Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
aircon

aircon
Anyone had there Air Con Topped up
any idea of prices can you do this yourself or is it a dealer job    
Due to what's involved I'm sure you need to have passed a course to be able to do it (I could be wrong) although you can buy cans on ebay and do it self.

If mine needs doing it will be done at service by my mechanic, although check your local area a few places round me charge around £36 to do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
When I took mine in to get the coolant tank changed. They did a health check on the car and they said the air con needed doing. Needed cleaning out too.

I know it's £40 at halfords for clean and recharge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't let Halfords or kwikfit near my cars.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
i will ask about and get a dealer price
Aircon has got warmer and is starting to smell
i have sprayed the Dettol thru the system and new pollen fitter on its way
so i may as well get the Aircon topped up i have done 38k
and to my knowledge it has never been done or even mentioned in any check up
Neither would I mate. I know labour at the dealer near me is £102 per hour!

Was meant to ask when I last went. Because I was going to get it done.

Mine smelt like sick. Changing the pollen filter got rid of that no problem. Now it just smells odd. No where near as bad as before mind.

yes i think the system needs cleaning out professionally this time
Is there a "how to" find and clean the evaporator?
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
(31:st-May-2015, 11:57:54)sotoskon Wrote: Is there a "how to" find and clean the evaporator?

Not at the minute mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
You have to act...
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
dutton84, try here if you're still struggling with the smell as this should sort it: http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...ly-air-con
I bought that dettol spray when I bought a new pollen filter just never got round to doing it. Think I'll give it a go.

About this (didn't want to start a new thread), when should you service your aircon?

I have my car for a year now but don't know the history of it's aircon service.
It doesn't go as quick and cold as my previous 12 year old Nissan Almera, but it still does get the job done.
But maybe I'ts never been topped up in all these years (since 2010) and it could use some gas, making it perform better.

What is you guys advice? I want it in good condition for the summer But maybe it's already at it's best.
I can do it for 80€ er 100€ with cleaning and desinfecting.
When it no longer gets cold
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
Heh, yeah. Maybe you are right.
Don't want to waste 100€ but if it makes it perform better it might be worth it.
Maybe wait another year and see if it doesn't get worse
The best thing for an AC system is to run it frequently, even in winter.

Used in conjunction with the heater, it also makes a very good window demister.

I run my AC (well climate control) system all year round.

My previous car, a Vectra-C Elite was 8 yrs old and still blowing out icy cold air when the system was turned right down. The only thing that finished it off was the muntjac deer who failed to look before crossing the road!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F40 box and aircon Rusty2009 5 4,220 28:th-Jan-2016, 12:22:18
Last Post: DC_ELiTE