Switch to desktop version  
HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Interior How-to's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH (/showthread.php?tid=3989)

HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 7:th-Aug-2018

Hi everyone in this amazing forum, i would like to open this thread about how to change from my actual speedometer to a more recent one with bigger display and better inside light.
A step by step with pictures would help me and everyone who's interested in this!
My car is a Astra 1.4 petrol and i already have the better speedometer for the same model as mine!
So anyone that could help adding information to solve and enlighten us all would be amazing!!

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 7:th-Aug-2018

It's not as simple as just getting another set.

There's a lot more to it than that.

There are only 2-3 people on this forum that know how its done properly and we've had to work it all out hence I offer the service to do it and it can be done via the post or in person.

Nobody would give me any help when I started doing it I've had to work it out for myself.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 7:th-Aug-2018

THANKS RUSTY.
I've read a post about this, but i cant find it now, and i think that was you that post it, and you said that that Astras J before 2012 they don't need any coding or something.. am i wrong?

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 7:th-Aug-2018

(7:th-Aug-2018, 17:26:17)Skemess Wrote: THANKS RUSTY.
I've read a post about this, but i cant find it now, and i think that was you that post it, and you said that that Astras J before 2012 they don't need any coding or something.. am i wrong?

They all need some form of coding (there is a common misconception that pre 2012 don't need VCI codes) but this totally depends on what you are doing.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 7:th-Aug-2018

ok, so sorry about my ignorance what is VCI coding? and i only want to get the new speedometer with the bigger display and lights u know...
I have the op-com if its needed to get more info in the display if that helps.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 8:th-Aug-2018

VCI is vehicle configuration index.

Op-com can turn on extra menus in the IPC yes. But to get it working in your car needs more than op-com.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 9:th-Aug-2018

So what do i need then put this to work? or could you find that post about this? i cant find it. thanks.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 9:th-Aug-2018

You won't find any info as I've already said there is 2-3 of us that know how to do it.

If you want it doing It can be done by myself or @Jpbroad1970 for a fee.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 9:th-Aug-2018

OK.. so how much will it cost me then? and how long will it take for u to do it? thanks

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Jpbroad1970 - 9:th-Aug-2018

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Price-list

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - thefukingod - 10:th-Aug-2018

can astra k speedo be fitted to my 2013 astra j & would i get all the functions with my navi 600

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Jpbroad1970 - 10:th-Aug-2018

(10:th-Aug-2018, 01:09:09)thefukingod Wrote: can astra k speedo be fitted to my 2013 astra j & would i get all the functions with my navi 600

Anything is pretty much possible with enough time and effort and money but I can assure you that it is not straight forward in any way. It appears the system talks differently

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 10:th-Aug-2018

(10:th-Aug-2018, 06:59:45)Jpbroad1970 Wrote:
(10:th-Aug-2018, 01:09:09)thefukingod Wrote: can astra k speedo be fitted to my 2013 astra j & would i get all the functions with my navi 600

Anything is pretty much possible with enough time and effort and money but I can assure you that it is not straight forward in any way. It appears the system talks differently

That is very true John & I have been working on the insignia IPC, although it's still very much a WIP.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 10:th-Aug-2018

Im here again Rusty.. so how much cost the to unlock or fix to do my new ICP? and how long will it take?
Im in Cambridge area, and where do i need to sent it?
thanks Rusty.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 13:th-Aug-2018

Hi Rusty.. maybe you been busy, I dont wana rush you but you didn't answer me yet! About the price and how long will it take and where to send? Thanks

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Aug-2018

(13:th-Aug-2018, 22:29:42)Skemess Wrote: Hi Rusty.. maybe you been busy, I dont wana rush you but you didn't answer me yet! About the price and how long will it take and where to send? Thanks

John posted the link to my price list for you. I need your REG or VIN number as I need to check the spec of your car and then look at the options available that match your spec.

(9:th-Aug-2018, 20:55:15)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Price-list

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Skemess - 16:th-Aug-2018

HI RUSTY, my reg is SL10 UYX THANKS again

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Rusty2009 - 17:th-Aug-2018

(16:th-Aug-2018, 20:35:42)Skemess Wrote: HI RUSTY,  my reg is SL10 UYX THANKS again

PM on way.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - marky79 - 27:th-Aug-2018

(7:th-Aug-2018, 01:36:29)Skemess Wrote: Hi everyone in this amazing forum, i would like to open this thread about how to change from my actual speedometer to a more recent one with bigger display and better inside light.
A step by step with pictures would help me and everyone who's interested in this!
My car is a Astra 1.4 petrol and i already have the better speedometer for the same model as mine!
So anyone that could help adding information to solve and enlighten us all would be amazing!!

hi, I don't know if you have your clocks done yet, but  had mine done by rusty2009
he`s a top man he knows what he talking about.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Jjmorris90 - 30:th-Mar-2023

marky79 dateline='[url=tel:1535409098' Wrote: 1535409098[/url]']
Skemess dateline='[url=tel:1533602189' Wrote: 1533602189[/url]']
Hi everyone in this amazing forum, i would like to open this thread about how to change from my actual speedometer to a more recent one with bigger display and better inside light.

hi, I don't know if you have your clocks done yet, but  had mine done by rusty2009
he`s a top man he knows what he talking about.

Hello can this be done? I am very interested.

RE: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH - Jjmorris90 - 31:st-Mar-2023

Can anyone do this for me?