Switch to desktop version  
Rain sensor (meriva B) - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Retrofit Research (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rain sensor (meriva B) (/showthread.php?tid=3818)

Rain sensor (meriva B) - gazz292 - 5:th-Apr-2018

Don't suppose anyone knows the difference between the round rain sensors, as fitted to corsa's, meriva B's, zafiras and some other vauxhalls, 
They have a 2 letter code on them, SA, SB, SC and SD.

On ebay it seems the SD one is for the meriva B,  i know the SC one is for corsa's, as i got one from a corsa at the scrappers, 

I've wired it in... power and earth taken from the supply to the auto dipping mirror i fitted a few weeks ago (takne from the relevent pins on the BCM as if it were factory fitted),  
and the data line to pin 20, plug X1 on the BCM.

I changed the variant programming in the BCM and the IPC to show rain/light sensor present, and the infrared led's in the ring of the sensor light up (seen via my phone camera.. and cameras see infrared) the led's only illuminate when pin 3.. data is connected to the sensor... and i checked globaltis and corsa's use the same sensor pin assignments.. 1 power, 2 earth, 3 data.

But it's not doing the sensign thing.. and tech2 says sensor malfunction.... i'm wondering if i have a duff sensor, or it really must be the SD variant for my car... 

Don't suppose anyone has a SD variant sensor to sell me?

Also, if i fit the auto light switch, will i get auto lights? or is there another sensor used for that.. in tech2 i see 'tunnel detection' and i've read some cars use the sun strength sensor in the little nipple on the dash,   which i dont have (i will have it when i change the heater unit over to full auto/dual zone, but thats a big project for much later.

RE: Rain sensor (meriva B) - gazz292 - 6:th-Apr-2018

Bought an SD sensor off ebay, coming from lithuania... seem's hardly anyone in the uk has a meriva in higher than poverty spec, but abroad they seem to have loads with the up-level ipc and that.

RE: Rain sensor (meriva B) - gazz292 - 14:th-Apr-2018

That's all i needed, the SD version of the sensor,

got it, plugged it in and she works straight away,

not got the silicone or what ever it is coupling disc but it seems to work without it...
using a watering can it goes from intermittent wipes to speed 1 and 2 continuous wiping depending on the amount of water, no light on the dash for auto wipers tho,.... but i imagine when i plug the up-level ipc in i'll get it, and on the display.

Also, my screen is cracking at the bottom, think it went in the freezing weather we had few weeks ago, also got a chip in the drivers vision (repaired but still visible) so i need a new screen soon MOT due end of month.

So i'm hoping i can blag a rain sensor screen, hoping they will ask if it has a sensor or not... if they dont, i'll tell them it has, and the screen was changed just when i bought the car, and they used a cheapo local screen fitter who brought the wrong screen but they used it anyway, shittily using black silicone to glue the sensor mount and cover plastics on... think that'll work.

RE: Rain sensor (meriva B) - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Apr-2018

Good result there then mate, fingers crossed with the screen.

RE: Rain sensor (meriva B) - gazz292 - 28:th-Apr-2018

Getting the screen replaced on tuesday, i've told them the crack is inline with the rain sensor, hope they pick that up

I also fitted the auto headlight switch last week, had to run a wire from it to the bcm, tech2 the BCM to say it has the auto light / tunnel detection lights, and it all works,

also got a rain sensor coupling disc, makes a hell of a difference to the sensitivity of the sensor,

only thing i noticed, even if putting lights on manually, the inside lights dont come on until the sensor says it's dark enough.

RE: Rain sensor (meriva B) - Rusty2009 - 29:th-Apr-2018

Normally they go off your REG and order the screen that is correctly fitted from factory.

When I did the front camera install I tried to get a new screen via insurance but they would supply any other screen I had to buy one in the end.