Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dab fit with retro the cd500 and 600 for cars

DAB retro fit for cars with the cd500 and 600
Would it perhaps be this part?
https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/2013-VAUXHA...Swr1tZ-Jb8
Only one I can find for sale so far.
(27:th-Nov-2017, 13:29:00)rlievens Wrote: Would it perhaps be this part?
https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/2013-VAUXHA...Swr1tZ-Jb8
Only one I can find for sale so far.

That looks good to me mate
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Hi all,

I have have been reading this tread with interest.
I own a 2015 Astra-J sports tourer with a NAVI 650 installed.
I am looking to upgrade the infotainment with a DAB+ module. As I read there are different models around.
I am in doubt of installing an original module, or an aftermarket one (DAB-U Dension or AutoDAB).
My Astra has the DAB antenna in the rear window, but I did not find a cable there to connect the antenna module to, so the antenna is missing, bit on the window there is a "dummy connection" to connect the DAB antenna to.

THere is (to me) some confusement about the location of the module te built in. I own a left hand drive as I live in NL. In pictures I found it is located on the left side of the car, and others state on LHD it is behind the glovebox.
Open questoens (a lot but lets start with):
- what DAB module is needed to be combined with a NAVI-650
- is the DAB box connection on the right side of the Astra? so for LHD behind the glovebox?
You need a U4D DAB module.
It will be behind the glove box.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks Rusty,
I just checked but there is no connector to be found there, so I quess the astra is not prepared besides the window.

guess the shoppinglist would be
- Y cable + modification from radio to U4D module ( or is there a pug and play version??)
- U4D module (not sure what one yet --> 13435756 or 13410170 or 13483128 ) -> can someone verify what part or are one of these 3 okay?
- Bracket -> 13263525
- antanna cable (FAKRA Female - Female) --> 6mtr -> can someone verify length and type?
- antenna for rear window (13353310 ) -> did not find an alternative so this should be it?
- VCI code from dealer --> Someone knows what they charge in NL? I think there are some NL people here perhaps?
thanks!
Any of the U4D DAB Module will be fine.
Bracket yes.

As for cable depends how you plan to run it 5m is more than enough normally tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi again,
some open questions:
- What is the difference between the U4D models?
- You have more details on the cable that I would need to make?
I can not open the attachments from post #92
- how do I get a connector to fit to the U4D module?

Thanks!
Anybody able to re-attach the cable loom scematics as in post #92? Or sent these to me?
I would really apreciate that.
Maybe they got lost with the database issue a few months back

Attached Files
  dab_sch.pdf (Size: 28.63 KB / Downloads: 30)
  A11 Radio X1.pdf (Size: 106.77 KB / Downloads: 26)
  A12 Digital Radio Receiver Control Module X1 (UBT).pdf (Size: 91.44 KB / Downloads: 26)
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
hoooooray!!
I fitted the dab+ module under the dash and the reciever box onto the rear side window ages ago (mines a tourer) and have now finally got around to visiting Rusty to have it programmed.
I'm pleased to say it works realy well.
well actually it wouldn't find many stations in Bournemouth, and the trip back home was patchy but here in rural North Devon it seems to work really well.
so
I'm very pleased - an upgrade well worth doing, and I got 34.5mpg on the trip so that wasn't too bad.
now to get the reverse camera sorted out!!
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(30:th-May-2018, 21:20:00)niteram Wrote: hoooooray!!
I fitted the dab+ module under the dash and the reciever box onto the rear side window ages ago (mines a tourer) and have now finally got around to visiting Rusty to have it programmed.
I'm pleased to say it works realy well.
well actually it wouldn't find many stations in Bournemouth, and the trip back home was patchy  but here in rural North Devon it seems to work really well.
so
I'm very pleased - an upgrade well worth doing, and I got 34.5mpg on the trip so that wasn't too bad.
now to get the reverse camera sorted out!!

Your find if you fitted a roof mount DAB+ aerial the reception would be far better.

I'm off up in the loft today to look for that part, came down with a cold Tuesday afternoon/ evening.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Am I right in assuming that the DAB antenna for the 2012 Astra Sri Sports Tourer is on the rear passenger quarter panel window please?

I have two black connectors attached on that window along with what looks like two ariel leads going to the drivers front footwell just below the bonnet release but only one going up to the dash. Any idea what parts I’d need please to fit the DAB module?
I have 2012 Astra Sri Sports Tourer, can someone please confirm

1. That the dab antenna is on the rear passenger quarter panel window

2. If there are two ariel leads going to the block in the drivers footwell then one is FM and the other is DAB

Please

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAB retro fit for cars with the CD 400 tucpal 203 107,311 13:th-Mar-2021, 13:20:56
Last Post: Morpheus75
  POWER FOLD MIRRORS retro fit tucpal 121 86,361 19:th-Jan-2020, 09:18:53
Last Post: Rusty2009
  AUTO DIM ANTI DAZZLE REAR VIEW MIRROR retro fit tucpal 72 47,116 4:th-Aug-2019, 18:26:52
Last Post: KKEVANSKK
  USB factory retro fit tucpal 20 25,772 13:th-Jan-2018, 12:12:55
Last Post: marcus01

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
Adi (30:th-Nov-2023, 18:36:23), Big Dave2 (23:rd-Feb-2024, 11:48:57), milozic (11:th-Jun-2023, 21:09:20), giderci (26:th-Feb-2024, 17:11:37)