Switch to desktop version  
Qaranc's Astra progress - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Members car's progress threads (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Qaranc's Astra progress (/showthread.php?tid=4385)

Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 22:nd-Jun-2019

Hi Mods so far.

1/Dab and Bluetooth upgrade.      Radio and parts supplied by Rusty, found it very easy to fit with the info supplied.
2/Sat Nav to A pillar.                   Fitted a brodit proclip mount part number 604438 and a garmin tilt/swivel mount brodit 215547 not cheap but well worth the money.
3/DPF Regen Light.                     fitted a red LED to the drivers door will find out how well it works later.

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 23:rd-Jun-2019

4/washer jets

did the washer jets today astra H types what a difference they make.

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - rlievens - 24:th-Jun-2019

(23:rd-Jun-2019, 21:55:01)Qaranc Wrote: 4/washer jets

Hey man, what part did you use for this?
My washer jets have terrible aim, they wash the roof of my car, not the windscreen. Costs me a ton of washer fluid en windows stay dirty. Never managed to adjust the position of those jets. So maybe replacing them is better. Why did I never think of that..
Help me out man

EDIT: oh but the H type ones don't diffuse the water that great. Maybe I should try and get the current jets unstuck one more time.

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 24:th-Jun-2019

(24:th-Jun-2019, 14:31:08)rlievens Wrote:
(23:rd-Jun-2019, 21:55:01)Qaranc Wrote: 4/washer jets

Hey man, what part did you use for this?
My washer jets have terrible aim, they wash the roof of my car, not the windscreen. Costs me a ton of washer fluid en windows stay dirty. Never managed to adjust the position of those jets. So maybe replacing them is better. Why did I never think of that..
Help me out man

EDIT: oh but the H type ones don't diffuse the water that great. Maybe I should try and get the current jets unstuck one more time.
I used the H washer jets because no matter how i adjusted the Js washer jets i could not get them right or unstuck, now they wash the screen not the roof.

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - rlievens - 26:th-Jun-2019

I went beck to mine and I tried again and actually got them unstuck! used e flathead screwdriver.
Adjusting them so they wash the screen is still hard but at least now I can try.

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 4:th-Jul-2019

5/front and rear mud flaps

Qaranc's Astra progress - AndyF79 - 25:th-Jul-2019

Wouldn’t insignia was her jets be of use?

I think I replaced my old H with insignia ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Big Dave2 - 26:th-Jul-2019

(25:th-Jul-2019, 21:14:05)AndyF79 Wrote: Wouldn’t insignia was her jets be of use?

I think I replaced my old H with insignia ones.

The default factory fit Astra-J ones are the same as the Insignia ones.

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 5:th-Aug-2019

6/
Fitted speaker in the front dash,looked for the wiring socket people have talked about but found nothing so added my own wiring instead. wires i connected to were 
yellow as positive from the front right speaker.
brown/blue as negative from the left speaker
Works a charm.

7/
Battery cover, cable tied it to prevent it coming off

Qaranc's Astra progress - AndyF79 - 6:th-Aug-2019

Any pics of these mods?

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 6:th-Aug-2019

(6:th-Aug-2019, 06:17:00)AndyF79 Wrote: Any pics of these mods?

not mastered photo bucket yet so will have a go over the weekend

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Qaranc - 7:th-Nov-2020

well my buggered shoulder has finally sorted itself i am looking forward restarting modding
is there an alternative to photo bucket as for some reason i have had no luck using it

RE: Qaranc's Astra progress - Jetcolour - 7:th-Nov-2020

Try a site called imgbb for uploading pictures too. Once you have uploaded pictures you can copy a link of the picture to post in here that will be in the correct format for it to show the picture automatically.