Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to cluster led instrument conversion how

How-to Instrument Cluster LED Conversion
hi to all,can sombody give me the link to white leds side mount for lcd ( total of 4 ) ,because i only found red blue and orange.thanks
(25:th-Dec-2017, 13:19:25)alenfrost Wrote: hi to all,can sombody give me the link to white leds side mount for lcd ( total of 4 ) ,because i only found red blue and orange.thanks

These are what I use I just turn them on their side

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-XENON-WHI...1438.l2649

or x10

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-BRIGHT-...7JaPJKTn9g
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(17:th-Mar-2015, 22:29:59)sheppy1 Wrote: Does anyone know if this would be possible if i added the LEDs mentioned in this tutorial to the areas circled in red in my photo?

Thanks

Added this info into the main how-to but thought I'd add it here too as this picture shows the LED's I'm talking about.

For Anybody who has the Black rings and you want to add the White rings for colour you will need a donor IPC to get the rings and dial sheet make sure this is a match for your's.

If you find you missing 4 LED's you can add these and use the donor IPC to get the resistors you need.

For LED D25 you need to take resistor R329
For LED D24 you need to take resistor R325
For LED D18 you need to take resistor R308
For LED D19 you need to take resistor R121
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Looks really great Rusty
Thanks for this how-to, Rusty! Quick question, though, which I'm sure will also be helpful for anyone else looking to change their display to white: the square side-view LEDs are very hard to find in white. Have you ever done one of these conversions with a rectangular side-view LED? There's plenty available, but I'm not sure how well they will light up the display as they're much lower-profile than their square counterparts. Thanks in advance.
Please ignore my previous post - I didn't see that there was a second page to this thread!
Hi all and greetings from Greece. I have a problem on my cluster with a 2011 insignia. (I think the cluster is the same) one smd on gas gauge sometimes fails. Will start ok and after a while it will turn of. Not always. Is chainging the smd going to fix the problem or is it something else? Thank you very much
(27:th-Sep-2019, 23:17:12)Tuscanigr Wrote: Hi all and greetings from Greece. I have a problem on my cluster with a 2011 insignia. (I think the cluster is the same)  one smd on gas gauge sometimes fails. Will start ok and after a while it will turn of. Not always. Is chainging the smd going to fix the problem or is it something else? Thank you very much

Sounds like it could be a dry or weak solder joint, so heating the joint and apply a little fresh solder should hopefully resolve the issue.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Already done that my friend but still nothing. I am going to change the smds and hopefully it will work. The strainge thing is that it will do it randomly. Maybe is the led going bad. Dont know if there is any update for the cluster that fixes the issue
Brilliant work Rusty2009 . Having some problems with speedo lights in my Insignia 2009, so am going to try your method. Hope, they Astra and Insignia use the same LED's  R
(8:th-Feb-2020, 14:35:07)dacho87 Wrote: Brilliant work Rusty2009 . Having some problems with speedo lights in my Insignia 2009, so am going to try your method. Hope, they Astra and Insignia use the same LED's  R

Yes same LEDs on insignia IPC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Is there any way to check LED's on the table. I know that pin 16 is GND and probably pin 32 is +12V, but maybe it needs positive voltage at the another pins?
(11:th-Feb-2020, 19:34:55)KonstantinPol Wrote: Is there any way to check LED's on the table. I know that pin 16 is GND and probably pin 32 is +12V, but maybe it needs positive voltage at the another pins?

IIRC there is another PIN but off the top of my head I can't remember it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Feb-2020, 19:34:55)KonstantinPol Wrote: Is there any way to check LED's on the table. I know that pin 16 is GND and probably pin 32 is +12V, but maybe it needs positive voltage at the another pins?

There is another pin but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Pins:

GND - 9, 11, 13, 16
+12V - 31, 32
CanH (?!) - 26, 27
Menu Button at steering whell - 28
Awesome. I have been looking for these information all over, and this is the only detailed IPC teardown I could find so far.
Thanks.
Hello,
Documentation of the 32-pin connector pins of the dashboard?
I want to mount an LED for fan motor operation, and go through the connector if a pin is unused.
Thank you !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater Panel LED Conversion cornishtaz 30 22,044 29:th-Oct-2017, 08:37:18
Last Post: umognog
  How-to Stereo and centre console LED conversion cornishtaz 4 11,683 2:nd-Aug-2016, 08:23:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Various switch LED conversion cornishtaz 15 17,692 6:th-May-2016, 21:05:01
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Steering wheel Switch Conversion Rusty2009 1 10,958 27:th-Jul-2015, 10:09:53
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
8 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (9:th-Apr-2024, 16:55:49), richardt (24:th-Feb-2024, 17:31:21), bill33 (29:th-Oct-2023, 09:14:29), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 19:00:33), exhippykev (19:th-Jul-2023, 20:16:04), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:40:51), Clarkie (12:th-Jan-2024, 20:38:36), iNeoTom (12:th-Mar-2024, 20:49:17)