Switch to desktop version  
Program part off car - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Retrofit Research (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Program part off car (/showthread.php?tid=3864)

Program part off car - gazz292 - 25:th-Apr-2018

My trailer interface module won't program with the Tech2 due to my chassis number (A13DTE engine shouldnt have a towbar fitted it seems) 

When it reads the VIN as part of programming it refuses... even if i use the VIN thats stored in the TIM, that's from a 1.7 engined meriva, 

So i removed the GM-lan wire from the TIM, connected that to the tech2's obdii connector... pin 1 - gm-lan, pin 4 and 5 to earth, pin 16 to power, 

i can talk to the TIM with the tech2 like this, read DTC's, operate the light test functions, and read the data display (always saying no trailer detected... i bypassed the switch in the 13 pin trailer socket, still wont detect it (it's a simple switch to earth when the plug is not in... it's the not detecting the trailer that's my problem i'm trying to fix)

i tried to do a configuration and setup SPS on the TIM, but it wont.. says it cant pull the VIN... that means it must be puling the BCM's vin before it will procede in the programing?? 

i connected the tim back to the car's GM-lan, but i guess the tech2 accesses the BCM over another can connection,  and i;d have the same problem as soon as it reads my vin. 

i know some people use a bench loom to program things... do i need to get a spare BCM to do this?  i gather it's too risky changing the VIN in my cars bcm temporarily.

RE: Program part off car - zzattack - 26:th-Apr-2018

Have you considered the alternative, i.e. changing the VIN stored in the TIM?

RE: Program part off car - gazz292 - 26:th-Apr-2018

yeah, it has a 1.7 engined meriva's VIN in the tim,
op-com can change the vin in the tim, i changed it to my VIN, but then it wont even attempt to program due to my VIN being one it shouldnt be installed in :(

RE: Program part off car - zzattack - 26:th-Apr-2018

Does it even need programming if the VINs match though?
Else you might have to set the VIN to a compatible similar car as your, program it for that car, then change only the VIN in the module.

RE: Program part off car - gazz292 - 27:th-Apr-2018

It's being strange with me, it's not detecting the trailer (done with a switch that breaks contact when the plug is insterted)
when i first fitted the module and was wiring it up, it suddenly started working right... if i removed a bulb from the trailer board i was testing it on, it showed up the trailer bulb check warning on the dash,

But i put it all in properly, and tried again, and it just wont detect the plug being insterted,
and stupidly i used the op-com, that has a change vin option, and a basic setup option, only 2 choices, a 'swivel type trailer hitch' or not, and led or non led trailer lights (disables bulb checking) so i tried the different options, and at first it totally stopped working, but i remember that before i selected the trailer hitch type.. it was saying 'not aplicable' as the option.. then the 2 i could select...

so i think the op-com has done it's usual and half programes something and totally screwed everything else up like it does when trying to change dashboard options.

But the Tech2 flat out refuses to program or change options due to my vin number.. .which related to an A13DTE engined vehicle, and it says 'no software available' and 'hardware mismatch' when trying. even if i change the vin in the Tech2 to the 1.6 LUE engined vehicle the TIM has in it... it's pulling my vin from either the BCM or somewhere, and refusing to procede.

Wish i knew someone with a meriva B without the A13DTE engine and a towbar, who would let me put my TIM in their car and program it... but i know that's unlikely incase i screw other things up,

so trying to figure out what i need to bench program the thing... a BCM.. but will i need an engine ecu too... and will they need to report sensors and that.

wish i'd learn to stop messing when things begin to work... tho tbh everythign else so far has programmed straight in, and i guess if the engien wasnt the one that says no tow bar allowed, this would work too.

RE: Program part off car - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Apr-2018

For my bench loom I have the full interior loom with rear fuse board, glove-box fuse board engine bay fuse board BCM IPC stalks key.

I've not had an issue programming anything on the bench or in my car.

RE: Program part off car - gazz292 - 28:th-Apr-2018

So... if i was to change my car's VIN to one that is allowed a towbar just to program the TIM.. which modules would i need to do that in?

Would i need to do an immobilizer relearn and that?

the meriva doesnt have a REC or a CIM if that helps, and i've had an 'incorrect imobilizer' DTC from the IPC for months and it dosent stop the car from starting.