Switch to desktop version  
Water sloshing sound - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Water sloshing sound (/showthread.php?tid=4082)

Water sloshing sound - Marc_81 - 19:th-Oct-2018

So I've noticed since I picked my Astra Tourer up at the weekend that I can hear a very occasional noise which sounds like water sloshing about if I pull away a bit quicker than usual. I've had a good google search and think it's probably inside the doors, now I've seen that to rectify this you can remove the rubber grommets at the bottom of the doors and give them a good clean. My question is, would it cause any problems if I left the grommets out altogether, or are they there for a reason? If it's not the doors I also saw that sills could be an issue but is that only on certain cars as I have no idea how water could get in to the sills?

Thanks,

Marc

RE: Water sloshing sound - Steveb19111978 - 19:th-Oct-2018

The water in the doors is a common problem, I just removed the rubber plugs altogether.

RE: Water sloshing sound - Wrightski - 19:th-Oct-2018

(19:th-Oct-2018, 09:09:18)Marc_81 Wrote: So I've noticed since I picked my Astra Tourer up at the weekend that I can hear a very occasional noise which sounds like water sloshing about if I pull away a bit quicker than usual. I've had a good google search and think it's probably inside the doors, now I've seen that to rectify this you can remove the rubber grommets at the bottom of the doors and give them a good clean. My question is, would it cause any problems if I left the grommets out altogether, or are they there for a reason? If it's not the doors I also saw that sills could be an issue but is that only on certain cars as I have no idea how water could get in to the sills?

Thanks,

Marc

Is the fuel tank full?

I notice the sloshing sound when have a full/near full tank.

RE: Water sloshing sound - Marc_81 - 19:th-Oct-2018

Just got home and gave the back door a shake.. definitely water in it so I took the grommets out and it was like a waterfall! Gave them a clean and removed the little cover from the centre of the grommet before putting them back in. All the other door seems fine but I'll remove the grommet covers from them all.

RE: Water sloshing sound - phlyer - 21:st-Nov-2018

(19:th-Oct-2018, 16:00:03)Marc_81 Wrote: Just got home and gave the back door a shake.. definitely water in it so I took the grommets out and it was like a waterfall! Gave them a clean and removed the little cover from the centre of the grommet before putting them back in. All the other door seems fine but I'll remove the grommet covers from them all.

I did the same.  Got about 4 pints fell out the bottom of the Rear nearside door.  Its mainly the rear doors but to be sure I took all the grommets out and not had an issue since.  I do however still occasionally hear sloshing, often after cornering which as theres no water in the doors, must be the fuel ....

RE: Water sloshing sound - Big Dave2 - 21:st-Nov-2018

(21:st-Nov-2018, 01:10:09)phlyer Wrote: must be the fuel ....

Or trapped water in the sills. Have you made sure the drains are clear on those too?

RE: Water sloshing sound - Maxniomi - 29:th-Nov-2018

I had the same in drivers side door and removed the grommet under the door and there must of been half a ltr in there and nothing in there since