Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to remove visors how sun

How-to Remove Sun visors

How-to Remove Sun visors

The first thing you need to do is to remove the cover plate then undo 3 screws.

Once you've done that you need to give it a good pull downwards,

I couldn't get any pics of the wire as its in the roof lining but if drop the centre courtesy light that will help you find it How-to here

On mine there some tape and the wire for both lights is stuck to that.

How to remove the the Hook.

To remove the hook simply unclip the sun visor

using a small tool open the flap and then undo the screw and pull the hook out.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
well done
Hi,
Unfortunately I only came across this thread after I'd removed the visor. The problem I have is that when I removed the sun visor the wire automatically detached from its connector and came out along with the visor. Now I want to put the replacement visor in and I can't find the connection point as it's 'lost 'in the headliner.

I spoke with my local VX dealer and they've said I need to drop the whole head liner? Hope you can help.
Drop the light out and feel from that side.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...tesy-light
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks Rusty, I'll give it a go.
Finally got around to refitting it today, but what a pain. Dropping the centre light didn't really help as I still couldn't get enough access to figure out what the hell was going on up there. (I think they must have used a whole reel of tape on mine because it was a complete mess)
Anyway the connection was actually taped to the headliner up by the door sill? So in the end I just removed the grab handle (which will now be replaced by a sun gasses holder) dropped the roof lining on that side and plugged in the connector, stuffed it all back and screwed everything up nice and tight. lol
i need replacment sun visor in my insignia , what should i do ? i removed 3 screw but i have no idea what later ? can anybody help me? thank u
(13:th-Mar-2018, 19:51:54)zalesky Wrote: i need replacment sun visor in my insignia , what should i do ? i removed 3 screw but i have no idea what later ? can anybody help me? thank u

Give it a good pull.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
HI EVERYONE
Is there a way to upgrade from normal sun visors without light to sun visors with light? thanks
(8:th-Aug-2018, 16:16:47)Skemess Wrote: HI EVERYONE
Is there a way to upgrade from normal sun visors without light to sun visors with light? thanks

The wire is normally up in the head lining @sheppy1 retrofitted them

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...6#pid18626
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Aug-2018, 07:58:36)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(8:th-Aug-2018, 16:16:47)Skemess Wrote: HI EVERYONE

The wire is normally up in the head lining @sheppy1 retrofitted them

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...6#pid18626

Sorry for the late reply! Indeed the wire was just taped up inside the headliner

Plug and play job

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How-to Remove Airbag Steering Wheel & Buttons Rusty2009 49 42,920 9:th-Sep-2020, 00:40:49
Last Post: M222RJF
  How-to remove Instrument Cluster (IPC) Rusty2009 24 32,266 23:rd-Jul-2020, 11:21:25
Last Post: scrooge
  How to remove the center console & EPB switch tucpal 11 22,009 4:th-Feb-2019, 02:38:22
Last Post: DikoAJ
  How to remove air vent trim Rusty2009 10 16,051 25:th-Aug-2018, 14:20:50
Last Post: mikeb7900
  How to remove door cards Rusty2009 112 79,686 9:th-Aug-2018, 09:57:13
Last Post: DNT
  Howto remove glove box & Replace Pollen Cabin filter tucpal 43 44,920 18:th-Apr-2017, 05:33:21
Last Post: iphoneservice
  How-to Remove Door Trim Rusty2009 1 9,623 15:th-Mar-2015, 13:31:07
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (12:th-Apr-2023, 21:12:27), marktourino (30:th-Jun-2023, 22:21:48)