Switch to desktop version  
'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display (/showthread.php?tid=4647)

'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Loddy Jeff - 21:st-May-2020

Can anyone give me some advice on this please? 

I've had this 1.6 CDTI 2014 for 4 years (67K), always done my own servicing, including resetting oil service life indicator, but never had this 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning come up on the Multi-Function Display before, a horizontal spanner in the middle of the image of a car.   Admittedly the service was delayed and quite late this year due to Covid.

I have had issues with the Intake Air Temperature sensor of recent triggering an engine MIL warning light on, but this appears to be sorted now, having erased DTC (P0111) and it not having reappeared.

But after a couple of journeys, the 'SVS' is still showing!  I've checked on my 'Streetwize Car Scan' box to see if I can reset anything, but can’t see anything.  Anyone got any ideas??   Cheers, Jeff.

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Rusty2009 - 21:st-May-2020

Need to get a proper reader on it and find the error codes, it could be anything.

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - everson38 - 21:st-May-2020

(21:st-May-2020, 17:44:09)Loddy Jeff Wrote: Can anyone give me some advice on this please? 

I've had this 1.6 CDTI 2014 for 4 years (67K), always done my own servicing, including resetting oil service life indicator, but never had this 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning come up on the Multi-Function Display before, a horizontal spanner in the middle of the image of a car.   Admittedly the service was delayed and quite late this year due to Covid.

I have had issues with the Intake Air Temperature sensor of recent triggering an engine MIL warning light on, but this appears to be sorted now, having erased DTC (P0111) and it not having reappeared.

But after a couple of journeys, the 'SVS' is still showing!  I've checked on my 'Streetwize Car Scan' box to see if I can reset anything, but can’t see anything.  Anyone got any ideas??   Cheers, Jeff.
Yeah it would be nothing but guessing without the codes being read. And if people kept guessing could cost you more in long run.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Loddy Jeff - 23:rd-May-2020

OK, thanks guys, appreciate you feedback.  

Does anyone know of a code reader that would reach the manufacturers DTC for a reasonable price?  

My old Astra G had a blink code facility on it - press two pedals, turn ignition on and MIL blinked a code - is there anything like this with J's?

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Kiel0777 - 23:rd-May-2020

Opcom is probably the best budget reader

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Arkanggel10 - 11:th-Oct-2020

does opcom read Service vehicle soon codes on a J?

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - skile86 - 11:th-Oct-2020

I think yes.

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Rusty2009 - 11:th-Oct-2020

Yes it does

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Arkanggel10 - 11:th-Oct-2020

i thought i have read somewhere that opcom only work until astra H

I have mine J 2.0 165cv with the service vehicle soon message on screen, i have bought from amazon autel 519 but it shows no codes.

i guess i will buy opcom then if u guys say it works.

i saw on amazon version 1.95 and 1.99, both works with J's?

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Collie - 11:th-Oct-2020

(11:th-Oct-2020, 13:14:54)Arkanggel10 Wrote: i thought i have read somewhere that opcom only work until astra H

I have mine J 2.0 165cv with the service vehicle soon message on screen, i have bought from amazon autel 519 but it shows no codes.

i guess i will buy opcom then if u guys say it works.

i saw on amazon version 1.95 and 1.99, both works with J's?

https://www.op-com.co.uk/

buy it direct pal

RE: 'Service Vehicle Soon' on display - Big Dave2 - 12:th-Oct-2020

My Opcom thinks my 2.0CDTi Astra-J is a Vauxhall VX220 speedster if I let it auto detect the car.

I just select the model manually .