Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
club meet

Club Meet
I've been looking through some older posts about meets and a lot of our members seem to be based down south, well south to me ha. I'd love to suggest a meet around Yorkshire as its close to me but I gather that would be a canny distance for some people. So as I saw in one post was a meet at the Santa Pod strip on a RWYB day. This could easily be doubled up as a odd jobs day as well if people wanted. I'm assuming we wouldn't have trouble from officials if we done things where we parked if not disturbing anyone else.

So how does Saturday 15th August 2015 sound? http://www.rwyb.co.uk/index.php

It's £10 admission and £25 to sign on to race. 

If anyone is interested please post and let us know as soon as possible. 
It is 225 miles each way for me so hopefully a lot will turn out as I'm still to meet everyone in person. 

Alternatively I've seen the odd jobs meet in Leeds, if anyone is up for that, that would be perfect too. If we go for this option we will sort a place to meet where we won't be a nuisance to anyone and can get all cars parked nicely. Personally this option would be best for me but I'd still love the RWYB day out too.

http://strawpoll.me/4582516

I'm well up for santa pod.
Sounds good mate I can't commit until nearer the time as we don't know what the wife is working until 8pm Friday night (I will be to say on the 7th Aug).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cool I've just added a straw poll, get voting

No problem mate, hopefully get to meet you though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mate you can keep the polls in the forum we do have a poll option.

But is good to put faces to names and meet new people.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ah right I'm on phone but will have a look on laptop shortly.

Yeah certainly is mate.

i will if i get my car back
You better have it back by then haha

I'd be up for it if I'm free. Pref pod but could do Leeds depending on when it is as I have family in Sheffield so could make a weekend of it.
Damn...This looks like it would be an amazing day and I still really wanna meet up with all the active forum guys...but i'm on holiday then so can't come :( :(

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I'm leaning towards Leeds meet as a lot closer but Santa Pod would be a great day out!!

Just postpone Sheppy

Hahaha postpone the holiday that we have had booked for 6 months? sure that would go down a treat! lol

Hahaha I'm sure it would! Going to try and arrange another meet maybe October time if anyone is interested. Something North perhaps if people are willing to travel, like Lake District.

Plus keeping my eyes open for next years pvs, trax info etc.

Yes! I could make the lake district...and i do want to make sure i get to one of these events...just not wanting to have to drive 3 hours each way and take a day off like id have had to do for trax..

Cool, I'll get a meet sorted for October in the lakes.

I'm up for either as I'm central so will be travelling wherever we decide.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CarPro meet - Sunday 16th April 2017 Tonto 0 4,103 14:th-Apr-2017, 09:20:59
Last Post: Tonto
  Meet anytime soon? Nemo 33 15,988 11:th-Jan-2016, 16:49:40
Last Post: Hev
  Club Meet Tonto 29 27,972 1:st-Aug-2015, 06:30:20
Last Post: Tonto
  Odd jobs meet 28/09/2014 Cameron UK 25 13,617 28:th-Sep-2014, 23:13:34
Last Post: tucpal
  Meet prior to Trax 2014. SI SRI 9 7,300 15:th-Jul-2014, 07:47:21
Last Post: SI SRI