Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
wiring bar tow

tow bar wiring
If you have decided to go the bypass way... i'll buy the loom off you, as my tow bar i bought is missing the plugs for the interface, and i can only seem to buy them in multiples of 5 from RS components, one is available at mouser for 3 quid, but 12 quid postage!!

Or if anyone else has the loom they can sell me... i need the 18 way plug and the 3 way plug that goes into the trailer interface module, the weird round with flats 12 way connector that goes to the 13 pin tow socket would be handy too.. but i can change the connector on that if needs be.
I may have a loom here but it's missing some wires (brought it off someone else but cba to add the missing parking sensor wires as plugs are not easy to source).

I'll try and have a look later for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
cheers mate,
it's just the plugs i need really, i can make the loom up as i have loads of wire, and can solder to the terminals to re-use them (i should be able to solder them without burning things
I've found an 18 way quadlock plug at a scrapyard... some astra's have them hanging near the REC with a single green wire in them.. had to shave 2 of the locating lugs off to make it fit in the TIM... 
they use the same terminals as used in the stereo, indicator switch and other plugs i believe, so i've ordered a reel of 100 of the terminals from RS.

I can't get the 3 pin (2 pins used used) plug that supplies power to the TIM in quantities less than 5, the terminals are sold in 10's, thats something i guess, but i only need 2, and i imagine those plugs and terminals are not used anywhere else in the car.

But i just can not find that round one that connects to the 13 pin socket loom:

None of the vauxhalls at the scrap yard had factory fitted towbars, so universal bypass relays in all of them.

Is this the correct way round for the main power cable?? i.e. live to the left? 

i've modified a plug to fit, got the proper terminals and crimped them to some new wires,  but i am not 100% i've got the polarity right, 

GlobalTis shows the plug, it's really a 3 way, and has live on pin 3, earth on pin 1, 
the TIM has 1 and 2 on the terminals down the socket.. so i've assumed 1 in earth, but if im wrong i blow the module
oh yeah, i got the 12 pin plug too... but it's only got 10 pins in it :( i need to source one more pin.. as the meriva used 11 of them... might see if i can get them off RS, so i can crimp in new ones for all except the 2 large power ones
(17:th-Oct-2014, 19:47:23)Rusty2009 Wrote: Dicko I have aftermarket towbar with bypass and there is no problems whatsoever.

i can get pics you but will have to to wait till Sunday / Monday, I'll look for all the other bits but again will be Sunday / Monday.

i was going to get a Vauxhall towbar with electrics and modules was on eBay for £75 a few months back but left it as I didn't have the pins in the fuse board.

could you tell me what pins to check for,   i need a towbar for my caravan , im just about to order a kit with dedicated wiring rather than a bypass  from pf jones

unless of course their kit uses different live supply rather than fuse box supply
(5:th-Oct-2020, 17:11:58)Collie Wrote:
(17:th-Oct-2014, 19:47:23)Rusty2009 Wrote: Dicko I have aftermarket towbar with bypass and there is no problems whatsoever.

i can get pics you but will have to to wait till Sunday / Monday, I'll look for all the other bits but again will be Sunday / Monday.

i was going to get a Vauxhall towbar with electrics and modules was on eBay for £75 a few months back but left it as I didn't have the pins in the fuse board.

could you tell me what pins to check for,   i need a towbar for my caravan , im just about to order a kit with dedicated wiring rather than a bypass  from pf jones

unless of course their kit uses different live supply rather than fuse box supply

You would need to speak with PF Jones as I don't know how there kit wires up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front PDC Wiring leeso 1 1,918 15:th-Jan-2020, 19:43:02
Last Post: Rusty2009
QuickHeat & wiring W.I.P. Lansa 0 2,506 24:th-Feb-2019, 17:51:30
Last Post: Lansa
  Astra J Instrument Cluster 32pin wiring diagram Milo629 0 5,390 22:nd-Jan-2019, 14:55:13
Last Post: Milo629
  Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) gazz292 3 5,833 7:th-Feb-2018, 12:55:15
Last Post: gazz292
  Navi 900 to I-link/MyLink 950 Wiring diagram Tylerrattv 7 6,924 8:th-Sep-2017, 15:50:06
Last Post: Jpbroad1970

Who read this thread?
7 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (28:th-Mar-2024, 18:49:15), johndoe.24 (30:th-Sep-2023, 18:11:04), KKEVANSKK (19:th-Jun-2023, 11:21:13), milozic (21:st-Sep-2023, 19:13:06), livo (11:th-May-2023, 17:06:12), greg848484 (15:th-Jun-2023, 07:26:37), Jnny (8:th-Oct-2023, 22:08:31)