Switch to desktop version  
insurance - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: insurance (/showthread.php?tid=486)

insurance - n1ibor - 22:nd-May-2014

i got my bill today, so i'm 2000€ poorer :(
i do have a great car though

insurance - Cameron UK - 22:nd-May-2014

Wow! How old are you? How long u been driving? Any accidents?

insurance - Rusty2009 - 22:nd-May-2014

Mine was £400 fully comp with 7yrs NCB. Yet the wife was £398.95 fully comp with 1yr NCB work that out.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

insurance - Cameron UK - 23:rd-May-2014

Mine is £600 for 2 people, my mate has had 3 crashes in the last 2 years!! All my mates pay £1500+ with loads of no claims

insurance - tucpal - 23:rd-May-2014

£325 for me and the wife both fully comp

insurance - Kevin - 23:rd-May-2014

I was only £230 fully comp. That is with a zero claims history and also zero NCB. My full no claims bonus is used on my micra for teaching in.

Insurance is a very strange one. I have done a quote with same details of the astra, but on my micra. The micra is more expensive! Micra is 9 years old and exactly half the horses under the hood than the astra, the astra is just over a year old.

Best way for cheaper insurance is, have a newer car, add a 2nd driver, (assuming they have a clean record etc) and shop around. Best laugh I had with insurance was with my mx-5 last year. Swiftcover wanted £232, so since they are axa, thought I'd try them direct. The webform etc is identical, and as suspected, the prices were different. It looked like the results had put the point in the wrong place, £2300.00!!!!!!!!! Work that one out. I used to have a screen shot as I was that taken aback.

I'm just coming up for the big 40 with higher risk than some due to being a mechanic (why is that a high risk?!?!?)

MECHANIC HIGH RISK

insurance - JohnL - 23:rd-May-2014

Mine is currently £540 fully comp. The main thing working against me getting cheap insurance is the postcode. I had a renewal quote for the Elite before I signed the order form for the VXR and it came in at £1200 so I tried a quote for the VXR and it came in at £600. anyway got it down cheaper this time around by sticking my dad as a named driver.

insurance - Cameron UK - 23:rd-May-2014

i was on comparison websites and they were saying £1500+ then i went to admiral direct and got it at a third of the price!!!

i hate comparison sites like confused.com etc get a quote says one price
phone up using the reference and the price doubles instantly there nothing but a con.

insurance - Rusty2009 - 23:rd-May-2014

I always find comparison site come in cheaper than going direct. But I've also noticed that the time of year effects the policy price as-well.

What really gets me is the fact that if your rent your home your more likely to be involved an accident, yet some insurers don't penalize you for renting.

like said above if you are a normal person on an average wage and have an average job you pay top dollar
but if you are well off and have a good profession its cheap as chips

insurance - n1ibor - 23:rd-May-2014

20 years old and i've been driving for 2,5 years, no crashes no tickets, nothing. I do have full omnium, so if i wreck my car (even if i'm not in my right (i.e: i run a red light and crash into a car)) i get 26.500 € from the insurance.
I went to 6 different places, prices ranging from 2000 to 3500

btw, what is NCB?

i thought they treated us bad over here but 26.500 wow
NCB no claims discount, if you do not have a crash etc they discount it every year

insurance - Rusty2009 - 23:rd-May-2014

NCB is NO CLAIMS BONUS.

insurance - n1ibor - 23:rd-May-2014

tucpal Wrote:i thought they treated us bad over here but 26.500 wow
NCB no claims discount, if you do not have a crash etc they discount it every year

thats the price whitout discount, i only paid 21.500 (or about 18 000 pounds i think)
and yes, next year it'll be cheaper