Switch to desktop version  
CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? (/showthread.php?tid=4069)

CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - GordyC - 8:th-Oct-2018

Hi folks,

Pretty much what the title says...

I’m about to collect a 2015 SRI GTC next week. It has a CD400 Plus stereo fitted which gives DAB but not Bluetooth.

I’m struggling to find what additional features the Plus model has over the standard CD400 stereo. Even the online user manuals don’t explain any extras.

Do any experts on here know the differences?

Also, I’m looking to add the Bluetooth module (from Ray Smith in Dunbar, Scotland). They also provide OEM parking sensors which SWMBO desperately wants. Looking at their website it’s £430, including painted sensors (where required). Is this reasonable for the parts?

I can fit the BT module myself but the sensors I’d rather have fitted by a professional. What’s a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help.

Gordy

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - biz387 - 8:th-Oct-2018

Mine gives bluetooth but no dab???

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - Rusty2009 - 9:th-Oct-2018

CD400+ gives USB over the standard CD400.

I do sell CD400 with BT module and wiring as kits.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Cd400-with-BT-kit

I've heard some mixed reviews on the raysmith BT.

I've not heard of there sensors before but I would always recommend factory fitted which can be retrofitted, or like others buy a cheap set off ebay.

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - biz387 - 9:th-Oct-2018

(9:th-Oct-2018, 06:49:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: CD400+ gives USB over the standard CD400.
This is weird.. mine has no usb either.  I have an aux port but no usb port.. I have Bluetooth no Dab.  Can I retrofit (get someone to do it) both Dab and usb?

CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - GordyC - 9:th-Oct-2018

I “think” I’ve managed to get a reasonable price eventually.

£305 which is the BT module and rear parking sensors. A straightforward plug and play as they will be coded to the car.

I can fit the BT module and I’ll have the rear parking sensors fitted professionally. Everything works with the OEM display, though I’m sure that’s the radio display, not the driver’s display.

That will hopefully keep SWMBO happy.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - TheWildman - 30:th-May-2020

(8:th-Oct-2018, 21:36:30)GordyC Wrote: Hi folks,

Pretty much what the title says...

I’m about to collect a 2015 SRI GTC next week. It has a CD400 Plus stereo fitted which gives DAB but not Bluetooth.

I’m struggling to find what additional features the Plus model has over the standard CD400 stereo. Even the online user manuals don’t explain any extras.

Do any experts on here know the differences?

Also, I’m looking to add the Bluetooth module (from Ray Smith in Dunbar, Scotland). They also provide OEM parking sensors which SWMBO desperately wants. Looking at their website it’s £430, including painted sensors (where required). Is this reasonable for the parts?

I can fit the BT module myself but the sensors I’d rather have fitted by a professional. What’s a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help.

Gordy

My 2012 GTC has a CD400, and it has a USB input, a 3.5mm Aux input Jack and DAB radio. It all works great.

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - Rusty2009 - 4:th-Jun-2020

There are a couple of versions of the cd400+

One has built in BT with audio streaming, USB & DAB+.

The other has just USB but the following can be added DAB & BT (no audio streaming).

Then there is the standard cd400 which the following can be added to, USB, DAB & BT (no audio streaming).

Most GTC's seem to come with standard cd400 with DAB & USB fitted as standard.

In terms of retrofitting it works out far cheaper to fit the AIO cd400+ than it does buying all modules brackets (custom made looms where needed).

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - Qaranc - 7:th-Nov-2020

Hi 
last year I got a cd400 upgrade from rusty giving me BT and DAB this year I fitted the front radio controls for a 400 plus. My next job is to fit the calearo shark fin weather permitting. my question is is it worth upgrading the DAB module to a DAB+ module or would I not gain anything. thanks

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - TheWildman - 7:th-Nov-2020

Ii would advise not to waste any money on the CD400.
It does not sound very good.
Rather you would be better replacing the fascia and fitting a Can Bus adaptor and a Pioneer stereo head unit.
This would give you everything you want but with high quality audio.

RE: CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? - Rusty2009 - 12:th-Nov-2020

(7:th-Nov-2020, 02:08:01)Qaranc Wrote: Hi 
last year I got a cd400 upgrade from rusty giving me BT and DAB this year I fitted the front radio controls for a 400 plus. My next job is to fit the calearo shark fin weather permitting. my question is is it worth upgrading the DAB module to a DAB+ module or would I not gain anything. thanks

You would a few more stations which moved over to DAB+ & no longer stream on DAB.