Switch to desktop version  
CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock (/showthread.php?tid=4032)

CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - daviep87 - 5:th-Sep-2018

Hi all ,

I am in the process of retrofitting a CD500 to my Astra GTC and need a little help.

I think I have managed to get it wired up so the controls and screen come up, but it's displaying the anti-theft protection lock, I believe from forums it can be re-programmed? Does anyone know anywhere nearish kent that can do it ?  or do we think Vauxhall might be able to do it? 

It has come out of a scrapped Astra J 2012 plate, going into my 62 plate GTC, replacing my CD400 , I have DAB and USB already and not worried about the navigation and I think the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP music anyway so not bothered about that so I don't think  I need to re-program the VCI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

David

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Rusty2009 - 6:th-Sep-2018

A dealer wouldn't do this and they wouldn't know how to.

I'm in Bournemouth and there is @jpbroad1970 in kettering.

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Jpbroad1970 - 6:th-Sep-2018

As Russell says the 2 of us really

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - daviep87 - 6:th-Sep-2018

(6:th-Sep-2018, 20:07:55)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: As Russell says the 2 of us reall
Thanks , 

@jpbroad1970  I actually passing Kettering next week, but not in my car, I can bring the unit alone? how long does it take to re-programme? and how much do you think it will cost?  

@Rusty2009 literally just pm'd you the same question ..sorry , looks like its either Kettering or a trip to Bournemouth :  where will the misses want to be taken too haha

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Jpbroad1970 - 7:th-Sep-2018

If I understand right these need to be programmed in your car. Don't think they can be done out of your vehicle like some.

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Rusty2009 - 7:th-Sep-2018

Yes programmed in the vehicle.

The cost my end would be £70 if it programs up without VCI.
If a VCI is needed it would mean 2 visits and the cost would be £220.

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Jpbroad1970 - 7:th-Sep-2018

(7:th-Sep-2018, 07:06:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes programmed in the vehicle.

The cost my end would be £70 if it programs up without VCI.
If a VCI is needed it would mean 2 visits and the cost would be £220.

i would charge the same , would be fingers crossed VCI not needed but not always the case and you cant tell till you do it.

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - daviep87 - 19:th-Oct-2018

@rusty2009 thanks again for getting my head unit up and running

I think I have to spend more time on the wiring as I seem to have a issue when I turn the music up on a bass heavy track the screen cuts flickers on and off ? But is fine when you turn it down , or there's limited bass 

I have a parrot system on a harness on there , do you think it's a power problem ?   there's not enough with all the stuff I have going on?  

I spliced the cable in pin 43 for the screen and to get the fm working ? But now I'm thinking I should use pin 37 for the fm amp ? 

Any ideas are greatly appreciated

RE: CD500 Anti-Theft Lock - Rusty2009 - 20:th-Oct-2018

More than welcome mate.

Could be a bad display cable.

Power should be an issue but I would advise no fitting factory BT module the units all ready for it.

Pin43 is the correct wire.