Switch to desktop version  
Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance (/showthread.php?tid=4760)

Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - M222RJF - 8:th-Sep-2020

Hi everyone,

Going to take the plunge for my first remap on a car.

Wanted to stick to either Rabbid or Courtney remap.

Spoke to them all and have decided to go for a Rabbid tune (now the tuning society).

They have outsources thier software to many companies.

WG in Kent and Wayside in Coventry.

Seems as Wayside is nearest I have decided to go with them! (Chirs)

£349 in total if anyone wants to get it done.

Just wondering if anyone has every had it done on the A20 DTH on the forum??

Stage 2 got mentioned stuff to do with DPF removal. - is this legal?

Anyways any info gimme a reply!

Cheers

@thewhiteastra 

add me on insta!

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - paula9568 - 8:th-Sep-2020

did they how they will map it,take the ecu out and map it or what

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - M222RJF - 8:th-Sep-2020

(8:th-Sep-2020, 22:58:03)paula9568 Wrote: did they how they will map it,take the ecu out and map it or what

I think this engine the ecu has to come out as OBD is blocked.

Put on dyno before and after mapping.

200bhp from 165bhp.

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - Rusty2009 - 9:th-Sep-2020

The ECU in the 2.0cdti is locked has to be done on the bench, but it can be done without opening it depending on the tools the mapper has.

I had my 2.0cdti remapped paid a lot for it with DPF & EGR delete.

I had nothing but issues the guy who did wouldn't accept it was the map causing the issue even after proving it was the map kept saying it was my car and was replacing parts without asking then billing me.

I told him I wanted my money back & he refused ended up taking him to court took over a year to get all the money back.

Thankfully I had a 2nd ECU and I got a gutted DPF off ebay so was able to revert to stock.

I do want a remap again but I'm very wary of getting one due to past experience.

I did approach Courtney but they won't do DPF & EGR delete.

It would deffo have to be done on a rolling road this time.

But I see where your going is just up the road from me.

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - M222RJF - 9:th-Sep-2020

(9:th-Sep-2020, 10:35:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: The ECU in the 2.0cdti is locked has to be done on the bench, but it can be done without opening it depending on the tools the mapper has.

I had my 2.0cdti remapped paid a lot for it with DPF & EGR delete.

I had nothing but issues the guy who did wouldn't accept it was the map causing the issue even after proving it was the map kept saying it was my car and was replacing parts without asking then billing me.

I told him I wanted my money back & he refused ended up taking him to court took over a year to get all the money back.

Thankfully I had a 2nd ECU and I got a gutted DPF off ebay so was able to revert to stock.

I do want a remap again but I'm very wary of getting one due to past experience.

I did approach Courtney but they won't do DPF & EGR delete.

It would deffo have to be done on a rolling road this time.

But I see where your going is just up the road from me.

Rabbit Tuned - now The Tuning Society have gave their software out to a number of places Wayside being one of them.

Dyno Dynamics rolling road. ECU out etc proper job!

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - paula9568 - 9:th-Sep-2020

teapot is the man you want to talk to he does alot with 1.9 engine,he did mine on my vectra,but he says he can do the 2.0 .he is the only person i would trust

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - M222RJF - 9:th-Sep-2020

(9:th-Sep-2020, 22:46:54)paula9568 Wrote: teapot is the man you want to talk to he does alot with 1.9  engine,he did mine on my vectra,but he says he can do the 2.0 .he is the only person i would trust

Yeh friend of mine says Teapot. Not sure if he does rolling road though?

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - paula9568 - 10:th-Sep-2020

no he dosent but he has a very high respeck in the vectra and astra h forums

RE: Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance - badger64 - 11:th-Sep-2020

i bought one of these
https://tdi-tuning.com/en-gb/car/vauxhall/astra/j-20-cdti-163-bhp-165-ps-121-kw-350-nm-258-lbft/crtd4-twin-channel-diesel-tuning-box-chip .
i havn't had any problems with the car and been getting an indicated 63 mpg so probably around 59/60. been running it on the top power level although i dont drive it that hard it is just to have the torque and power when i need it. its a dodle to fit and remove when need to.