Switch to desktop version  
hello - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome & Site news (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction Area (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: hello (/showthread.php?tid=4048)

hello - carlotwelding - 14:th-Sep-2018

just like to say high, ive had may vauxhalls in the past and i have just bought a 1.6 astra j 2013 with only 3000 miles on the clock yes 3000 miles. only bad point no Bluetooth,

RE: hello - phil67 - 14:th-Sep-2018

Welcome to the forum ?

RE: hello - Jpbroad1970 - 14:th-Sep-2018

Welcome to the forum, it's possible to fit @rusty2009 he does a cd400 retrofit kit I believe.

RE: hello - Rusty2009 - 15:th-Sep-2018

Welcome to the forum.

Yes I do indeed do the kit.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Cd400-with-BT-kit

RE: hello - Steveb19111978 - 15:th-Sep-2018

Welcome

RE: hello - carlotwelding - 15:th-Sep-2018

(15:th-Sep-2018, 07:06:44)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

thanks guys . i asked main dealer and was told cant be done, but reading on here they are wrong, perhaps rusty2009 can give me a bit more info, like can i stream music from phone hate having cds in car ive id tagged them so they show song artist ect ect. is like factory fitment. thanks for your help guys im sure this has been asked many times only vauxhall can not move forward.

RE: hello - niteram - 15:th-Sep-2018

hello and welcome, it's a pain not having bluetooth, seems daft that most have the buttons but not the kit

RE: hello - Rusty2009 - 16:th-Sep-2018

(15:th-Sep-2018, 20:45:35)carlotwelding Wrote:
(15:th-Sep-2018, 07:06:44)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

thanks guys . i asked main dealer and was told cant be done, but reading on here they are wrong, perhaps rusty2009 can give me a bit more info, like can i stream music from phone hate having cds in car ive id tagged them so they show song artist ect ect. is like factory fitment. thanks for your help guys im sure this has been asked many times only vauxhall can not move forward.

You can't stream music over BT with the cd400.
What the unit I'm selling does is give you BT (comes with BT module) it's also pre-programmed to have USB and DAB fitted at a later date if you wanted. USB would save you needing CD's as you could connect your phone via USB or even have a USB with all your music on. The USB kit (cheapest price I could find is £196 + P&P) I could most likely do far cheaper.

But it is like factory fitment all the parts are genuine Vauxhall parts (apart from the loom), but I use high quality microphone cable whereas vauxhall just use bog standard wires.

RE: hello - carlotwelding - 20:th-Sep-2018

ok guys hope some one can help because i'm sure what i have been told can't be right, i went and purchased a spacer saver wheel kit for my car picked it up today and it does not fit the spare wheel well, i'm told by vauxhall that that is correct it will not fit , so why call it space saver should called lets see how much space i can take up ,i have measured the wheel /tyre and no way will it fit . is this correct. my car has the 7 spoke alloys with 205/60 r16 tyres the wheel supplied has this info on it 2160140 400 btx 16h2 is25 dotE tyre fitted T 135/90 R16 . it seams no matter what i buy for this astra j it does't fit or work , what are vauxhall up to never had so much trouble .

RE: hello - niteram - 20:th-Sep-2018

Hi, is your car a 5 door?
I guess being a 2013 its a facelift?
I only ask as my pre facelift 5 door has a spacesaver in it - I think its the same wheel, but with a smaller size tyre 115/70-16

I've just put both those tyre sizes into a tyre size calculator.
it says the 135/90 is 82mm (or3.23 inches) bigger diameter than the 115/70 which may the reason it doesn't fit?
did you get it from Vauxhall?

Sorry, I've just noticed it says your in north devon.
I'm in Bideford.
I've found that Parkside/County Vauxhall are OK for basic stuff, but have no idea about upgrades or accessory fitment. probably the same for most GM dealers from what I can see.

RE: hello - carlotwelding - 20:th-Sep-2018

(20:th-Sep-2018, 20:08:37)niteram Wrote: Hi, is your car a 5 door?
I only ask as my pre facelift 5 door has a spacesaver in it - I think its the same wheel, but with a smaller size tyre 115/70-16

it says the 135/90 is 82mm (or3.23 inches) bigger diameter than the 115/70 which may the reason it doesn't fit?

I'm in Bideford.
I've found that Parkside/County Vauxhall are OK for basic stuff, but have no idea about upgrades or accessory fitment. probably the same for most GM dealers from what I can see.

hi yes bud i went to parkside in barnstaple, i live a stone throw away.they are good but im sure its wrong.also i have noticed ive put this in the wrong place sorry mods sure you could put it right.

RE: hello - phlyer - 21:st-Nov-2018

(20:th-Sep-2018, 23:33:51)carlotwelding Wrote:
(20:th-Sep-2018, 20:08:37)niteram Wrote: Hi, is your car a 5 door?

I'm in Bideford.

hi yes bud i went to parkside in barnstaple, i live a stone throw away.they are good but im sure its wrong.also i have noticed ive put this in the wrong place sorry mods sure you could put it right.

Guys,  Ive just bought a used space saver for my 15 plate J 2.0 CDTI and its a 115/70/16, and it drops in neatly.  With the dimensions you give as a 135, I have to ask is it a full sized wheel?  you say it doesnt fit the well, do you mean diameter wise or it goes in but sits high above the boot floor and the boot board cant lie flat and sits on the wheel...  A full sized wheel will NOT fit the well.  I have read threads on here where some owners have dropped a full sized wheel in but then put blocks either side for the boot baseboard to rest on.  Sure if you trawl through you'll find the same posts. 

Pic is my new spare side on showing width.