Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dab fit with retro the cd500 and 600 for cars

DAB retro fit for cars with the cd500 and 600
Sorry I was rushing yesterday when popped on.

Yes we need to see what yo have behind the trim, Not quite sure how it comes off on the GTC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(26:th-Feb-2017, 12:18:39)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sorry I was rushing yesterday when popped on.

Yes we need to see what yo have behind the trim, Not quite sure how it comes off on the GTC.

Anyone else knows how to take the trim off on an Astra GTC (2013)?
Opel Astra J GTC 1.4 Turbo Build: July 2013
Black
you need to remove both the upper and lower sections of the rear seat, the seat belt trim - couple of screws under there, there is a cover over the rear screw fixing and then you should be able to pull the panel off - it has a few of the usual trim clips.
(27:th-Feb-2017, 08:32:16)vocky Wrote: you need to remove both the upper and lower sections of the rear seat, the seat belt trim - couple of screws under there, there is a cover over the rear screw fixing and then you should be able to pull the panel off - it has a few of the usual trim clips.

WOW, rear seat out and also seat belt trim.............pfeww...........that's not an easy one I reckon....and only for checking if the cable is there.....already regret I bought the DAB module hahaha.
Black
I guess I was a little to enthusiastic when buying the DAB module. Seeing the work that needs to be done I am thinking of selling the DAB module again. So, if anyone is interested send me PM and tell me your bid ;-).
Black
Kick up
Black
So whats the real plan now?
Surely your not going to give up?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(28:th-Feb-2017, 09:45:35)Rusty2009 Wrote: So whats the real plan now?
Surely your not going to give up?

Well, I guess will be little more hassle then I thought would be. Each step I need to bother everyone in this forum and takes time of you en slow progress.
Now I read I need to take off rear seat to be able to open the trim for checking aerial......that seems hard, but wouldn't know.
It's sort of slow chatting and me asking all the time, you understand? So, to be honest, I really wouldn't know if I should proceed or not..........;-)
Black
Exactly my point :-) ;-)
Black
(28:th-Feb-2017, 11:08:48)EagleForce Wrote: Well, I guess will be little more hassle then I thought would be. Each step I need to bother everyone in this forum and takes time of you en slow progress.
Now I read I need to take off rear seat to be able to open the trim for checking aerial......that seems hard, but wouldn't know.
It's sort of slow chatting and me asking all the time, you understand? So, to be honest, I really wouldn't know if I should proceed or not..........;-)

Sometimes you just have to get stuck in, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
People are here to answer question admittedly maybe not as fast as people would like, but we are all here to help each other out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I know, it's not a matter of people not willing to answer or help at all. 
Today I contacted my dealer about the VCI-code........turns out GM will charge them 150 (!) euro for the small code of software (incl VCI) which is needed for the retrofit.
I think it's madness, but who am I ;-)

So, I stop this project and sell the DAB module again ;-).

Thanks for all the help so far, will of course still follow and participate on other topics here!
Black
IIRC DAB VCI is free now I'll look next time i'm online.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(3:rd-Mar-2017, 08:14:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: IIRC DAB VCI is free now I'll look next time i'm online.

Weird, I had them on the phone yesterday. They told me that Opel/Vauxhall charge for all things that weren't in the car from factory and needs VCI.
Black
No GM have free of charge retrofits and also a price grading system, they told you lies saying they charge for all VCI retrofits.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(3:rd-Mar-2017, 15:31:41)Rusty2009 Wrote: No GM have free of charge retrofits and also a price grading system, they told you lies saying they charge for all VCI retrofits.

Wow.......but how can I verify what they will charge then? Need dealer as middleman or not? If I tell them they lie they surely will not help me anymore hahaha.
Black
Next time I pay to use SPS I will get you a full list.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
On the GTC the rear quarter trim panels wrap around the rear seat hinges, which is why the rear seat has to come out.

I will add some photos in a few months, I need to add some wiring and they have to come off. I am too busy at the moment to do it.
(3:rd-Mar-2017, 18:50:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: Next time I pay to use SPS I will get you a full list.

Thanks M8!

(4:th-Mar-2017, 10:53:51)vocky Wrote: On the GTC the rear quarter trim panels wrap around the rear seat hinges, which is why the rear seat has to come out.

I will add some photos in a few months, I need to add some wiring and they have to come off. I am too busy at the moment to do it.

Thanks! Will wait for those then!
Black
I had a spare few hours today, so removed the rear quarter trim panel, some photos in my thread

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-VXR...2#pid42152
If you wanted to check or fit the ZR DAB amplifier to a GTC you could probably just remove the driver side (RHD) parcel shelf side support, the outer cover simply pulls off and the inner cover has two screws holding it on, you need to pull away the boot side panel once the outer cover has been removed to gain access to the two screws.

No need to remove the quarter panel trim or rear seat - if you have the wiring there.
(8:th-Mar-2017, 10:30:25)vocky Wrote: If you wanted to check or fit the ZR DAB amplifier to a GTC you could probably just remove the driver side (RHD) parcel shelf side support, the outer cover simply pulls off and the inner cover has two screws holding it on, you need to pull away the boot side panel once the outer cover has been removed to gain access to the two screws.

No need to remove the quarter panel trim or rear seat - if you have the wiring there.

As English isn't my native language I have some trouble understanding this completely......simple drawing/picture you have perhaps?
Black
I will take another photo for you

outer trim simply pulls off, inner trim has two screws roughly where marked in the photo
(9:th-Mar-2017, 12:59:14)vocky Wrote:

outer trim simply pulls off, inner trim has two screws roughly where marked in the photo
Thanks! This is your left side with seat still in?
Black
UK driver side or Europe passenger side

rear seat is just folded / lowered down
(9:th-Mar-2017, 17:53:20)vocky Wrote: UK driver side or Europe passenger side

rear seat is just folded / lowered down

Thanks M8!
Black
Hi all, recently got another astra j 2.0cdti elite auto 165 car has intellilink 950 Europe fitted from factory but appears not to have DAB radio option in menus?? Is this correct was quiet surprised to discover it's not fitted?
Hi, this is something I would like to do on my car.
It's a sport tourer with navi600, so it has the shark fin on the roof. - It's a 2012 model on a 61 plate.
I've looked in the footwell - the 2 required connectors are present - so a good start

now the bit that I require help/advise with

I think that the DAB aerial is in the O/S/R window and should have a ZU (13353310) unit attatched, which should be wired to the shark fin.
Is that correct??
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Nothing else is wired to the shark-fin the shark-fin is a dummy or GPS only.

IIRC on the tourer the contacts are on side window.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've just had a quick look under the rear trims, the D pillar trim pulls back enough to see a ZS unit one side and a ZT the other - these are for window diversity system, there is a single dummy connector on the O/S glass that I guess the DAB unit attaches to.

If I can get the correct unit - marked ZU I think, how does it connect? I know one wire goes onto the glass, but what about the other end?

I found the part number for the ZU module here
https://nemiga.com/cat_spares/epc/vauxhall/p10/p10/9/
Where does the other end of the DAB module cable plug into? I can't find the wire but all connectors are fitted on the radio box so I have hopes of finding it.
(14:th-Jul-2017, 17:59:23)zzattack Wrote: Where does the other end of the DAB module cable plug into? I can't find the wire but all connectors are fitted on the radio box so I have hopes of finding it.

Nothing else plugs into the stereo. I think the wiring is apart of the connector block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DAB box goes behind the pocket drivers side (on RHD)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Anyone know for LHD cars?
(15:th-Jul-2017, 08:15:01)zzattack Wrote: Anyone know for LHD cars?

Behind glovebox.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Surely I would've seen it then by now.
Any idea if the loom can be built?
I did contact a few sellers of the DAB module but none had the cable for it and I did find one new for €160 which is a bit crazy if you ask me.
yes you can make the loom your self.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Any details on this? Pins and connector don't seem too common, you found a source for them?
(16:th-Jul-2017, 10:28:11)zzattack Wrote: Any details on this? Pins and connector don't seem too common, you found a source for them?

I can send you the connector and some pins with the camera I'll grab the wiring info for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That'd be much appreciated, thanks!
Actually, that's okay.. I found a DAB+ module at the scrapyard and they let me cut part of the loom from another car.
If you have the pinning diagram (I searched in SPS but couldn't find it yet) that'd be great!

I've mostly figured it out. Pinout of A12 X1 is:
Code:
pin/wire thickness/id/descr.
3 0.35 YE 5169 Mid Speed GMLAN Serial Data (+)
4 0.75 RD/VT 3140 Battery Positive Voltage
5 0.35 BARE 1573 Front Audio Drain Wire
6 0.35 BN/WH 367 Remote Radio Left Audio Signal
7 0.35 BN/BK 372 Remote Radio Audio (-)
8 0.35 D-GN/WH 368 Remote Radio Right Audio Signal (1)
9 0.35 GY 388 Remote Radio Right Audio Signal (2)
12 0.35 WH 5170 Mid Speed GMLAN Serial Data (-)
13 0.75 BK 1750 Ground

According to the schematic we can grab pins 5-9 from the big connector on the radio.
A pair for of power wires for pins 4/13 shouldn't be too hard to come by.
X84 is mentioned in the schematic as 'data link connector' so I'm pretty sure this fills the remaining pins 3 and 12, just gotta figure out where I can find this connector. I'd rather not splice these wires.

X84 will be the OBD2 connector I suppose. I'll make the cable and request a VCI, hope that works out

Attached Files
  dab_sch.pdf (Size: 28.63 KB / Downloads: 31)
  A12 Digital Radio Receiver Control Module X1 (UBT).pdf (Size: 91.44 KB / Downloads: 37)
  A11 Radio X1.pdf (Size: 106.77 KB / Downloads: 25)
Actually, hooking them up to the OBD2 connector doesn't make sense as then it'll just be an unconnected wire.
Rusty can u weigh in on where to get the Mid Speed GMLAN Serial Data wires?
Ok I see you found them was just going to share them.

Ok A12 x1 pin1 Yellow 5169 splice into A11 x1 pin 35
A12 x1 pin12 Wite 5170 splice into A11 x1 pin 36
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yea that'll work, thanks.
Would you also splice in the power lines into that connector or is there a better suited spot for that?
(18:th-Jul-2017, 07:58:04)zzattack Wrote: Yea that'll work, thanks.
Would you also splice in the power lines into that connector or is there a better suited spot for that?

Yeah red/yellow splice to red/yellow on A11 x1.

Black you can splice into black on A11 x1. Or you can find a ground point on the chassis.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah that'll work, perfect.

For reference:
* For DAB+ you want a 'U4D' module (OEM numbers below)
* It does not matter what car the module is taken from, even if they have different OEM numbers.
* There is no need for the module to be unpaired/reset
* The old UBT module is for DAB, not DAB+, so don't bother searching for that anymore
* The loom connecting the module with the radio is identical between U4D and UBT

In order not to confuse anybody I will only list the OEM numbers I found that are for U4D modules:
- 13426583 (from Insignia/Ampera)
- 13435756 (from Astra/Zafira)
- 13410170 (from Mokka)
- 13483128 (from Astra?)
They are interchangable however! You can save an eBay search for this or request the numbers on proxyparts etc.
I've now fitted the ZU unit onto the right rear window
I managed to pull the trims back enough to get it in and connected to the window
The wiring was tucked in above the headlining, so just needed plugging in.

Now all I need is the module for the front (and to get it coded)
Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the factory installed DAB to DAB+, if possible.
I have DVD800 (I understand this doesn't exist in the UK but I hope it will be the same) with factory DAB installed. But in Belgium we don't have a lot of radio stations transmitting on DAB, they all moved on to DAB+. I also found out that you guys in the UK don't use DAB+ but still hope you can help me.

I don't know a lot about DAB and the head units, and I just can't figure it out on my own.

Is it possible to change out my DAB module for an DAB+ one and if so which one, what kind?
(27:th-Nov-2017, 11:12:33)rlievens Wrote: Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the factory installed DAB to DAB+, if possible.
I have DVD800 (I understand this doesn't exist in the UK but I hope it will be the same) with factory DAB installed. But in Belgium we don't have a lot of radio stations transmitting on DAB, they all moved on to DAB+. I also found out that you guys in the UK don't use DAB+ but still hope you can help me.

I don't know a lot about DAB and the head units, and I just can't figure it out on my own.

Is it possible to change out my DAB module for an DAB+ one and if so which one, what kind?

if I believe correctly you can fit it but you will need to get a vci from gm about £35.00 I think but not sure on price
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAB retro fit for cars with the CD 400 tucpal 203 103,929 13:th-Mar-2021, 13:20:56
Last Post: Morpheus75
  POWER FOLD MIRRORS retro fit tucpal 121 85,117 19:th-Jan-2020, 09:18:53
Last Post: Rusty2009
  AUTO DIM ANTI DAZZLE REAR VIEW MIRROR retro fit tucpal 72 46,515 4:th-Aug-2019, 18:26:52
Last Post: KKEVANSKK
  USB factory retro fit tucpal 20 24,819 13:th-Jan-2018, 12:12:55
Last Post: marcus01

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
Adi (30:th-Nov-2023, 18:36:23), Big Dave2 (23:rd-Feb-2024, 11:48:57), milozic (11:th-Jun-2023, 21:09:20), dixy (18:th-Apr-2023, 05:43:25), giderci (26:th-Feb-2024, 17:11:37)