Switch to desktop version  
how to change speakers - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: how to change speakers (/showthread.php?tid=38)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: how to change speakers - DNT - 9:th-Apr-2017

Another useful video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Ma4txfhsA

RE: how to change speakers - stefan567a - 23:rd-Nov-2018

Hi,
I installed the Eton speaker upgrade kit which included a center speaker. My car did not have one as stock. However I found the connector for center speaker tucked away and connected it but get no sound. Any idea why?
Now I have "solved" it by picking signal from the left minus and right positive tweeter wires. It works but there is a loud buzzing interference.
I have a 2013 facelift Astra (Opel) with CD400.

RE: how to change speakers - redfoxy - 20:th-May-2020

Thank you

how to change speakers - pawex - 6:th-Jul-2020

Hi Rusty as always great tutorial I did mine over the weekend j bought upgrade kit from Vibe British Audi,the speakers are really decent apart from one thing , tweeters sound like "overpowered and sounds it's distorted" I have contacted vibe and they told me I need to install the crossover which was included in the kit , so I'm gonna do that tonight just one thing which of 2 orginal cable it's positive and negative ? I found that doesent matter how I connect it up they still work ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-N976B przy użyciu Tapatalka

RE: how to change speakers - Rusty2009 - 9:th-Jul-2020

(6:th-Jul-2020, 15:16:25)pawex Wrote: Hi Rusty as always great tutorial I did mine over the weekend j bought upgrade kit from Vibe British Audi,the speakers are really decent apart from one thing , tweeters sound like "overpowered and sounds it's distorted" I have contacted vibe and they told me I need to install the crossover which was included in the kit , so I'm gonna do that tonight  just one thing which of 2 orginal cable it's positive and negative ? I found that doesent matter how I connect it up they still work ?  

The wire with the tracer is the negative on the speakers (apply's to all the speakers)

RE: how to change speakers - DNT - 9:th-Jul-2020

Keep in mind that wrong polarity in a speaker will lead in phase problems, especially woofers. Tweeters though are not susceptible to phase issues due to the higher frequencies they reproduce.

how to change speakers - pawex - 13:th-Jul-2020

Thanks guys ,Rusty you mean wire with tracer ? You mean wire that got 2colours like black and green for example ? I already installed them all so just checking it's fine but I'm pretty sure it is

RE: how to change speakers - Rusty2009 - 15:th-Jul-2020

(13:th-Jul-2020, 13:17:48)pawex Wrote: Thanks guys ,Rusty you mean wire with tracer ? You mean wire that got 2colours like black and green for example ? I already installed them all so just checking it's fine but I'm pretty sure it is

Yes that's correct 2 colours on a wire.

how to change speakers - pawex - 24:th-Aug-2020

Thanks Rusty , I need an advice could anyone help ?
So I now have all my speakers upgraded along with extra sub in the boot and speaker amplifier in really happy with the results , I now decided to also install the centre speaker as my gtc didn't had one but the wires been there for it ,I have bought a 4inch speaker which unfortunately didn't fit(package was saying it fits 99% of cars with 3,4inch original speaker ,) but I still test it to see if it's working and it was working fine but just really quiet compare to the rest of the speakers ? Is this how the speaker should be or is there something wrong?I have followed this tutorial so I'm sure it was all connected properly ?