Switch to desktop version  
Changed my wheels - what you think? - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Changed my wheels - what you think? (/showthread.php?tid=4586)

Changed my wheels - what you think? - Vx-Mad-G - 23:rd-Mar-2020

So, a few weeks, maybe a coupe of months, ago I posted THIS message about a set of wheels I bought.

You guys advised they were off an Astra Bi-Turbo.

I really liked the look of these and they were practically mint. So I fancied a change so decided to upgrade.

My car is an Elite, I never every liked the original wheels anyway, so last year I changed them to the SRI Facelift Turbine style wheels.

But now that these have come across, I really like them. These are also slightly bigger, 18" so fill the arches really nice.

Whats your thoughts?

Pictures are after giving the car a proper clean yesterday.

Thanks.

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Rusty2009 - 29:th-Mar-2020

Looking very nice indeed mate.

Is that a bit of dirt or paint missing off the rear wheel arch where it meets the bumper?

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Vx-Mad-G - 30:th-Mar-2020

(29:th-Mar-2020, 08:27:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking very nice indeed mate.

Is that a bit of dirt or paint missing off the rear wheel arch where it meets the bumper?

Thanks.

Its a spot of paint chipped off, been meaning to touch it up, just never got round to it.

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Rusty2009 - 5:th-Apr-2020

(30:th-Mar-2020, 09:46:18)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:

Thanks.

Its a spot of paint chipped off, been meaning to touch it up, just never got round to it.

Plenty of time now we are in lock down, my car is in bits all over the garage.

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Vx-Mad-G - 6:th-Apr-2020

(5:th-Apr-2020, 08:25:04)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(30:th-Mar-2020, 09:46:18)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:

Thanks.

Plenty of time now we are in lock down, my car is in bits all over the garage.

On the back of your comment, I have ordered a touch up. Been looking at that for the last 2 years, annoys me every time I look at it. Now I will put it right :-).

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Rusty2009 - 6:th-Apr-2020

Always something you find niggles at you & it's normally something that is a 5-min fix but just can't find the time to do.

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Vx-Mad-G - 6:th-Apr-2020

(6:th-Apr-2020, 13:03:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: Always something you find niggles at you & it's normally something that is a 5-min fix but just can't find the time to do.

Exactly that mate.

I also need to fix that annoying heated seat thing on the drivers seat, where it just stops working. Also getting a really irritating aqueaky rattle from glove box area.

I guess nows the time..

Any pointers?

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Rusty2009 - 10:th-Apr-2020

Heated seat personally would just put up with it as it'll only go again.

Glove-box there isn't really much in that area to squeak, things to look at would be the side trim on the end and there is flap under the glovebox.

Have you fitted anything behind the box the pollen filter is there that has a flappy lid.

RE: Changed my wheels - what you think? - Vx-Mad-G - 14:th-Apr-2020

(10:th-Apr-2020, 07:36:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: Heated seat personally would just put up with it as it'll only go again.

Glove-box there isn't really much in that area to squeak, things to look at would be the side trim on the end and there is flap under the glovebox.

Have you fitted anything behind the box the pollen filter is there that has a flappy lid.

Not changed pollen filter myself, other tha when Vx have probably changed it at a service.

I will empty out the contents and see what gives.