Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
steering heated wheel vxr astra

Astra VXR heated steering wheel
Hi guys, I have a chance of a VXR heated steering wheel off a 2014 Astra which I'm looking to install in my 2011 Astra 1.7 Elite.
Now unfortunately the airbag is missing so does anyone know if I can simply swap the airbag from my Elite into the VXR steering wheel?
Also can the heated part of the steering wheel be connected to work?
Thanks in advance.
Yes air bag will fit, you will need to buy a new heater panel with the steering wheel on it, you won't find a 2nd hand panel your be looking at £150-200 for that.

Is it the wheel on eBay with the VXR badge missing?

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes that's the one Rusty.
I emailed the seller and they said the heated steering wheel would work when I activated the heated seats?
The heated steering wheel has a seperate button to the heated seats.
Seller sounds a bit lost.

You have an elite so you have heated seats as standard anyway and they don't need activating they are plug and play if retrofitted.

You will need a new heater panel the steering wheel will be bottom left button on an elite.

Iirc there is also another module for heated steering wheel, I will look tomorrow.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
This may help you.

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...lfunction/

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Here is an image of the control bottom left heated steering wheel button

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks for your helps guys I'll check this out tomorrow.
But the airbag will definitely fit?
Yes mate did it on mine.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers mate I was having a look at your progress thread there lol
Is the VXR steering wheel you fitted heated?
I would be really interested in learning more about the auto fold in mirrors as well?
No it's not heated they weren't coming up a few months ago.

I want one I was going to bid on the one on eBay but I'll leave that now I know a fellow member is after it.

Autofold A20DTH mate sales the module a bit fiddly to do requires soldering on the mirror switch.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Did you win it mate whoever did got a bargain.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
god that did sell cheep
Not me guys I paid £150 for mine.
Rusty2009 Wrote:Here is an image of the control bottom left heated steering wheel button

Rusty, when I enquired about buying the heater panel you have pictured above, Vauxhall checked their system and it says if I buy a panel with a heated steering wheel button, it comes without heated seat buttons as the VXR doesn't have them!
Any ideas, where did you find that picture?
i have that controller with the heated seats and steering wheel
i will pop a pic up later on
You don't have climate thou Tucpal?

Is the one I pictured the one you need?

I will get the the part number later.

The reason they say they don't do it is because they think you want it for a VXR

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I did explain what it was for but when they showed me the parts on screen there were only 3 options.
1 - Panel for heated seats, heated steering wheel & air con (excluding climate control).
2 - Panel for heated seats & climate control (excluding heated steering wheel).
3 - Panel for heated steering wheel & air con / climate control (excluding heated seats).
As I already have heated seats and climate control, there was no option available with the heated steering wheel button included.
I was informed this option is not available as a VXR has recaro seats and they are not heated.
Yeah they were looking at VXR only

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Can you not switch out the panel and have manual heating/air con?
there's two mate,

13360109 CONTROL, ASSY., HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONING, BLACK (FOR CLIMATE CONTROL) (FOR HEATED FRONT SEATS) (FOR STEERING WHEEL HEATING) (PRODUCTION NO. 13359128) £170.59
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/133601...nditi.aspx

or

(13346102) CONTROL, ASSY., HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONING, BLACK (FOR CLIMATE CONTROL) (FOR HEATED FRONT SEATS) (FOR STEERING WHEEL HEATING) (NLS.- USE 13343709) (PRODUCTION NO. 13344947) £162.82
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/133461...nditi.aspx
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Wow thanks mate I'll chin them next week about this!
Was this plug and play on your car in the end or did you have to get anything else apart from wheel and heater controller

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
(9:th-Mar-2019, 14:56:05)JohnL Wrote: Was this plug and play on your car in the end or did you have to get anything else apart from wheel and heater controller

Will most likely need the suib too mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Mar-2019, 18:42:47)Rusty2009 Wrote: Will most likely need the suib too mate.

Excuse the daft question but what's a suib?

thats a typo
I think he means Squib - the wiring bit behind the steering wheel
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(9:th-Mar-2019, 21:20:56)niteram Wrote: thats a typo
I think he means Squib - the wiring bit behind the steering wheel

Yes I missed the Q 
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,425 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 7,827 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Steering wheel angle, esp, power Steering smoky-jr 3 2,478 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:23:26
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,139 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,697 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,722 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 1,833 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 1,985 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,280 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,659 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
no_name (21:st-Feb-2024, 17:01:16), Cozzer1990 (13:th-Mar-2024, 19:28:47), Farkask14 (25:th-May-2023, 17:27:27), Emil_Alexandru_Barb (18:th-Mar-2024, 10:52:04)