Switch to desktop version  
vxdiag info - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Request for information (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: vxdiag info (/showthread.php?tid=4368)

vxdiag info - Maniacu - 2:nd-Jun-2019

Hi,

Because i try to find a way to program my cluster and my parking module i find a new toy and his name is vxdiag nano. It's around 90£ and you can use SPS from gm, ( that's what they say ) i cheap version of the original gm tools. 
There is someone who used it ? or know something about it ?

RE: vxdiag info - Rusty2009 - 2:nd-Jun-2019

Don't bother. I've had 3 people who have used it and had programming issues to the point I've had reprogram the module using the proper Kit.

I did buy the ford version to use on the wifes car IPC now needs to go into main dealer to be re-programmed.

While you may save on the interface you still have to budget for the SPS session costs and sign up fee you also have to be a registered company to be granted enhanced access to SPS to be able to program things such as the ECU, BCM, IPC (basically anything that needs the security code).

RE: vxdiag info - Maniacu - 2:nd-Jun-2019

uhh...i didnt know that you need a company registered to have access at sps.. i saw that its around 40 £ for two hours. and regarding the tool i don`t understand why its not a good one because use the same app like the original one with online account. 

@Rusty2009 can you send me a quote for how much is for programming the cluster with the new software version and visual parking

RE: vxdiag info - Rusty2009 - 3:rd-Jun-2019

You can SPS without having a company, but you won't be able to SPS anything which requires the car's security code without having a company and applying for enhanced access.

I think the issue is the unit it's self, its cheaper for a reason when you think the genuine GM MDI is around £1200, and the VXdiag is around £100 there's a massive difference there and that can only mean lower quality parts used, much like the GM MDI china clones.

A programming session is £70 for up-to 2hrs, whereby any module can be re-programmed.

RE: vxdiag info - Maniacu - 3:rd-Jun-2019

question...if ill buy a cluster from ebay just for use it till i send you mine ...can be done? or i need to bring my car also

@Rusty2009 io will send you the reg number and vin an can you tell me if they are compatible

RE: vxdiag info - Rusty2009 - 3:rd-Jun-2019

(3:rd-Jun-2019, 07:50:31)Maniacu Wrote: question...if ill buy a cluster from ebay just for use it till i send you mine ...can be done? or i need to bring my car also

@Rusty2009 io will send you the reg number and vin an can you tell me if they are compatible

No I can do it via the Post, if you buy a used set off ebay to place in your car should be fine, but you won't have any mileage displayed on them.

RE: vxdiag info - Maniacu - 3:rd-Jun-2019

i don`t care about the mileage...in the weekdays i don`t do so more, you need the cluster and the parking module together?

RE: vxdiag info - Rusty2009 - 6:th-Jun-2019

Be easier and Cheaper for you.