Switch to desktop version  
Howto Retrofit TPMS - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Retrofit How-to's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Howto Retrofit TPMS (/showthread.php?tid=39)

Pages: 1 2

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 24:th-Feb-2014

Howto Retrofit TPMS

Ok the first thing we need to do is check a couple of things.

Pins in the rear fuse board.
The most important one is the one at the bottom.

You will also need to check you have the following wires on the grey round plug.

The wires you need to check for TPMS are 1 Black & 1 Green/Blue

There should also be other Black and a Green/Yellow (I believe these are for the rear number plate light)

There is a couple of other wires on this plug but I'm not 100% sure what they are for.

If you have the above this retrofit will be so much easier and cheaper.

Fuses 11 is used for the TPMS system.

So the parts you will need are as follows.

Rear loom please pick the loom that meets your car and make sure you add the TPMS into it.

TPMS looms
[TR]
[TD]Part Number[/TD]
[TD]Description[/TD]
[TD]Price[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13253575[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UJ) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING) (EXCEPT FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288746[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UN) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13345919[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G6) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288745[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UM) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13345917[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G4) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288743[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UK) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING) (EXCEPT FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288749[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UR) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13345920[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G7) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288748[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UQ) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13345918[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G5) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288744[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UL) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288753[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UW) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13345921[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13363096[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT U24) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288747[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UP) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13288751[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UT) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13345922[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G9) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13363097[/TD]
[TD]HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT U25) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]

TPMS Sensors for the Wheels you will need 4 of each of the below items.

TPMS sensors
[TR]
[TD]Part Number[/TD]
[TD]Description[/TD]
[TD]Price[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13348393[/TD]
[TD]SENSOR, WITH VALVE (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]24455308[/TD]
[TD]NUT, TYRE VALVE STEM (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]

TPMS ECU

TPMS Module
[TR]
[TD]Part Number[/TD]
[TD]Description[/TD]
[TD]price[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13321961[/TD]
[TD]Control unit, tyre pressure monitoring system[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]

You can fit the loom yourself and also the TPMS ECU, you will have to get a tyre place to fit the TPMS sensors
in the wheels phone around and see who has the tools to do it I paid £24 for them to be
fitted the nuts need to be done up to 8nm.

You will find the following howto's helpful for changing the loom over and fitting the TPMS ECU.

How to remove rear bumper

Retrofit flex floor

To change the loom over you will need to remove the trim panel from the load area to reveal the
fuse board fully you will also need to remove the rear trim panel, then remove rear bumper
(don't need to take it fully off)

disconnect the old loom and remove from the car, then run the new loom though.

Install the TPMS ECU it fits behind the bumper

I used a couple of cable ties for extra peace of mind

You will need to plug the plug into the board.

There is only 1 pin in this plug for TPMS and the wire colour is Purple/Green.

Put the car back together and go and get you TPMS sensors fitted to the wheels

You will then need to get TPMS activated, dealerships seem baffled by any retrofits

I had to make two trips to get the VCI codes needed for the BCM & IPC, once that was done the system was working but not picking up the sensors in the wheels.

After much head banging with Vauxhall they said the new sensors needed to activated via the tool they hold over the sensor, No dealer could understand this.

I took a trip and swapped two wheels which I knew the sensors were working which kicked started my sensors.

The system is now fully working.

A big thanks to all who helped with this retrofit.

Please see this link to online workshop about the BCM.

Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 28:th-Feb-2014

i would of done this but i am missing the pin in the fuse box.
but well done on the how to top job.

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Feb-2014

I reckon it can be retrofitted even if you are missing the pin it just a case of getting the info, if you want me to look into it on TIS I will.

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 2:nd-Mar-2014

The pin on the rear fusebox is run crank ignition.

[ATTACH]38[/ATTACH]

Now all I need to do is find where it runs to for you.

Also there are 2 other wires which are needed, which I think link back to the BCM

Howto Retrofit TPMS - cornishtaz - 14:th-Jul-2014

Rusty there is a fuse for tpms it's fuse 11 to the right of the multi plug it's a 5 amp fuse

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Jul-2014

cornishtaz Wrote:Rusty there is a fuse for tpms it's fuse 11 to the right of the multi plug it's a 5 amp fuse

Ok thanks mate I'll add that in, it's not listed in the handbook as TPMS.

It does some trailer electrics as well. It's shown on TIS.

I was just going to say it's listed as trailer lol, I never looked on TIS when did the retrofit.

I take it your starting to retro fit now?

Mine is all in and programmed but doesn't work get a message saying service TPMS and the check light flashes for 2mins then goes solid with a message saying winter tyre detected. The light then goes out after 10mins with only dashes where the pressure should be. ***** checked all the sensors with a new reader he had and they're all working. I've checked all my wiring againt TIS and this was when I found out about the fuse. If I disconnect the multi plug or remove the fuse I get a message saying tyre location unknown so I know the ecu is working

This is what I had mate till I used two of your wheels then it kicked into life.

have you got anyone close with them fitted?

if not I'm sure we could meet up and see if it works for you (could key it in with the heater panel)

As above ***** had a new machine that you put next to the sensors and all are were working. Everything is the same as on my diesel so should of worked straight away

I'm sure I saw something on TIS about the sensors and the BCM I will look tomorrow.

But it sounds more like the sensors are not waking up.

As above it's the exact same as I had.

I think this is the tool ***** has
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261324228151?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I getting vaux to look at it as they fitted 4 new wheels last Monday under warranty. The service guy seems to think a sensor is damaged.

Howto Retrofit TPMS - bhalay207 - 17:th-Mar-2015

I don't think this would work on mine as my display doesn't have the three options across the top 😕

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 29:th-Aug-2015

is this needed rusty or is it not
just wondering

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tire-Pressure-Monitor-Sensor-TPMS-Activation-Tool-EL-50448-Fast-Shipping-/181808169463?hash=item2a549c81f7

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 29:th-Aug-2015

I've been looking at buying one of them but as no one has come to me to have it retro fitted I've seen no point, If the sensors are used they will already be awake. If they are new the tool will be needed unless you have same PCD as someone with them fitted then just swap a wheel over and it will wake the others up after a drive.

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 29:th-Aug-2015

Cool thanks for that [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Lewis6317 - 30:th-Aug-2015

well this is what i would like to do next after the xenon's fitted mate

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - gsisr - 3:rd-Jan-2016

Just a question. If i change the wheels(rims) on a car that has a tpms system, the system will work with the bigger wheels? Is there a sensor that comes of the old wheels and must be installed on the new?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 3:rd-Jan-2016

yep you will need to swap the tpms sensors from each wheel over to the new wheels

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - gsisr - 3:rd-Jan-2016

where are the sensors installed on the wheels?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 3:rd-Jan-2016

THEY LOOK LIKE THIS MATE

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&ai=CvDeRYxeJVujKOIKMjAb1g6nYDbr6pa4H2o_O4rwB8oTjk-sDCAkQASDezc8eKBRgu4aAgNAKyAEHqQIjGa087Lm4PqoEJk_QQSKTOXaibsRuL6-p0cY8yztj1rpQoy1jDajcBSWbGDMrqQ5DwAUFoAYmgAfipeMckAcDqAemvhvYBwHgEu6Ims_VmcOtxwE&sig=AOD64_3hE7pLApUaz-n-UJzkG0ZvpUWRYw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiM95_J1Y3KAhVItxoKHes0AvMQ2CkI4wEwAA&adurl=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-134428-41853-0/2%3Fipn%3Dicep%26icep_id%3D67%26mtid%3D1673%26kwid%3D1%26crlp%3D50600204586_563391%26icep_item_id%3D281878976588%26itemid%3D281878976588%26icep_meta_categ_id%3D131090%26icep_etrs%3DN%26icep_epid%3D-999%26icep_ctlg%3D-999%26icep_cond%3DNew%26targetid%3D131843277426%26rpc%3D0.15%26rpc_upld_id%3D61280%26device%3Dc%26icep_msku_flag%3Dn%26icep_cbt%3Dn%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9041116%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D207297426%26adgroupid%3D13585920426%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-131843277426

Howto Retrofit TPMS - bhalay207 - 6:th-Jan-2016

Since getting a flat the other day I've looked into getting this done. I have the pins on the fuse board.

I know somebody who works for a Vauxhall dealership and they've quoted me on the parts. I've seen a couple of the parts on ebay but the main loom isn't hence the price up.

For anybody interests these are the prices quoted by my local dealer

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 6:th-Jan-2016

i like my tpms you can check them to make sure they are correct
and it will tell you if one goes down well worth it

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - bhalay207 - 6:th-Jan-2016

(6:th-Jan-2016, 18:36:10)tucpal Wrote: i like my tpms you can check them to make sure they are correct
and it will tell you if one goes down well worth it

This is what i'm thinking. Its gone to the top of my list as the other day i was on the motorway and the car started pulling violently to which i then found i had a nail on the OS edge.

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Nemo - 6:th-Jan-2016

Staff prices though :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - bhalay207 - 6:th-Jan-2016

(6:th-Jan-2016, 22:24:17)Nemo Wrote: Staff prices though :(

Yeah but it gives an indication as to what the retail price is.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Doraemon02 - 15:th-Jan-2016

Can you please tell me if I can retrofit this or am I missing something?

Honestly I'm not that good with electronics of a car and I would ask some expert to mount it, but first I would like to know if it's possible or not...

Thanks!

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 15:th-Jan-2016

Can't tell if you have the pins mate as you have the blue plug in. Can you disconnect it and grab a pic?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Doraemon02 - 16:th-Jan-2016

Yes of course mate.

I will do that and then post it here

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - irmartyn - 16:th-Jan-2016

Has this got the pins?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 16:th-Jan-2016

(16:th-Jan-2016, 01:59:43)irmartyn Wrote: Has this got the pins?

Yes mate it does.

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - irmartyn - 16:th-Jan-2016

(16:th-Jan-2016, 08:43:41)TheRusty2009 Wrote:
(16:th-Jan-2016, 01:59:43)irmartyn Wrote: Has this got the pins?

Yes mate it does.

So will that mean this has the wires also needed?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Doraemon02 - 25:th-Jan-2016

(15:th-Jan-2016, 20:56:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: Can't tell if you have the pins mate as you have the blue plug in. Can you disconnect it and grab a pic?

Well thanks Rusty, I've disconnect the blue plug and confirm that I have the pins there...

Now is time to think if it I should do it or not lol

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Jerry - 19:th-Mar-2016

Yesterday I've changed alloys with summer tyres. I was hoping TPMS will not need to be relearned.
Unfortunately the error message pop up :(
Google for solution and found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCmKoTsD9iY&app=desktop

Anyone tried?

Maybe tomorrow I can find time and will try.
Need to go on a gas station to pump up the tyres after

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 19:th-Mar-2016

nope that won't work no settings like that

this is how they do the relearn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFayzbI-RwY

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 19:th-Mar-2016

Sensors can be placed anywhere on the car they are not location dependent like other makes of cars.

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Jerry - 20:th-Mar-2016

Thanks mates.
Two cars twice a year to drive in a garage to relearn TPMS sensors??
I think I should buy one (a relearn tool shouldn't be so expensive?).

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Lewis6317 - 21:st-Mar-2016

Thats a good little tool :-)

Howto Retrofit TPMS - Lewis6317 - 9:th-Jul-2016

(19:th-Mar-2016, 22:26:41)tucpal Wrote: nope that won't work no settings like that

this is how they do the relearn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFayzbI-RwY

How do you do this on the astra? As having problems

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - tucpal - 9:th-Jul-2016

as that link is for a chevy cruze i would say exactly the same
i could do with my ones calibrating as there easy 2 psi from cold
are you losing one tyre from display ??
so i would say the dealer have the tool

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - dazzzdelux - 6:th-Jan-2017

If my GTC had this I would be soo happy. I wouldn't trust myself to do it though lol

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Lansa - 22:nd-Sep-2018

Going to start preparing for my TPMS Retrofit aswell.

Few questions as i find the list of looms a bit confusing:

-Which loom do i need?
sport tourer 2013 - park pilot F&R - removable towbar (and future tpms)

-Where does the ecu mount on the sport tourer?

-Can an ordinary tire place relearn the sensors to the module?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 12:th-Oct-2018

(22:nd-Sep-2018, 22:32:56)Garpenlov Wrote: Going to start preparing for my TPMS Retrofit aswell.

Few questions as i find the list of looms a bit confusing:

-Which loom do i need?
sport tourer 2013 - park pilot F&R - removable towbar (and future tpms)

-Where does the ecu mount on the sport tourer?

-Can an ordinary tire place relearn the sensors to the module?

For estate, 

13310980 HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 7NA) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)

ECU mounts in roughly the same place.

Not sure being a 2013 you would be manual learn.

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Lansa - 28:th-Feb-2019

Can a used tpms module be used? Or are they softlocked?

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 5:th-Mar-2019

Yes a used module has been used on a retrofit I did awhile back.

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - KKEVANSKK - 30:th-Jan-2020

Hi Everyone, 

This is my first time posting on here and im not sure if im posting this in the right place. Anyway,

I would like to retrofit TPMS into my astra, and i've cheked that i've got the right pins,wires and fuses in the boot. Iv'e got front and rear parking sensors and a aftermarket 13PIN towbar. 

My question is when i fit the new loom in the boot will it be possible to fit the factory trailer module and wiring? I understand this will need programing in the BCM to tell it its present and to turn the rear parking sensors off when in reverse with a trailer/caravan attached but i can get this done when the TPMS is programmed. So, does anyone on here know how to do this and what wires go where etc or should i just stick with the aftermarket relays and wiring?

At the moment i know i need the following if im going to fit TPMS and the Trailer Module + Wiring :- 

13345922 - HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G9) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)

13348393 - SENSOR, WITH VALVE (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)

24455308 - NUT, TYRE VALVE STEM (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)

13321961 - (Control unit, tyre pressure monitoring system)

13586468 - (Trailer/Towbar Module)

I've been unable to find a new/used loom online for the rear body to fit the TPMS and Trailer coupling and also the additional wires needed to the 13PIN socket. Anyone no any idea where i can find these on the cheap? It would be ideal if i could get the trailer module and its wiring together.

I really would love to do these retrofits,especially the trailer module and wiring as i havent seen anyone else do this before. If the trailer module is impossible to fit i want to fit TPMS what ever happens.

Im planning to fit every thing myself and get someone to program every thing. If anyone has any infomation about this and can aid me in anyway it would be much appreciated. 

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 30:th-Jan-2020

(30:th-Jan-2020, 12:41:02)KKEVANSKK Wrote: Hi Everyone, 

This is my first time posting on here and im not sure if im posting this in the right place. Anyway,

I would like to retrofit TPMS into my astra, and i've cheked that i've got the right pins,wires and fuses in the boot. Iv'e got front and rear parking sensors and a aftermarket 13PIN towbar. 

My question is when i fit the new loom in the boot will it be possible to fit the factory trailer module and wiring? I understand this will need programing in the BCM to tell it its present and to turn the rear parking sensors off when in reverse with a trailer/caravan attached but i can get this done when the TPMS is programmed. So, does anyone on here know how to do this and what wires go where etc or should i just stick with the aftermarket relays and wiring?

At the moment i know i need the following if im going to fit TPMS and the Trailer Module + Wiring :- 

13345922 - HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G9) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)

13348393 - SENSOR, WITH VALVE (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)

24455308 - NUT, TYRE VALVE STEM (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)

13321961 - (Control unit, tyre pressure monitoring system)

13586468 - (Trailer/Towbar Module)

I've been unable to find a new/used loom online for the rear body to fit the TPMS and Trailer coupling and also the additional wires needed to the 13PIN socket. Anyone no any idea where i can find these on the cheap? It would be ideal if i could get the trailer module and its wiring together.

I really would love to do these retrofits,especially the trailer module and wiring as i havent seen anyone else do this before. If the trailer module is impossible to fit i want to fit TPMS what ever happens.

Im planning to fit every thing myself and get someone to program every thing. If anyone has any infomation about this and can aid me in anyway it would be much appreciated. 

I've retro fitted both TPMS and Towbar.

The towbar doesn't require programming at the BCM just the PDC module needs to be configured to say it has towbar, I got the full body loom but found the 13pin plug part expensive so made my own 13pin plug up which plugged onto the loom.

Even if you get the towbar body loom the TPMS wiring can be added into it.

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - KKEVANSKK - 31:st-Jan-2020

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for your reply, not sure why i thought it needed coding In the BCM, Anyway,

Did you use the factory trailer module when you fitted your towbar? Or just used aftermarket relays? I wired the towbar thats on the car now so all be able to make the 13PIN wiring from the module to the socket. Do you know if theres any additional wires in the rear fuse board that i will need to check for if im going to fit the trailer module and make my own wiring harness? Is it as simple as connecting the module to the rear loom + fitting it and connecting the wiring harness from the module to the 13PIN Socket + Fitting. Of course the PDC module will need programming to.

If so, have you got any wiring diagrams so i can make my own 13PIN wiring harness from the module or just for the towbar body loom ?

Any help will be much appriciated, Ethan

RE: Howto Retrofit TPMS - Rusty2009 - 9:th-Feb-2020

Factory module.

For the main body to bumper buy the harness as it has all the correct plugs needed for fuseboard and module (some you can't source).

PDC module needs programming and TPMS needs a VCI.

Wiring diagrams are on the site I uploaded them some time ago see post 4
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-tow-bar-wiring?highlight=towbar