Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
funny sounds engine not or

Engine sounds funny...... Or not
https://vimeo.com/126470389

Engine seems to have a weird clicking sound. Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What car do you have? Is that a corsa?

No. An Astra 1.6

My Astra 1.7 CDTi has a very similar sound. I know the old corsa c used to sound like that when the cam chains were loose. But on my Astra it sounds like something around the injectors,

Oh right. That's bad then from what I've just quickly read on Google. Ha. Is it a timing belt or chain? I assume it's a chain if it rattles

Need to have another listen that was 4 months ago

I don't like diagnosis on video and forums are not the best to get advice take it too a garage it may be something it may be nothing
Sounds like a drev if so unless it's a 1.3CDTI then it will be a belt.

I can't really hear anything wrong but as Paul said best to get a garage to look at it if you think something doesn't sound right.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
alternator belt and water pump would be a good guess
what is your milage
54k. Had the fan belt done a month after having the car. That's the screeching one.

This was 4 months ago. Need to have another listen. Because if it is any of the above I need to get it in before the warranty runs out

was the water pump done at all
i would take it in just to be safe
That noise is not the water pump.

It sounds like injector tick but it's certainly not ancillary related. It's something on the top of the engine, I don't know if they're chain driven or not but certainly get it looked at.

Do you find that if you rev it, it gets quicker with revs the whole way up or does it stop after a certain revs?
I find in general is kind of sluggish. Ha. But never driven another on so nothing to compare to really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But yeah at low revs it's seems slow. Have to really rev it. Not sure if that's just what Astras are like though

Just had a quick look online and the cam belt should last 10 years or 100,000

Some say it's a cam chain

If it's got a metal cover its a chain and if it's got a plastic cover its a belt

6yrs or 100,000 miles I wouldn't leave it that long tho as its rubber
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Just checked my Astra out and my injectors tick very loudly too. I'll get a recording for you, but it have a chirping noise that's very loud that u will have to ignore lol

Maybe it is just injector tick then like Jj0063 said

Thanks for looking mate. Gonna have a look again this evening

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.7 cdti engine judder in 5th and 6th ScottN2211 0 846 21:st-Oct-2023, 16:27:48
Last Post: ScottN2211
  Engine Coolant and remote locking dm1996 1 2,647 14:th-Nov-2018, 10:19:53
Last Post: Big Dave2
  engine problems tucpal 8 11,083 11:th-Jan-2018, 16:13:15
Last Post: kebibg
  Engine sound Lukedent1234 0 3,889 18:th-Sep-2017, 09:26:28
Last Post: Lukedent1234
  Noise from engine SI SRI 8 10,582 26:th-Nov-2015, 15:17:23
Last Post: monty2000
  Astra J 1.7 engine chirping and pressure Jasoncourt 13 13,143 11:th-Sep-2015, 07:25:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Engine Rattling sheppy1 39 29,380 16:th-May-2015, 09:47:27
Last Post: sheppy1
  Funny noise from suspension Cameron UK 5 5,733 14:th-May-2014, 08:26:02
Last Post: cornishtaz