Switch to desktop version  
Roof Spoiler - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Roof Spoiler (/showthread.php?tid=3905)

Roof Spoiler - Conor97 - 6:th-Jun-2018

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and I have recently purchased a 2.0 CDTI SRI GTC, I have been in contact with a guy who is selling his roof spoiler from the Limited Edition, If I was to buy this from him how would I go about fitting this?

The two side fins come off I understand? How? Does the spoiler simply clip in the place they once were? Does it need to be glued?

Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: I believe this is in the wrong section, apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Roof Spoiler - stigeye - 7:th-Jun-2018

The black fins slide off with a bit of elbow grease, puh towards top and centre of tailgate. The brackets that hold them on are riveted in so you will have to drill the head off the rivets and the plate will come away. The spoilers are normally just glued on. Vauxhall use 3m tape and glue but everyone who I have seen do it have just used gorilla glue or similar types of bonding agents.

Roof Spoiler - Conor97 - 7:th-Jun-2018

(7:th-Jun-2018, 12:45:17)stigeye Wrote: The black fins slide off with a bit of elbow grease, puh towards top and centre of tailgate. The brackets that hold them on are riveted in so you will have to drill the head off the rivets and the plate will come away. The spoilers are normally just glued on. Vauxhall use 3m tape and glue but everyone who I have seen do it have just used gorilla glue or similar types of bonding agents.

Thanks ever so much mate, that’s very helpful. If you use glue won’t it damage the paintwork (if) I decide to take it off in the future? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone X using taptalk.

RE: Roof Spoiler - stigeye - 7:th-Jun-2018

You would have to be mad to try and remove one afterwards mate lol. Don't think I would trust one sticking at speed if only 3m tape was used.

Roof Spoiler - Rusty2009 - 7:th-Jun-2018

I would use tiger seal (used that on mine).

It could be removed later I guess use some cheese wire like cutting a windscreen out.

RE: Roof Spoiler - niteram - 7:th-Jun-2018

+1 for tiger seal
sticks to everything - hands, shirts. trousers etc etc - don't go indoors and sit on your sofa unless your 110% sure there isn't any on you!!

Roof Spoiler - Conor97 - 7:th-Jun-2018

(7:th-Jun-2018, 20:27:38)niteram Wrote: +1 for tiger seal
sticks to everything - hands, shirts. trousers etc etc - don't go indoors and sit on your sofa unless your 110% sure there isn't any on you!!

Haha thanks bud, do I need to use that alongside glue also? Or just the tiger alone?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk.

- Vauxhall GTC 64 Plate SRI 2.0 CDTI
- Saved for 2 years to purchase outright.

Roof Spoiler - sparkyscfc74 - 8:th-Jun-2018

(7:th-Jun-2018, 20:39:29)Bocks Wrote:

Haha thanks bud, do I need to use that alongside glue also? Or just the tiger alone?

Thanks.

Just the tiger seal, as above it sticks to anything and everything

Roof Spoiler - Conor97 - 8:th-Jun-2018

(8:th-Jun-2018, 16:00:01)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(7:th-Jun-2018, 20:39:29)Bocks Wrote:

Thanks.

Just the tiger seal, as above it sticks to anything and everything

Okay mate, I was digging through the forum and I came across this link: http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13346653.pdf

Would I just follow this? Have you got a more in depth tutorial?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone X using Taptalk.

- Vauxhall GTC 64 Plate SRI 2.0 CDTI.