Switch to desktop version  
Hill active assist - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Hill active assist (/showthread.php?tid=910)

Hill active assist - Lewis6317 - 8:th-Sep-2014

Does anyone know how i can see if this os working?
I used to get a message on my dash when parking on my drive that is on but now i don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hill active assist - Rusty2009 - 8:th-Sep-2014

I've never had a message come up but know it works

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

Hill active assist - Lewis6317 - 8:th-Sep-2014

You wouldnt as its only on astra with an electric parking break :-)

Hill active assist - Cameron UK - 8:th-Sep-2014

Mine doesn't bring up a message

Hill active assist - cornishtaz - 8:th-Sep-2014

Hill start assist doesn't require the car go to have EPB

Hill Start Assist

The hill start assist allows the driver to launch his vehicle without a roll back while he is moving his foot from the brake pedal to the*accelerator*pedal. The EBCM calculates the brake pressure, which is needed to hold the vehicle on an incline and locks that pressure for a certain time by commanding the appropriate*solenoid*valves ON and OFF when the brake pedal is released. Hill start assist is activated when the EBCM determines that the driver wishes to move his vehicle up-hill, either backwards or forwards.

The following inputs are used for hill start assist feature:

•*Brake switch
•*Brake pressure
•*Longitudinal acceleration
•*Engine torque
•*Reverse gear information
•*Clutch switch
•*Accelerator*pedal position
•*Vehicle speed

Hill active assist - tucpal - 8:th-Sep-2014

my car brings the message up every time i apply the EPB on any slope
park on a hill apply the EPB then release the brake then the hill start should hold you
for a few moments as you pull off
the message should appear as you apply the brake

Hill active assist - Lewis6317 - 9:th-Sep-2014

Thanks guys i will give it a try, as its going vx tomorrow want to make sure it deffo not working. As carshop will not be paying the bill

Hill active assist - Rusty2009 - 9:th-Sep-2014

Find a step hill to test it on, As said Sunday I find to get mine to work I have to Push the pedal down hard.

No its defo not working :-/

If its not working shouldn't i get an maintenance light up?

Hill active assist - JohnL - 9:th-Sep-2014

Never had a light on either the Elite or the VXR to say that Hill assist was active. But saying that reading the manual your meant to have a light to tell you Auto wipers are active etc. I think it's just down to it you have the on board computer or not.

There is nothing more on HSA other than what Corinshtaz has posted I had a quick look on the net and all I'm getting is HSA is only for vehicles with EPB (Which is complete rubbish as I have a manual hand brake and I have HSA).

John I noticed that too about auto wipers and also DRL's I asked the dealership (I take what they say with a pinch of salt) but they said I won't have the lights on the dash as I have the message popup in the IPC.

Hill active assist - cornishtaz - 9:th-Sep-2014

My wifes 13 plate Mokka has HSA with manual H/brake and that comes up with a message

Hill active assist - JohnL - 9:th-Sep-2014

The brother in laws Astra has HSA with a manual handbrake.

Rusty my Elite did have the light to say the DRL's were active but nothing for the other features.

It's annoying hopefully once I got the xenon's I might get some new lights on the dash

The drl light would be nice to have on the dash... Ok i think i rebook it for next month when i get it serviced ....