Switch to desktop version  
Dash cam recommendations - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Dash cam recommendations (/showthread.php?tid=4255)

Dash cam recommendations - Telsun - 16:th-Feb-2019

Looking to get a dash cam due to how many idiots I have to contend with each day!

Any recommendations? Thinking front and rear would be a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Dash cam recommendations - marktourino - 16:th-Feb-2019

Hi Telsun

I have the netbase duo HD dashcam which does a good job, I got it hardwired via a piggyback fuse via the fuses that are located in the glovebox & have the dashcam located below the plastic trim that houses the auto rain, auto lights & HBA sensors, a very clear recording from both the front & rear cameras & I have never had a problem with the unit since buying it over a year ago, this is the only dashcam that I only had so see the other views when they are posted & go from there mate.

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Telsun - 20:th-Feb-2019

Cheers Mark, it appears that no one else is using one!? So I'm currently looking at this one or a rear view mirror type but I'm really not sure...

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Rusty2009 - 20:th-Feb-2019

I had a mini0805 really nice & small and worked great.

I replaced it with the newer version and again really nice and small & much stronger mounting onto the GPS base, only down side is constant SD card corruption and camera keeps turning it's self off/on which is really annoying and I end up unplugging it 99% of the time.

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Rocky33 - 28:th-Feb-2019

I use next base 412GW ,great video quality with wifi function to connect to mobile instantly ,with 128gb transcend high endurance Micro sd card.Make sure to use the correct high endurance micro sd card just to be on the safe side.

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Rusty2009 - 13:th-Mar-2019

(28:th-Feb-2019, 13:52:59)Rocky33 Wrote: I use next base 412GW ,great video quality with wifi function to connect to mobile instantly ,with 128gb transcend high endurance Micro sd card.Make sure to use the correct high endurance micro sd card just to be on the safe side.

I've just brought 2 Nextbase 412GW cams hardwire kits and SD cards. Mrs & I finally got fed up with the cam's we have.

RE: Dash cam recommendations - niteram - 13:th-Mar-2019

halfords often do good offers on nextbase cameras

Dash cam recommendations - Telsun - 13:th-Mar-2019

I finally purchased a Nextbase rear view mirror cam but the replacement mirror was so wide it interfered with the operation of the sun visors so I sent that one back. I’ve been sitting on the idea for a while now but still had the Nextbase hardwire kit and SD card so reading on here that a few of you have the 412gw I decided to go for that, bigger discount too. Got it for £89, which was apparently £40 off (???)

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Mar-2019

(13:th-Mar-2019, 22:01:16)niteram Wrote: halfords often do good offers on nextbase cameras

I got mine from Amazon in the end I priced up on Halfords but got it cheaper and with double the size SD card via amazon.

(13:th-Mar-2019, 23:11:12)Telsun Wrote: I finally purchased a Nextbase rear view mirror cam but the replacement mirror was so wide it interfered with the operation of the sun visors so I sent that one back. I’ve been sitting on the idea for a while now but still had the Nextbase hardwire kit and SD card so reading on here that a few of you have the 412gw I decided to go for that, bigger discount too. Got it for £89, which was apparently £40 off (???)

Mine arrived yesterday updated the firmware and set them up, just need to fit them in the cars now.

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Telsun - 14:th-Mar-2019

I look forward to your install Rusty, are gonna do a how to? If so I'll wait until you have until I install mine

My biggest concern is actually the screen location because of that huge plastic box behind the rear view mirror....

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Mar-2019

I may do a how-to mate not 100% sure when I'll get round to fitting it, hopefully soon.

I had a look & think I'll put mine on the LH side up to the top (will be out of my sight then)

RE: Dash cam recommendations - Rusty2009 - 16:th-Mar-2019

Here you are this will help