Switch to desktop version  
No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors (/showthread.php?tid=4558)

No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors - mpotsb - 21:st-Feb-2020

Wondering if anyone can help.

I had some work done recently to replace the passenger side wing mirror and glass on drivers side door, resultant of my GTC being vandalised. 

The issue I have (and have pointed out to the repairers when I picked the vehicle up from), is that I no longer have indicator, seat belt and almost inaudible front parking sensor sounds. All these were in good working order before the car was broken into and sent off for repair.

I guess the chimes etc go through speakers. Are these in the front doors? They may have been disconnected due to the door cards being removed when the repair took place. 

A dealership has inspected the car and it has taken them 2 weeks to state it is a problem with the radio. The vehicle has been in their  custody during this time.

Just want to know if anyone has had this or a similar problem with their car and how it can be fixed, if at all.

Thanks in advance.

RE: No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors - Jpbroad1970 - 21:st-Feb-2020

I would be checking speaker wiring as I'm sure them sounds come through n/s speaker on RHD cars and visa versa on LHD cars.

RE: No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors - Rusty2009 - 22:nd-Feb-2020

If memory serves me right the warning sounds come through the dash tweeter O/S of RHD & N/S for LHD.

Simple way to see if the door speakers are working is to put your hand over it when playing music.

You could try pulling the negative off the battery for 60mins this will fully shut down all systems.
Also in settings there is an option for the warning tones to be normal or loud could also be worth having a play with that.

It's quite common for these cars to lose warning tones and in most cases pulling the neg fixes it, sometimes a radio re-program is needed, in very rare cases has it needed the radio replacing.

RE: No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors - mpotsb - 22:nd-Feb-2020

(22:nd-Feb-2020, 09:46:00)Rusty2009 Wrote: If memory serves me right the warning sounds come through the dash tweeter O/S of RHD & N/S for LHD.

Simple way to see if the door speakers are working is to put your hand over it when playing music.

You could try pulling the negative off the battery for 60mins this will fully shut down all systems.
Also in settings there is an option for the warning tones to be normal or loud could also be worth having a play with that.

It's quite common for these cars to lose warning tones and in most cases pulling the neg fixes it, sometimes a radio re-program is needed, in very rare cases has it needed the radio replacing.

Thanks very much appreciate your help

RE: No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors - mpotsb - 22:nd-Feb-2020

Thanks very much appreciate everyone's help