Switch to desktop version  
Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning (/showthread.php?tid=4707)

Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - mp21 - 24:th-Jul-2020

Replaced both blown bulbs this morning and are working fine but the "Check Number Plate Lamp" error is still coming on when ignition turned on. Any ideas?

Cheers

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Rusty2009 - 25:th-Jul-2020

Sometimes it can take a few starts before it goes away as the BCM has the error stored in memory.

if you replaced them with LED bulbs you will get the error.

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - mp21 - 25:th-Jul-2020

Cheers for your reply, Rusty, I actually sorted it out. Just in case anyone else comes across this it was due to the wrong bulbs. I used 504 (12V 3W) instead of 501 (12V 5W). Even though the bulbs were both working they weren't drawing enough power and so the management system thought they weren't working.

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Rusty2009 - 25:th-Jul-2020

Glad you sorted it.

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Galway11 - 18:th-Oct-2020

Replaced both bulbs with 501's 3 days ago & lights are both working yet error is still coming up on the dash check number plate light ?
Is there any way I can reset?

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Rusty2009 - 19:th-Oct-2020

(18:th-Oct-2020, 19:10:07)Galway11 Wrote: Replaced both bulbs with 501's 3 days ago & lights are both working yet error is still coming up on the dash  check number plate light ?

Did you replace them with halogen bulbs or LED bulbs?

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Galway11 - 22:nd-Oct-2020

(18:th-Oct-2020, 19:10:07)Galway11 Wrote: Replaced both bulbs with 501's 3 days ago & lights are both working yet error is still coming up on the dash  check number plate light ?

no replaced like for like .... 501 osram halogen

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Rusty2009 - 24:th-Oct-2020

That is very strange then, a couple things you can try.

1. Make sure the contacts are clean and holding the bulb tightly.
2. Remove the battery negative for 1hr+ this will allow all systems to fully shut and reboot once reconnected (which can sometimes solve these errors).

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Big Dave2 - 26:th-Oct-2020

(22:nd-Oct-2020, 19:51:25)Galway11 Wrote:

no replaced like for like .... 501 osram halogen

Did you use the correct wattage bulbs? I had some 501's kicking about in my garage but they were only something like 2 watts, and thus I still got the bulb fail warning when I fitted them. IIRC they need to be 5 watt 501's.

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - MarkAP68 - 27:th-Oct-2020

I had a similar problem with a front side light when I had an Astra twintop a few years ago, it only seemed to happen this time of year and found out it was condensation on the connectors

RE: Check Number Plate Lamp Warning - Galway11 - 10:th-Nov-2020

Cheers. Problem resolved by taking negative terminal for 1 hr