in it's path. of course if you rear cam and factory fitted sensors you will get yellow/red ! marks on the screen for each sensor that detects something.

I did post the files somewhere, I also posted a copy of update cd, have a good read through this thread the links maybe in here or the maybe separate.

(28:th-May-2018, 18:56:24)Phill B Wrote: can anyone please help, 
with the Vauxhall navi systems - are the parking sensors related to its operation ?
my insignia has been flashed from a 600 to a 900 and no park sensors work front or rear..
before I start pulling it to pieces I was wondering the above !!
thanks

I've answered that above, do you have a parking sensor button?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi,

Great post.

I have updated the navi 600 to navi 900, also applied blue day + red night theme, all works perfectly and the 3 links were used from the first page.

My issue is I want to update the sd card, can I buy the navi 900 sd card 17/18 from Vauxhall and plug and play?

I've read that using a navi 900 card in a navi 600 will brick it, so i'm a little wary.

Thanks in advance
No it doesn't it's the same card just 900 gets more use from the card.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Jun-2018, 07:00:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: No it doesn't it's the same card just 900 gets more use from the card.

Brilliant, thank you
first of all, thanks for all the work here.

i tried to update navi 600 (Zafira Tourer 2014) with this, but seems the software in the system is much newer than on the CD

system version: M:14.07.18.14 N:13.03.12.13
disc version: M:12.02.24.15 N:11.10.05.15

is this because difference between NAVI 600/900 or is it better to just skip this update?

Hi all.

I'm very tempted to do this upgrade but I want to use the latest maps as well.
I've read previously in this thread that after the upgrade a new SD card won't work. What if I get the new card before doing the upgrade?

Also after speaking to an Opel rep they claimed that the Navi 900 Europe card will work fine in a 600. Would that still be the case after upgrade?

Thanking you.
(25:th-Jul-2018, 15:37:18)stokni Wrote: first of all, thanks for all the work here.

i tried to update navi 600 (Zafira Tourer 2014) with this, but seems the software in the system is much newer than on the CD

system version: M:14.07.18.14 N:13.03.12.13
disc version: M:12.02.24.15 N:11.10.05.15

is this because difference between NAVI 600/900 or is it better to just skip this update?

I can't advise on the zaffy as I've not done one, I would say all steps need to be followed.

(2:nd-Aug-2018, 10:21:22)Marek Wrote: Hi all.

I'm very tempted to do this upgrade but I want to use the latest maps as well.
I've read previously in this thread that after the upgrade a new SD card won't work. What if I get the new card before doing the upgrade?

Also after speaking to an Opel rep they claimed that the Navi 900 Europe card will work fine in a 600. Would that still be the case after upgrade?

Thanking you.

I had no issues using an updated maps card after this, yes of course it's the same card just the Navi900 gets more from it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
my sd card says 600/900 on it
I use it in a 600
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Is there a way of installing all of the up grades without pushing another out , I did the sat nav upgrade on my 600 , installed the POI's , then installed the different red colour / theme and it threw the 3d map and POI's out.
Worked like an absolute charm! Thank you so incredibly much for this!
It can get a bit nervy when the screen just goes black at a couple of points, but with patience it gets there in the end.

Huge, huge thank you! 
Now I'm going to try some of the other bits!
Hi again! I'm not sure if you mention this, but since doing the update to the 900, on three occasions the Navi has decided to just restart by itself. Twice within a minute of turning the engine on, and on another occasion about 15 minutes into a journey. Is this a known issue that can happen after doing this upgrade? Is there a way to fix it or prevent it from happening?
Thanks!
(26:th-Aug-2018, 16:02:33)Marek Wrote: Hi again! I'm not sure if you mention this, but since doing the update to the 900, on three occasions the Navi has decided to just restart by itself. Twice within a minute of turning the engine on, and on another occasion about 15 minutes into a journey. Is this a known issue that can happen after doing this upgrade? Is there a way to fix it or prevent it from happening?
Thanks!

It shouldn't reboot it could be getting too hot or it could be a slight glitch I'd try re-applying the update and see if that solves the issue.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I messed up somehow and now my screen is just completely black and won't do anything. Any suggestions / help?
I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to sort it out? If so how?
Thanks
J
(27:th-Mar-2014, 09:05:37)tucpal Wrote:
....CDR..DISC...FORMAT....

OPEN THE, NAVI 600 900 RUS FIX.RAR., FILES AND BURN THE DNL ISO FILES IMAGE TO A CD-R or CD-RW DISC not a DVD Disc
USE A GOOD QUALITY DISC LIKE VERBATIM CDR 52X 700MB OR WHATEVER YOUR ARE USE TO
AND COPY THE FIRMWARE IMAGE OF THE ZIP FILE DNL TO THE CDR DISC
USING A BURNER SET IT AT AS LOW A SPEED AS POSSIBLE X1 IS GOOD BUT UNDER X4 SEEMS FINE
THIS WILL HELP TO BURN THE DNL FILE Image AS IT WILL NOW COPY BETTER TO THE CDR AND UPLOAD CORRECTLY TO THE NAVI.
ALSO WINDOWS 7 BURNER WORKS WELL ON A LOW SPEED
BUT WITH THIS WINDOWS 10 NOT SO GOOD
OLDER WINDOWS WORKS BETTER FOR THIS OR USE WINZIP AND ANOTHER BURNER PROGRAM FOR WINDOWS 10
BURNER LINKS LOWER DOWN THE THREAD.

...........................................................................................................................................................................
Hi Guys,

Looking into doing this, and getting stuck before I start!
I've downloaded the NAVI 600 900 RUS FIX.RAR but my Win10 machine doesn't allow me to follow the instructions.
It's downloaded as a RAR file, but when I try and open the file, it opens as a Text file.

Any ideas?
(5:th-Feb-2019, 08:07:04)ultimatelightweight Wrote:
(27:th-Mar-2014, 09:05:37)tucpal Wrote:
....CDR..DISC...FORMAT....

OPEN THE, NAVI 600 900 RUS FIX.RAR., FILES AND BURN THE DNL ISO FILES IMAGE TO A CD-R or CD-RW DISC not a DVD Disc
USE A GOOD QUALITY DISC LIKE VERBATIM CDR 52X 700MB OR WHATEVER YOUR ARE USE TO
AND COPY THE FIRMWARE IMAGE OF THE ZIP FILE DNL TO THE CDR DISC
USING A BURNER SET IT AT AS LOW A SPEED AS POSSIBLE X1 IS GOOD BUT UNDER X4 SEEMS FINE
THIS WILL HELP TO BURN THE DNL FILE Image AS IT WILL NOW COPY BETTER TO THE CDR AND UPLOAD CORRECTLY TO THE NAVI.
ALSO WINDOWS 7 BURNER WORKS WELL ON A LOW SPEED
BUT WITH THIS WINDOWS 10 NOT SO GOOD
OLDER WINDOWS WORKS BETTER FOR THIS OR USE WINZIP AND ANOTHER BURNER PROGRAM FOR WINDOWS 10
BURNER LINKS LOWER DOWN THE THREAD.

...........................................................................................................................................................................
Hi Guys,

Looking into doing this, and getting stuck before I start!
I've downloaded the NAVI 600 900 RUS FIX.RAR but my Win10 machine doesn't allow me to follow the instructions.
It's downloaded as a RAR file, but when I try and open the file, it opens as a Text file.

Any ideas?
Hi Read the first post 100% before you try, you will need winzip to unzip the files with windows 10, be careful if you dont follow the instruction 100% you may brick you system
(1:st-Dec-2015, 09:57:38)tucpal Wrote:

..PLEASE READ ON FOR THE HOW TO THEME CHANGE...

I Have Now Done The Hack Update For the Theme Color Change on the NAVI 600/900
That Updates the Nav 600 900 Hack i did the Other Day.

I am Totally over the Moon with this One it is Perfectly Done.  
I now have a Blue Day Theme Mode
And a Red Night Theme Mode
Even the blue theme looks better as it is now not so bright and a different shade of blue
And it also has lots of Revised Icons and symbols
Even the Sat Nav Display now has Stars in the 3d Background in night mode.
This is so much Better than the White and Blue that the Navi 600 Comes with as Standard
I Give all Credit to DanRaz as this is all his Hard Work Thank You.

..........The NEW Blue Theme For Day Mode............... 

.......The NEW Red Theme For Night Mode..................

All Credit Goes to DanRz from France on the Astra GTC Forum as This is all his Hard Work.

So I Now Have 3D Heads Up Maps.
Speed Camera Warnings and POI Alerts.
Color Theme Change Night and Day Modes To Blue and Red.
Can it Get any Better Very Happy and Well Worth the Effort To Do.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

.......HOW TO DO A THEME UPDATE........AFTER NAV 900 UPGRADE ONLY INFO.............

.....WARNING......
THIS IS A SOFTWARE UPGRADE HACK FOR THE NAVI 600
AND I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOU DOING THIS
THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK...FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER..

THIS MUST ONLY BE DONE AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE NAVI 600.900 UPDATE FIRST
THIS WON'T WORK JUST ON A STANDARD NAVI 600 OR 900
THE UPGRADE IS NEEDED TO THE NAVI 600 FOR THE NAVI 900 FUNCTIONALITY
SEE TOP POST FOR UPGRADE INFO.

This How to Has Been Done and is Here on VXOC just for are Translation Issues and to Help us Here in the UK

...REMEMBER THIS IS A HACK SOFTWARE UPDATE...

This will Wipe all POI Setting and Saved Picture Frame Settings and Navi Address Book and Saved Locations
You will be Reflashing the Updated Navi 600/900 Again just like you Did in the last Part of the navi 600 900 Upgrade
With the USB Apart from this Time it will go to 100% no Problems the Disc is Not Needed for This Bit Just the USB
It is Recommended all Imported POI and Imported Picture Frames all Deleted from the Navi Before you Install the New Theme Update

First of all i Recommend joining and Reading the Posts and Threads on the Navi 600 900 Theme Change Upgrade
On These Two forums you will Need Google Translate And Gather as Much Info as Possible as There are Some Bad Links out There as well as good ones.
Here is some of the Options out there in this Thread but this How To will only Cover the Links to the Blue Day and Red Night Themes.

....THEME OPTIONS............

http://www.astra-faq.ru/tuning/tsvet-dis...0-900.html

.....FORUMS THREADS..........

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...Xrjr1tfh_A

http://www.astragtc.org/t614-remplacer-l...vi-900-600

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...8919,d.d24

It is Also Possible for the Techie Minded to Rewrite and Edit your own Theme
This is done by Modifying the Original Navi 600 900 Download DNL Pack You Downloaded to do the Navi 600 900 Upgrade
Press the DNL File Till You get to System\adrit-mpu10 You will Then see a List of .ULI Image Codes
Image 22.ULI is for Day Theme and Image 11.ULI for Night Theme And image 14.ULI is Animations Logos      
Extract them Using a GM UNPacker and then Saving to a Temp file and Editing the .ULI Codes
And then Using a GM Packer to put them Back into the Correct NAV 600 900 DNL File After Editing.

I Would Strongly Advise Anyone Doing this to Ask for Help And Advise with This as if You Get it Wrong you Are in Big Trouble.
But if you Are Keen to do This Then Here is the GM Packer/Unpacker Link and The Original navi 600 900 Upgrade DNL files to Edit  
The Two Above Forums Have A Few Members That May Help with this if you Ask Nicely.

http://www.astra-faq.ru/download/GM_Res.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/djc5ub...0to900.zip

.................................................HOW TO UPGRADE TO THE BLUE DAY AND RED NIGHT THEMES...............................

You Will Need to Find the Original Location of the Navi 600 900 res Vip DNL File You Downloaded For the NAVI 900 Upgrade and Note its Location on Your PC
When You Extract the New DNL Theme File Place it Somewhere Different so they Don't get Mixed up as They both are called the Same DNL.

Next you will need a USB Stick Formated to FAT32 8GB is Fine But make Sure it is off Good Quality.

You will Also Need To Download WINZIP to Unzip the RAR File Link To Get the New DNL Theme File to Open and then Copy and paste to the USB
Basically You Will Be Reflashing A New Navi 600 900 Upgrade Files Like you Did in the Upgrade with the USB Only This Time
It Will go to 100% Flash Without the Disc Being Needed.

......WINZIP LINK.......  

........DOWNLOAD LINK AND HOW TO UPLOAD INFO..........

Click the LINK

http://www.danrazor.net/Opel/NAVI900/Red..._DanRZ.rar

And Download to Your PC
And then Right Click and Extract to Winzip to Open the RAR File
Then Extract to Documents or Wherever You Like
The File will be Called DNL
Then Copy and Paste The DNL File to Your USB Drive.

Turn the Navi on
and Plugin the USB Stick
The Install screen will Then Pop Up
At this point Remove the Navi 600 SD Card Leaving the USB in Place
Then Press Install and it Will Flash to 100% This Takes Time Please Wait Till it Has Completed
Do Not Remove the USB or Turn the Ignition off Till This Has Been Done
The Navi will Now Reboot
When it awakens then you can remove the USB
And Then Reinsert the SD Navi Card
Then Turn the Navi On and Off
And Now You will Have The New Themes Installed.

You Will Need to Reflash Your Speed Camera POI,S Back to the Car After This Install.

To turn themes back to blue and white standard mode
Just Reflash the Original Navi 600 900 Res Vip USB Files.

..............................................................................................................

As Stated these are not my links all the thanks goes to DanRaz
This how to is put here so you can download and use it correctly
And to find the info you need on this change the theme subject much easier and better to understand
but please read the other forum threads i linked and get as much info as possible on this subject.

for more info and a how to on how to use the gm_res_ packer/unpacker.exe
edit theme files, startup animation, and standby logos click the link.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how...-animation

.....Please read this.....

Remove any poi,s before doing an updated or new theme.

If you are doing a theme update and have upgraded the nav SD card to a newer version
than you used for the original nav 600/900 update
then you must remove the newer SD card
and then reinstall the SD card you first used before doing any new theme update etc
after the theme update has been done and the system has rebooted
then you can put your newer SD card back in and it will update the card again
then put any POI,S back on.

Anyone who has a nav 900 SD card will need a theme that runs with v200 or v208
the card will bring up all the files for voice recognition on the nav, usb, etc
and the nav will speak to you but you still can not talk to it.

Pressing the phone button on the nav unit first before pressing the steering wheel button
is a normal function of a nav900 the same would apply if you wanted to talk to the nav usb etc on a nav900.

The original nav600/900 update is a v181 file
most themes are v200 when you update a theme in full it will become a v200 file
you can swap or copy and paste a image file say uli.14. uli.22. and uli.11. from another v200 theme
but do not try and copy and paste any other resbin.file or system file or font.uli etc from a v208 or v181 file into a v200
as mixing system files will brick the nav unit.
best thing to do is just alter the uli.image files only and do not attempt to alter any system files at all
the gm-respacker will not repack any system batch files ,resbin etc it will only pack the image.uli.files.

some v200 theme files have had there poi icons set up with speed icons 30, 40, 50, etc
these have been edited and will show on the nav map and pop up speed camera icon
and the poi list in the nav settings as 40mph symbol etc
this type of theme files are best avoided as they look crap
you can not edit the resbin. to remove these symbols from the nav map so there best avoided.

what you want is the v200 files that have the poi icons for the speedcams image
they look much better and have the starry night sky in the night theme sat nav
to check you have the correct ones before you upload it to the car
look in image.20.uli with the gm-res unpacker and check the images for the speedcam image
if it has the 30, 40, 50, 60, etc look for a different theme.

Do not try and add two night themes or two day themes to a v181 v200 v208 file
same with fonts you need to have night and day or the text color will vanish.

there are v208 files out there there the latest files but they're no different to the v200 files
the problem will come when say if you made a mistake on the update of a theme with v208
and you have already used v208 before and the nav unit goes into bootloader mode
then you need a v208 res disc to recover the nav unit like you did when you first installed the original v181 3d map update
if you were to add the v181 disc if your v208 usb did crash then it could brick the nav
so if you are using v208 then stick with the v208 files and only update the images.uli.1 to 24 and you should have no problems.

if you have v208 and uploaded a v200 or v181 theme in full to the nav unit you risk going into bootloader mode and risk brick without the v208 res disk.

If you are unsure about doing any editing or updating don't be afraid to ask on here
beware also there are bad links out there as well as good ones on the interweb so we only recommend
you use links to themes that have been proven to work again we hold no responsibility
for anything that goes wrong doing this type of update is purely at your own risk.

AS WITH ALL ELECTRICAL HOW TO,S
You do This at Your own Risk if you Follow the How to Correctly
There Should be no Problems Thank You.
Hi,
I have done the 3D maps and the speed cameras update and its great thanks, i know this is an old thread (bet you didn't think it would still be going) anyway, at the moment i have navi 600 map card but have ordered the navi 900 card, will everything still work? should i wait until i've installed the new map card before trying a theme update?

cheers.
G
(20:th-Feb-2019, 11:27:10)fezza37 Wrote:
(1:st-Dec-2015, 09:57:38)tucpal Wrote:

..PLEASE READ ON FOR THE HOW TO THEME CHANGE...

I Have Now Done The Hack Update For the Theme Color Change on the NAVI 600/900
That Updates the Nav 600 900 Hack i did the Other Day.

I am Totally over the Moon with this One it is Perfectly Done.  
I now have a Blue Day Theme Mode
And a Red Night Theme Mode
Even the blue theme looks better as it is now not so bright and a different shade of blue
And it also has lots of Revised Icons and symbols
Even the Sat Nav Display now has Stars in the 3d Background in night mode.
This is so much Better than the White and Blue that the Navi 600 Comes with as Standard
I Give all Credit to DanRaz as this is all his Hard Work Thank You.

..........The NEW Blue Theme For Day Mode............... 

.......The NEW Red Theme For Night Mode..................

All Credit Goes to DanRz from France on the Astra GTC Forum as This is all his Hard Work.

So I Now Have 3D Heads Up Maps.
Speed Camera Warnings and POI Alerts.
Color Theme Change Night and Day Modes To Blue and Red.
Can it Get any Better Very Happy and Well Worth the Effort To Do.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

.......HOW TO DO A THEME UPDATE........AFTER NAV 900 UPGRADE ONLY INFO.............

.....WARNING......
THIS IS A SOFTWARE UPGRADE HACK FOR THE NAVI 600
AND I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOU DOING THIS
THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK...FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER..

THIS MUST ONLY BE DONE AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE NAVI 600.900 UPDATE FIRST
THIS WON'T WORK JUST ON A STANDARD NAVI 600 OR 900
THE UPGRADE IS NEEDED TO THE NAVI 600 FOR THE NAVI 900 FUNCTIONALITY
SEE TOP POST FOR UPGRADE INFO.

This How to Has Been Done and is Here on VXOC just for are Translation Issues and to Help us Here in the UK

...REMEMBER THIS IS A HACK SOFTWARE UPDATE...

This will Wipe all POI Setting and Saved Picture Frame Settings and Navi Address Book and Saved Locations
You will be Reflashing the Updated Navi 600/900 Again just like you Did in the last Part of the navi 600 900 Upgrade
With the USB Apart from this Time it will go to 100% no Problems the Disc is Not Needed for This Bit Just the USB
It is Recommended all Imported POI and Imported Picture Frames all Deleted from the Navi Before you Install the New Theme Update

First of all i Recommend joining and Reading the Posts and Threads on the Navi 600 900 Theme Change Upgrade
On These Two forums you will Need Google Translate And Gather as Much Info as Possible as There are Some Bad Links out There as well as good ones.
Here is some of the Options out there in this Thread but this How To will only Cover the Links to the Blue Day and Red Night Themes.

....THEME OPTIONS............

http://www.astra-faq.ru/tuning/tsvet-dis...0-900.html

.....FORUMS THREADS..........

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...Xrjr1tfh_A

http://www.astragtc.org/t614-remplacer-l...vi-900-600

It is Also Possible for the Techie Minded to Rewrite and Edit your own Theme
This is done by Modifying the Original Navi 600 900 Download DNL Pack You Downloaded to do the Navi 600 900 Upgrade
Press the DNL File Till You get to System\adrit-mpu10 You will Then see a List of .ULI Image Codes
Image 22.ULI is for Day Theme and Image 11.ULI for Night Theme And image 14.ULI is Animations Logos      
Extract them Using a GM UNPacker and then Saving to a Temp file and Editing the .ULI Codes
And then Using a GM Packer to put them Back into the Correct NAV 600 900 DNL File After Editing.

I Would Strongly Advise Anyone Doing this to Ask for Help And Advise with This as if You Get it Wrong you Are in Big Trouble.
But if you Are Keen to do This Then Here is the GM Packer/Unpacker Link and The Original navi 600 900 Upgrade DNL files to Edit  
The Two Above Forums Have A Few Members That May Help with this if you Ask Nicely.

http://www.astra-faq.ru/download/GM_Res.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/djc5ub...0to900.zip

.................................................HOW TO UPGRADE TO THE BLUE DAY AND RED NIGHT THEMES...............................

You Will Need to Find the Original Location of the Navi 600 900 res Vip DNL File You Downloaded For the NAVI 900 Upgrade and Note its Location on Your PC
When You Extract the New DNL Theme File Place it Somewhere Different so they Don't get Mixed up as They both are called the Same DNL.

Next you will need a USB Stick Formated to FAT32 8GB is Fine But make Sure it is off Good Quality.

You will Also Need To Download WINZIP to Unzip the RAR File Link To Get the New DNL Theme File to Open and then Copy and paste to the USB
Basically You Will Be Reflashing A New Navi 600 900 Upgrade Files Like you Did in the Upgrade with the USB Only This Time
It Will go to 100% Flash Without the Disc Being Needed.

......WINZIP LINK.......  

........DOWNLOAD LINK AND HOW TO UPLOAD INFO..........

Click the LINK

http://www.danrazor.net/Opel/NAVI900/Red..._DanRZ.rar

And Download to Your PC
And then Right Click and Extract to Winzip to Open the RAR File
Then Extract to Documents or Wherever You Like
The File will be Called DNL
Then Copy and Paste The DNL File to Your USB Drive.

Turn the Navi on
and Plugin the USB Stick
The Install screen will Then Pop Up
At this point Remove the Navi 600 SD Card Leaving the USB in Place
Then Press Install and it Will Flash to 100% This Takes Time Please Wait Till it Has Completed
Do Not Remove the USB or Turn the Ignition off Till This Has Been Done
The Navi will Now Reboot
When it awakens then you can remove the USB
And Then Reinsert the SD Navi Card
Then Turn the Navi On and Off
And Now You will Have The New Themes Installed.

You Will Need to Reflash Your Speed Camera POI,S Back to the Car After This Install.

To turn themes back to blue and white standard mode
Just Reflash the Original Navi 600 900 Res Vip USB Files.

..............................................................................................................

As Stated these are not my links all the thanks goes to DanRaz
This how to is put here so you can download and use it correctly
And to find the info you need on this change the theme subject much easier and better to understand
but please read the other forum threads i linked and get as much info as possible on this subject.

for more info and a how to on how to use the gm_res_ packer/unpacker.exe
edit theme files, startup animation, and standby logos click the link.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how...-animation

.....Please read this.....

Remove any poi,s before doing an updated or new theme.

If you are doing a theme update and have upgraded the nav SD card to a newer version
than you used for the original nav 600/900 update
then you must remove the newer SD card
and then reinstall the SD card you first used before doing any new theme update etc
after the theme update has been done and the system has rebooted
then you can put your newer SD card back in and it will update the card again
then put any POI,S back on.

Anyone who has a nav 900 SD card will need a theme that runs with v200 or v208
the card will bring up all the files for voice recognition on the nav, usb, etc
and the nav will speak to you but you still can not talk to it.

Pressing the phone button on the nav unit first before pressing the steering wheel button
is a normal function of a nav900 the same would apply if you wanted to talk to the nav usb etc on a nav900.

The original nav600/900 update is a v181 file
most themes are v200 when you update a theme in full it will become a v200 file
you can swap or copy and paste a image file say uli.14. uli.22. and uli.11. from another v200 theme
but do not try and copy and paste any other resbin.file or system file or font.uli etc from a v208 or v181 file into a v200
as mixing system files will brick the nav unit.
best thing to do is just alter the uli.image files only and do not attempt to alter any system files at all
the gm-respacker will not repack any system batch files ,resbin etc it will only pack the image.uli.files.

some v200 theme files have had there poi icons set up with speed icons 30, 40, 50, etc
these have been edited and will show on the nav map and pop up speed camera icon
and the poi list in the nav settings as 40mph symbol etc
this type of theme files are best avoided as they look crap
you can not edit the resbin. to remove these symbols from the nav map so there best avoided.

what you want is the v200 files that have the poi icons for the speedcams image
they look much better and have the starry night sky in the night theme sat nav
to check you have the correct ones before you upload it to the car
look in image.20.uli with the gm-res unpacker and check the images for the speedcam image
if it has the 30, 40, 50, 60, etc look for a different theme.

Do not try and add two night themes or two day themes to a v181 v200 v208 file
same with fonts you need to have night and day or the text color will vanish.

there are v208 files out there there the latest files but they're no different to the v200 files
the problem will come when say if you made a mistake on the update of a theme with v208
and you have already used v208 before and the nav unit goes into bootloader mode
then you need a v208 res disc to recover the nav unit like you did when you first installed the original v181 3d map update
if you were to add the v181 disc if your v208 usb did crash then it could brick the nav
so if you are using v208 then stick with the v208 files and only update the images.uli.1 to 24 and you should have no problems.

if you have v208 and uploaded a v200 or v181 theme in full to the nav unit you risk going into bootloader mode and risk brick without the v208 res disk.

If you are unsure about doing any editing or updating don't be afraid to ask on here
beware also there are bad links out there as well as good ones on the interweb so we only recommend
you use links to themes that have been proven to work again we hold no responsibility
for anything that goes wrong doing this type of update is purely at your own risk.

AS WITH ALL ELECTRICAL HOW TO,S
You do This at Your own Risk if you Follow the How to Correctly
There Should be no Problems Thank You.
Hi,
I have done the 3D maps and the speed cameras update and its great thanks, i know this is an old thread (bet you didn't think it would still be going) anyway, at the moment i have navi 600 map card but have ordered the navi 900 card, will everything still work? should i wait until i've installed the new map card before trying a theme update?

cheers.
G

Hi, Sorry, crossed wires i think, i did the 600 to 900 update from the original /First post and download the links this week, so i think i'm on the original V181 file, the file name doesn't say anything about version? 
I'm not bothered about updating the colour, but i have just bought the Navi 900 2017 SD card and i think i read this may brick it? is that right? do i have to re-flash everything to v208?
thanks
Hi all I have done the 600 to 900 upgrade without problems & got a  2018/19 card but since the upgrade the tmc is greyed out (traffic announcements) in settings. any help to sort this would be much appreciated thanks
(20:th-Feb-2019, 20:02:48)desmo Wrote: Hi all I have done the 600 to 900 upgrade without problems & got a  2018/19 card but since the upgrade the tmc is greyed out (traffic announcements) in settings. any help to sort this would be much appreciated thanks

Hi desmo,
sorry i cant help, ill check mine tomorrow and see if its the same, which links did you use to upgrade? the first page ones?
just asking as i used the first links and have a new map card, I'm just worried about putting the new card in after using first links in this post, which i think are V181

cheers
Gary
(21:st-Feb-2019, 20:15:24)fezza37 Wrote:
(20:th-Feb-2019, 20:02:48)desmo Wrote: Hi all I have done the 600 to 900 upgrade without problems & got a  2018/19 card but since the upgrade the tmc is greyed out (traffic announcements) in settings. any help to sort this would be much appreciated thanks

Hi desmo,
sorry i cant help, ill check mine tomorrow and see if its the same, which links did you use to upgrade? the first page ones?
just asking as i used the first links and have a new map card, I'm just worried about putting the new card in after using first links in this post, which i think are V181

cheers
Gary

Hi Gary, i used the first page links & upgraded with no problems at all using 2017/18 map card which i purchased from ebay as only just purchased the car with no map card, after putting in the card it kept rebooting the infotainment system, when i took the card out everything else worked fine so thought i would do the upgrade hoping it would cure the problem it didn't so got a refund on my first card & got a 2018/19 card from Sat Nav Direct all works perfect now but noticed that the TMC is greyed out in settings but if i go into config the nav settings its functional ie not greyed  cheers dave
If in town on route the TMC won't work you need to route onto a motorway for tmc to work.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(21:st-Feb-2019, 20:15:24)fezza37 Wrote:

Hi desmo,

cheers
Gary

Just for info the new NAV 900 card worked ok, i know have 3D Speed camera & red theme
(23:rd-Feb-2019, 19:48:39)Rusty2009 Wrote: If in town on route the TMC won't work you need to route onto a motorway for tmc to work.

Thanks just got to sort speed cams & poi now
help me pleaseda did it all and  fail all the time when i insert cd.
I updated my Navi600 to 900 successfully from a USB stick and CDR i bought from ebay. I now want to add the red theme, my question is, do i copy the red theme dnl file to the usb stick and overwrite the original update dnl file? how can i tell which firmware version of the theme i need?
I’ve been told that updating the SD card to new maps doesn’t work after the 600-900 software update? Is this true?
If so, what are the latest maps that you can safely use after the update?
Thnx.
(10:th-Mar-2019, 13:25:38)Boolee2112 Wrote: I updated my Navi600 to 900 successfully from a USB stick and CDR i bought  from ebay. I now want to add the red theme, my question is, do i copy the red theme dnl file to the usb stick and overwrite the original update dnl file? how can i tell which firmware version of the theme i need?

Have a read through this thread https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how...-animation

(11:th-Mar-2019, 09:49:22)Boolee2112 Wrote: I’ve been told that updating the SD card to new maps doesn’t work after the 600-900 software update? Is this true?
If so, what are the latest maps that you can safely use after the update?
Thnx.

They do work no issues at-all but it must be done after you've done the hack.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.
Merhaba ben astra j sedan kullanıcısıyım. navi 600'ü aracımda tuttum, ancak açıkladığım gibi tüm işlemleri yaptım, ancak flash diski taktığımda sesi desteklemiyor ve güncelleme uyarısı ekranı yok diyor, ancak cd uyarısını ve güncellemesini takarken flaştan önce bir şey söyle ama normal bir şekilde kendini yeniden başlatır.
Bu noktada ne yapmalıyım;
Bunları kurmam ya da güncellemem. İnternetten izlediğim bir videoda bununla ilgili bir açıklama yapmazsanız sevinirim. Çeviriden yazıyorum çünkü ingilizce bilmiyorum.

Translated is saying

Hi I am astra j sedan user. I kept the navi 600 in my car, but I did all the operations as I explained, but when I insert the flash disk it doesn't support audio and says no update alert screen, but when installing the cd alert and update say something before flash, but it restarts itself normally.
What should I do at this point;
I don't install or update them. I would appreciate it if you do not make a statement about it in a video I watch from the internet. I write it because I don't speak English.
You need to use good quality disc and really a scan-disk USB.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hello I use a quality disk as you say, but there is no way an update warning is the difference between the version given here and the version number I used in the car my navi 600 installed version looks more current, but I watch all the videos I plug in the flash does not detect in my vehicle I wonder if there's a lockout on the factory side. thanks in advance
How I need to burn that ISO on CD ? Is this ok ,like on photo,  or must be burned like ISO ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You goddam beauty,I have a 2011 Elite with a 600 Navi and following these instructions I now have a 900 Navi,awesome mate,fantastic post!
Perfect ! Working good ! for now I tried today and succeed ! Thanks !!
Now, if someone can explain which file of POI . speedcam exactly I need to download and how to put in Navi..
I really can't understand explanation from page 1...what about unzip and copy DNL to USB ? I'm rely confused :(
quote...
SPEED CAMERA POI UPDATE..

For the Speed Camera POI,S UPDATE FOR THE NAV 600 BEFORE UPDATE..
OR THE NAV 600/900 AFTER UPDATE..

Download this File.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1acgrkxbgwnsp00/myPOIs.zip

i have newer speedcam files here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4x7fi5xyo5o89...4ZdWa?dl=0

Added a backup to our own server https://www.vxoc.org.uk/download/Vauxhal...myPOIs.zip

And Unzip and Copy DNL to a USB Stick
USB STICK Formated to fat32.
Go to the NAVI Config Settings
and Find POI,S Import Setting and click it
it will then tell you to add a usb device
Plug in the USB
And Import the POI,S from the USB Speed Camera
and wait for the Update to get to 100%
it may take some time and stay at 50% for a bit but wait till it gets to 100%
then Remove the USB Stick
Go to the NAV POI,S setting on the Navi and then select and Tick General settings
this will add Speed Cameras and They will Now Show on the Navi Map.
They Look like little gold stars on the Map.
Just one recommendation /suggestion..
start the car before you start the installation ( if you think your battery is not fully charged ) !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH Skemess 20 17,240 31:st-Mar-2023, 11:29:57
Last Post: Jjmorris90
  how to edit nav600/900 theme files and start up animation. tucpal 83 74,609 23:rd-Apr-2021, 20:58:18
Last Post: Vljubinovski
  Navi 600 to 900 upgrade problem! Help needed ASAP! bh03an 5 13,886 29:th-Aug-2020, 20:34:20
Last Post: iamwalsh
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,249 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster

Who read this thread?
11 User(s) read this thread:
Foz88 (15:th-Oct-2023, 21:21:08), Ozel66 (18:th-Apr-2024, 12:58:25), milozic (24:th-Mar-2024, 15:59:46), James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 00:55:12), Dvaltd (17:th-Dec-2023, 21:35:56), DaveT2 (28:th-Oct-2023, 14:24:12), RD021 (16:th-Jun-2023, 08:18:17), Jnny (1:st-Dec-2023, 16:14:39), Bobby_Phillips (15:th-Feb-2024, 18:43:01), Bernhard_Van_t_Slot (17:th-Mar-2024, 20:26:00), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 11:33:58)