Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to install unit head aftermarket how

How to Install aftermarket head unit
(14:th-Nov-2020, 19:42:59)Brasseyebaby Wrote: Hi, sorry to bump an old thread but I registered just because of this topic.

I got Halfords to fit me a Sony XAV AX3005DB thinking that the £30 odd quid was worth me saving my energy but I sorely regret it.  They've shaved a bit off the top part of the head unit to get the aftermarket CTKVX42 fitted and my top screen is now blank.  The people in the store seem to have no idea what they're talking about despite "doing it for 20 years" apparently.  

I don't have that speaker wire with the black loop on my kit at all so that can't (or can it?) be the issue with the screen.  What else could it be?  Wrong Connects2 or something?

Connect2 upgraded the kit a while ago it now has DIP SWITCHES.
Did they give the paper sheet that came with the kit this will tell you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Hi, I made the mistake of having a Pioneer DAB130 fitted to replace the standard Stereo Unit by Halfords and they have messed it up!

I think I need the Fascia kit and necessary wiring to make it work correctly. Can you tell me what I need to enable the following to work correctly as there is less working than I expected?

1. Original digital display does not work now – so I cannot see things like temperature etc
  2. Steering wheel controls do not work
  3. Parking Assist Does not work (front and Rear)
  4. There is no facia surrounding the stereo head unit!
Can you tell me where can I purchase them and how much it is

Also, last question, is would a trained stereo fitter be able to easily use your products to do the job correctly

Sorry to ask but Halfords don’t seem to know what they are doing!

Thanks for your help

PS I attached a photo of how Halfords left my car looking for your amusement

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's disgusting mate I feel for you there.

You need a special surround to finish that off and a connects2 possibly or head unit programming if it's configurable.

If you were nearer I would look for you.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
I hope you didn't pay them.

I'm in Bournemouth,

I do have the parts needed here (although the surround is painted blue and grey).

If you wanted it sorted drop me a pm or send me a email via my website http://vxocelectrabizz.co.uk/Contact%20us.html.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(14:th-Nov-2020, 19:42:59)Brasseyebaby Wrote: Hi, sorry to bump an old thread but I registered just because of this topic.

I got Halfords to fit me a Sony XAV AX3005DB thinking that the £30 odd quid was worth me saving my energy but I sorely regret it.  They've shaved a bit off the top part of the head unit to get the aftermarket CTKVX42 fitted and my top screen is now blank.  The people in the store seem to have no idea what they're talking about despite "doing it for 20 years" apparently.  

I don't have that speaker wire with the black loop on my kit at all so that can't (or can it?) be the issue with the screen.  What else could it be?  Wrong Connects2 or something?

Got the same problem today as you , I have fitted the following kit 

Everything works ok including steering controls , however the top display ( red led one ) does not work 

Did you manage to get this working ?

Vauxhall Astra J Pearl Black Car Stereo Facia & Steering Wheel Interface CTKVX04
(13:th-Mar-2021, 18:53:25)GTC-Nut Wrote:

Got the same problem today as you , I have fitted the following kit 

Everything works ok including steering controls , however the top display ( red led one ) does not work 

Did you manage to get this working ?

Vauxhall Astra J Pearl Black Car Stereo Facia & Steering Wheel Interface CTKVX04

Manged to get this working , wrong dip switch setting and must be changed with the power disconnected from the unit to work 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 105,438 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  Battery drain Android tesla style head unit rayvo1 4 3,355 9:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:31
Last Post: rayvo1
  Aftermarket Stereo Bear 0 2,611 20:th-Jun-2020, 16:12:01
Last Post: Bear
  Dash cam on Android unit robk999 2 9,325 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:30:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,152 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera sheppy1 64 37,658 9:th-Jan-2019, 15:07:53
Last Post: Shorty5
  after market head init marky79 0 5,255 4:th-Nov-2018, 17:17:12
Last Post: marky79
  Where to find standard head units cubez0 9 7,582 18:th-Oct-2018, 17:55:45
Android Auto Install Marek 3 5,980 4:th-Aug-2018, 07:47:17
  What's the best dongle for a V5754 android head unit? johnboy999 11 8,576 12:th-May-2018, 20:36:07
Last Post: Alby75

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
Tylerrattv (3:rd-Nov-2023, 00:14:11), elliot472 (7:th-May-2023, 10:32:54), Andjeli1 (8:th-Apr-2023, 20:10:28), Lito4h (25:th-Nov-2023, 09:34:29), STHOP (7:th-Dec-2023, 11:07:24)