Switch to desktop version  
Not seen this before - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Not seen this before (/showthread.php?tid=639)

Not seen this before - Cameron UK - 28:th-Jun-2014

If you look at the picture of the steering wheel on the eBay listing, then look at the little screen it looks like it's got rear seat belt sensors?!? Mine only beeps for the front 2, anyone else got this??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251573127789

Not seen this before - JohnL - 28:th-Jun-2014

My elite had it. I believe it was removed on my11 models.

Not seen this before - Cameron UK - 28:th-Jun-2014

JohnL Wrote:My elite had it. I believe it was removed on my11 models.

I had a 10 plate Sri 5 door back in 2011 and that didn't have it, might just be the early elite models

Not seen this before - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Jun-2014

Deffo not on my12 elite, wish it was my eldest loves undoing his seatbelt.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

Not seen this before - JohnL - 29:th-Jun-2014

It's not on my dad's 60 plate elite either thinking about it. His was a very late 60 plate 1 week of been an 11 plate

Not seen this before - Rusty2009 - 29:th-Jun-2014

JohnL Wrote:It's not on my dad's 60 plate elite either thinking about it. His was a very late 60 plate 1 week of been an 11 plate

I bet the its My11 or even My11.5.

My 62 plate is a MY13 yet it was made before I even ordered the car in June 2012.

Not seen this before - Cameron UK - 29:th-Jun-2014

Rusty2009 Wrote:I bet the its My11 or even My11.5.

My 62 plate is a MY13 yet it was made before I even ordered the car in June 2012.

can you post a link to that site that gives you all the spec of your car and details of when it was made and what options were chosen

Cameron UK Wrote:can you post a link to that site that gives you all the spec of your car and details of when it was made and what options were chosen

No I can't I get all the info when I plug the MDI on mate, or you can get it from EPC your's is a MY12

Just looking on TIS and found this

Quote:All three rear seat belt switches are 2-wire switch wired to the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) using a signal circuit and a low reference circuit. When the seat belt is unbuckled the switch is closed, and when the seat belt is buckled the switch is open. The SDM sends the status of the rear seat belt via serial data to the driver information centre. After receiving the message, the driver information centre controls the illumination of the driver seat belt indicator.

I've got all the info to see whats fitted in the car.

There is an RPO code

UH5 = INDICATOR - SEAT BELT WARNING, REAR SEAT

Not seen this before - cornishtaz - 29:th-Jun-2014

Surely for this to work similar to the front seats you need a occupancy switch or the indicator would be on all the time.

From What I can tell looking at the wiring there is only a detection sensor on the passenger front seat, then the rear seats are are linked into that.
The only problem I'm having is getting the K36 Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module X2 Pin out as it's not listed in my free TIS version.

I've just got the K36 x2 from my other offline version of TIS.

Not seen this before - Cameron UK - 29:th-Jun-2014

I used a site before which told me everything about my car like if it had a spare tyre or puncture repair and stuff, you put your VIN in it

Cameron UK Wrote:I used a site before which told me everything about my car like if it had a spare tyre or puncture repair and stuff, you put your VIN in it

Your have to find it again then as the only things I know of are EPC and MDI.

There was an online version of EPC a little while ago but getting to work was a pain.

Not seen this before - JohnL - 29:th-Jun-2014

From what I remember the rears don't care if the seat is occupied. The display just showed if the belts are undone/fastened. Once connected it would chime if they got unplugged

Not seen this before - tucpal - 29:th-Jun-2014

there were active head restraints in the rear also on some early models
may be if you opted for them you also got the sensors on the seat belts ?

I've found the part numbers for the seat belt buckles

13299307 BUCKLE, ASSY., SEAT BELT, LH (TWIN) (FOR SEAT BELT WARNING) (PRODUCTION NO. 13283358) Price from Autovaux £55.30
13299308 BUCKLE, ASSY., SEAT BELT, RH (SINGLE) (FOR SEAT BELT WARNING) (PRODUCTION NO. 13283359) Price from Autovaux £55.30

Not seen this before - Gatch - 29:th-Jun-2014

My zafira tourer is the same as johnl said. Lights up on dash for 5 rear seats, only detects if belts are buckled & chimes if buckled then unbuckled while driving. My gtc Sri has nothing at all on rear seats.