Switch to desktop version  
2 days and already an issue..... - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 2 days and already an issue..... (/showthread.php?tid=4770)

2 days and already an issue..... - MrCrunchy - 13:th-Sep-2020

Hey all. Picked up my car on Friday, no issues at all.
Took her for a drive today and went to put air con on, realised the whole heater/air con/heated seat panel isn't working! Seems there's red light illuminating the temp dials if I push on them but nothing on the panel is working. Was working when I picked the car up, have no idea why that panel would suddenly stop working. The stereo is working fine and so are the aux and lighter socket as far as I can tell.

Anyone had this happen before? Rather not have to take it back to dealer if its something real simple im missing here.

Thanks in advance

RE: 2 days and already an issue..... - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Sep-2020

It could be having a hiss fit, best thing is pull the negative off the battery for 60mins (DON'T LOCK the car). this will allow all systems to fully shut down.

If that doesn't fix it the panel it's slef could be faulty or the HVAC module.

RE: 2 days and already an issue..... - MrCrunchy - 14:th-Sep-2020

Got in it this morning and was working fine, everything back to normal. Stopped for a coffee on way home and when I started car again it had stopped working but only for a minute or so then came back on again!?!

Appreciate the advice, will keep an eye on it and if it persists will be back to the dealer. Hopefully just a little hiss fit as you say and all will be well from now on. Loving the car other than that minor thing and dont need the hassle of taking back to them.

Cheers

2 days and already an issue..... - umognog - 17:th-Sep-2020

From your update, this is intermittent which is less if a hiss fit thing.

Initially, the concern is simply a loose or fragile connection between the panel and the loom. take it back to the dealer to ask them to check it: if you go pulling it off yourself, whilst you ought not to damage it doing so, it's what your dealer needs to deny responsibility.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RE: 2 days and already an issue..... - MrCrunchy - 18:th-Sep-2020

Hoping I've found the issue.

I got myself a cheap Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the aux input, was dubious of how good it would be for £15 odd but it works great!! Thought maybe that could be what was causing my problems so I simply unplugged it after every trip rather than just switch it off and leave plugged in. Not had any issues since I started doing this so I'm hoping this was causing some problem with the panel above it when car started with it plugged in?!?

Does this sound like a plausible cause? If so its no bother to just unplugged every time, if its not a possibility and its just a coincidence its stopped now its probably best to take it in for them to check in case it starts happening again

Thanks for the advice

2 days and already an issue..... - umognog - 18:th-Sep-2020

How are you plugging in the USB part? Is it via the VX usb (if you have it) or via a 12v socket adapter?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RE: 2 days and already an issue..... - MrCrunchy - 18:th-Sep-2020

There's no USB part its just a little rechargeable dongle that goes in the aux

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Receiver-TaoTronics-Microphone-Streaming-Black/dp/B00Y29NXEA/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=aux+bluetooth+receiver&qid=1600450313&sprefix=aux+bl&sr=8-10

The car doesn't have USB and phone doesn't have headphone jack so if I used a USB to AUX cable to connect to car I wouldn't be able to charge at same time so thought I'd try one of these. Its really good, call quality is great both ends and audio quality from files in phone and Spotify perfect too