Switch to desktop version  
Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Retrofit Research (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit (/showthread.php?tid=4678)

Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - kalum0101 - 24:th-Jun-2020

Good Morning

Just picked up a used 2014 astra design as I am quickly outgrowing my 09 fiesta and was just wondering how easy it would be to add automatic headlights and bluetooth to the astra, as these are things I am accustom to having on the fiesta. I have the Navi 650 and when I attempt to use the bluetooth, it just says 'Not available'.

Thank You

RE: Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - niteram - 25:th-Jun-2020

As far as I know Bluetooth is fairly easy to do, adding the correct module, wiring and then having it programmed to work,
Auto lights (if possible) could be a bit more involved - sensor, switch and wiring etc etc
I'm sure Rusty will be along soon to give you more detailed response

RE: Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - Rusty2009 - 26:th-Jun-2020

As Niteram has said BT pretty easy loom module program radio.

Auto lights and wipers can again be done would need to see what wiring is already present in the car, the is the light switch & windscreen sensor needed, now there's a couple of ways of doing it a new screen on tint and bonding things onto the windscreen. Then there is programming needed.

RE: Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - kalum0101 - 12:th-Jul-2020

Thank You for the info.

It's a Design 1.6 diesel model, if that helps at all. I'm don't know much about vauxhall cars as I am more of a Ford person, but thought I would try something different and I am liking it so far. I was looking into replacing the Navi 650 with a 950 for bluetooth audio streaming and possibly a rear camera fit as well. I've looked at your website Rusty and seen that you help out with a lot of these retrofits, and I don't mind a holiday down to Bournemouth needs be. I am just a bit clueless on where to start, what parts i'd need and how I would get a hold of them.

Basically i'm thinking Bluetooth, rear camera, DAB, auto lights / wipers, LED conversion kit and power-fold mirrors. This is all stuff I am accustom to having on my old Fiesta titanium. Would this be something you'd be able to help me out with?

RE: Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - Rusty2009 - 12:th-Jul-2020

The fords aren't bad I was impressed with the Mrs fiesta (she has now got her Mokka).

In terms of the retrofits yes all possible and parts can be got from Ebay or sourced from GPS autovaux etc.

In terms of Navi as you have a 650 all you will need is the main radio box.

PM me with your reg I can get a full list parts needed and prices for the work.

RE: Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit - kalum0101 - 2:nd-Aug-2020

I have sent you a PM, i think i did it a few weeks back but I haven't had chance to check for a bit.