Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
mirrors modul powerfolding for autopowerfold

AutoPowerFold Modul for PowerFolding mirrors
Dear Forumusers,

in the beginning of this year I decide to retrofit the PowerFold mirrors to my Astra-J - MY2011.
I bought the mirrorswitch and the PowerFold mirrors for a small money (all together for around 200€).

After everything was installed, I missed the function of an AutoPowerFolding my new mirrors.

I bought a second mirrorswitch for PowerFoldMirrors and start to study and analyse the integrated electronic inside
this switch. After 1 Month I got a very simple modification for the mirrorswitch and I set up my "AutoPowerFold Modul V1.00".

With my Module it is possible to AutoPowerFold the mirrors by pressing 2 times the "close" button on the FOB to fold in and by pressing
2 times the "open" button to fold out. The time from the first click to the second click on the FOB must be inside 4 seconds. After that
my module go back to normal state and wait for the next click on the FOB.

The size of my module is 54x37x21mm.

The comfort opening of the windows will work as normal (as you can see in the video). Also the Autolock will not affect the Folding.

My Module have an integrated ESD Protection on the connector and also an Powermanagement. It will go to idle mode if not needed.
The current consumption is below 1mA.

As my pdf´s are too big to make it as attachment, here are some links:

Modification instructions mirror switch

Einbauanleitung AutoPowerFold Modul V1.00.
Even in German language, but I will translate it to English if I find some time
Please note that the Right Hand Drive will have other PIN connections.

... and a little video ...

very good thread and well done
but we have found a way to do this as well
it is different to your one but works the same
have a look here
Thank you, I saw this already. My Module works with an microcontroller and not with relais.
I think it´s better to have two resources than only one

And ... my Module is cheaper ;-)
i totally agree 2 options is better than one and you have done a good job :cool
Ordered my module from Jens about a week ago and it turned up on Sat. Really helpful and friendly fella. Module looks great quality.

Couldn't recommend enough.
what was this way mate?
(25:th-Mar-2014, 22:07:55)tucpal Wrote: very good thread and well done
have a look here

what was this way mate?
Now I´ve got an english version for the installation of the module. Thanks to Rusty for the translation.

You can find it here:  Installation instructions AutoPowerFold Module (english)

Cheers
Jens
should be very helpfull thanks
This is something I've been looking at since I got the car. The only thing that puts me off is the soldering aspect. I take it there is no plug and play version?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(21:st-Jun-2016, 15:28:33)bhalay207 Wrote: This is something I've been looking at since I got the car. The only thing that puts me off is the soldering aspect. I take it there is no plug and play version?

Me too hopeless at soldering.

(25:th-Mar-2014, 21:53:43)A20DTH Wrote: With my Module it is possible to AutoPowerFold the mirrors by pressing 2 times the "close" button on the FOB to fold in and by pressing
2 times the "open" button to fold out. The time from the first click to the second click on the FOB must be inside 4 seconds. After that

Any pics where you have fitted the module

have a look here

Have you a link to this?

Does this auto fold and unfold when you lock/lock the doors.

(22:nd-Jun-2016, 09:14:14)raimon Wrote:
(21:st-Jun-2016, 15:28:33)bhalay207 Wrote: This is something I've been looking at since I got the car. The only thing that puts me off is the soldering aspect. I take it there is no plug and play version?

Me too hopeless at soldering.

(25:th-Mar-2014, 21:53:43)A20DTH Wrote: With my Module it is possible to AutoPowerFold the mirrors by pressing 2 times the "close" button on the FOB to fold in and by pressing

Any pics where you have fitted the module

have a look here

Have you a link to this?

Does this auto fold and unfold when you lock/unlock the doors.
I had folding module on astra and was installed in shop wasn't this one. Nottl sure which one was since service guy got it. Also as far as I know he only had to cut few wires and was no soldering involved.

If somebody is intrested I'll give him a ring to see what and where and also if some can post folding diagram since I can't access my Tis on 64-bit windowsm
[quote pid='36533' dateline='1466600269']
If somebody is intrested I'll give him a ring to see what and where and also if some can post folding diagram since I can't access my Tis on 64-bit windowsm
[/quote]

That would be good. Knowing a 3rd method is better than 2
Any news about the 3rd solution?
I got my new Module Version 2.0 ready. Now it is possible by setting a jumper to select even if the mirrors should fold in by pressing 2 times or 1 time.
Fold out is always 2 times pressing. If you change the incoming wires of CL you can also have 1 time open, 2times close.
Mate isn't sure anymore which one was it since he has fewnof them and not one is marked. If somebody can pm me wiring diagram of folding curcit maybe then he can see which one is it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
(9:th-Aug-2016, 14:14:54)A20DTH Wrote: Any news about the 3rd solution?
I got my new Module Version 2.0 ready. Now it is possible by setting a jumper to select even if the mirrors should fold in by pressing 2 times or 1 time.
Fold out is always 2 times pressing. If you change the incoming wires of CL you can also have 1 time open, 2times close.

Hello can we have them close and open both 1 click? Also what is the price of this module 2? Danke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Mate,

of course thats possible, but you can not use the autolock function any more because the autolock will also use the same signal for the door lock.
I can make a special version for that (if internal jumper is plugged you will have 1time for both). The cost is 49€ plus 9,50€ shipping fee.
For an order please send me an email to info@jn-elektronik.de

BR
Jens
Did you ever manage to do it so the mirrors tilt down in reverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(16:th-Aug-2017, 19:21:51)Lewis6317 Wrote: Did you ever manage to do it so the mirrors tilt down in reverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

no sorry, as there is no good way to find out the real position of the mirror I stopped that project.

BR
Jens
Dears,

there is a new version out of my AutoPowerFold module.
The new version 3.0 comes with a dip switch to decide yourself if the mirrors should fold in/out with 1 or 2times pressing the key fob.

The instructions can be found here: CLICK

The cost of the new module is 54,50€ plus shipping.

Older versions are no longer available.

BR,
Jens

Who read this thread?
7 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (11:th-Nov-2023, 09:19:33), cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 06:18:09), Qaranc (30:th-Jun-2023, 03:41:46), milozic (16:th-Sep-2023, 21:39:06), hursty (9:th-Jun-2023, 08:07:40), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:24:40), Clarkie (7:th-Dec-2023, 20:59:13)