Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
jolting kangaroo effect

Jolting/kangaroo effect
Hi I've had my astra 2012 j 1.6 vx line for 8 months now, and a while after getting it, it started kangarooing, like it's about to stall when I take my foot off the accelerator between 1-2.5k revs. And sometimes accelerates slightly... It only really happens in the lower revs.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or can anyone shed a light on a problem?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
sounds like a bad coil, pack is it a turbo ?
No not a turbo

ok thanks have you had any fault codes flash up at all
have you changed the spark plugs whats your milage
Cheers for the response mate. No no faults codes or lights on dash, milage is 28k, and it was serviced just before I got it 8 months ago. Not changed the plugs, it's due for a service though.

Can It be a sticky egr valve? Seen a few posts similar online

it could be but it is more than lightly fuel or ignition
there have been a fair few who have had coil pack failure
but a warning message usually shows up
you really best get it checked out
Ye because there's no light I'm a bit lost tbh, I'll see if the service sorts it, if not ill have the egr valve off. The symptoms I have does suggest a sticky valve... I'm curious to see if anyone else has/had this problem.

Thanks for the advice bud.

I have a 2.0 cdti and had a problem with egr valve where the carbon stuck the valve open. Car went in to limp mode and when tried to rev engine it started to shake and judder a lot, didn't get any codes until the rac bloke revved the tits off her and it came back with air flow excessive and something else. Cleaned valve and been great ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be changing the spark plugs. That should make a massive difference

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response guys! Car has been serviced and plugs changed, but still doing it occasionally... think I'm gonna try cleaning the egr valve

Do petrols have an EGR valve? Have you looked into changing the coil packs as previously mentioned?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I spoke to the guy at vauxhall and he said that it does... no I haven't looked into coil pack yet, would that not put a light on the dash though?

Coil pack never put a code or engine warning light up on my corsa d. It did make the whole car vibrate tho.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
it did when my astra j coil pack went bad i got service traction control and service vehicle soon messages
also the car went in to limp mode
the older 1.6 na had an EGR but not the new 1.6 na the astra j has
I thought I'd jump on this thread to ask a similar question if anyone has any suggestions please. I have the 2010 1.7cdti and until the engine reaches the correct temperature, its is jolting/kangarooing between about 1500 to 2000 revs in every gear. It has started doing it about two weeks ago. Thanks in advance!
it could be a blocked DPF hopefully or just injector trouble
but it does sound like the DMF dual mass flywheel and you need to get it looked at asap.
(20:th-Feb-2016, 23:04:33)tucpal Wrote: it could be a blocked DPF hopefully or just injector trouble
but it does sound like the DMF dual mass flywheel and you need to get it looked at asap.
Okee dokee, there's something to think about. Cheers Tucpal
i would pull the EGR valve and EGR pipe out first and give them a good clean up and also clean the throttle body
get some EGR cleaner from halfords and get some DPF cleaner from euro parts and run it with a full tank

http://www.halfords.com/#

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-ac...&0&cc5_862

if this does not solve it then get the car looked at
as a replacement EGR may be needed
or the DMF may need checking over injectors etc,

follow this thread your engine will be slightly different but more or less the same

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-2-0...BODY-CLEAN
Thanks again!
Hi,

Today the engine was wierd, pherhaps the kangroo effect described in this thread.

No problem 0500 morning and worked like a clock for 15 mile - parked and just fine. The meeting was over and I drived back to site four hours later, the car jumped forward on 1st and 2nd gear so I stopped to rev - still the same. 30 seconds on idiling and tested to rev - Normal.

I drived away from Bribeburg and left that hell hole... Opened the hood and saw some oil probably from oil lid so I cleaned everything, no problem so far.. But, after I srewed of a hose going from intercooler to intake I saw oil inside the hose. No oil before turbo.

Engine pic:

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
richardt (24:th-Feb-2024, 17:43:42), ScottN2211 (21:st-Oct-2023, 15:33:04)