Switch to desktop version  
Tech2-ing things in.. am i just lucky - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Retrofit Research (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Tech2-ing things in.. am i just lucky (/showthread.php?tid=3854)

Tech2-ing things in.. am i just lucky - gazz292 - 20:th-Apr-2018

My car being a 2011 meriva, uses Tech 2 for diagnostics, it's not on GDS2 untill the 2014 model year, but not on the Tech2's onboard SPS list,  so i have to SPS from my netbook with GlobalTis 32b on it, using the Tech2 - J2534 passthru mode. 

But i've so far bought an IPC, a TIM and a PDC module (and a rain sensor.. but i know that's not vin matched) all were just removed from vehicles, not divorced, and when first connected they say 'mismatched vins'

But i just do a 'configure and set up' sps session on them, and they marry to my car (actually, i have yet to do that to the TIM, as still wiring it in) 

But is this normal,  it is a Tech2 thing, the GlobalTis 32b thing or just luck

I know my car just seem's to miss that VCI thing, i've altered things in my BCM a few times and it just changes the options.. DDS button nowt will happen... and i prolly need a different ABS module (i have the info pulled from the modules by Tech2,  will that give what version it is, and be able to work out if DDS, and then TPMS can be added to my car?  or do i need to remove my expansion tank and physically read numbers off the ABS module?

RE: Tech2-ing things in.. am i just lucky - gazz292 - 20:th-Apr-2018

Bloody hell, i really jinxed myself didnt it,

The TIM wouldnt marry, says there's no software for it when i try a configure and setup sps session, i tried getting to it using the VIN thats stored in it, and it got further then said hardware mismatch,

i've figured out why... my car has the 13DTE engine, the 75 hosspower one, and that one isnt supposed to have a towbar, i'ts not like i'll ever be stupid enough to try and tow a caravan woith this little engine, i only want the towbar for my tiny little trailer (it's got a 350 kilo max weight)

but i guess the vin is in GlobalTis as one not to allow the TIM to integrate into.

wonder if i'd need a VCI code... then again, they's refuse wouldnt they.

i thought it wasnt going to work... the TIM was letting the lights on the trailer work... i could access it with the Tech2 and do the output test and get the lights to light up... but on the data screen it was showing the trailer plug sense never going to 'detected' when i plugged a 13 pin adapter into the socket. so this meant i'd get no trailer light out warnings on the dash... and that'll be an mot fail i guess.

However, i figured something out... the trailer detect only works with the ignition on (hence why i had to run a wire to the front of the car to pick up an ignition feed)
with the ignition on or engine running, it detects the trailer, if i remove a bulb.. or just not plug anything into the other side of the adapter, it shows on the dash 'check xxx trailer bulb' and with the indicators it does one normal flash, then flashes fast.

so it all seems to work, just i'll always get that hardware mismatch DTC.. wonder if i should remove the eeprom and flash it with my vin ??

any idea which chip is the eeprom in a TIM??