Switch to desktop version  
Hello from Aldershot - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome & Site news (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction Area (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Hello from Aldershot (/showthread.php?tid=3772)

Hello from Aldershot - johnboy999 - 25:th-Feb-2018

Hi, I recently bought a 64 plate Astra J 2.0 CDTI S/S Elite and mainly loving it. I've joined this forum as it seems a friendly and informative place.

I already changed the DRLs to the PIAA ones as the yellowey lights just didn't look right, and my next mod I am planning is to get one of the android head units from Iceboxautos. I was gobsmacked when I realised my supposedly top-of-the-range car didn't even come with Bluetooth, so replacing the HU will bring it up to date, and add plenty more too.

Another thing I want to add is a sunglass holder. I saw plenty of posts saying they were just over a tenner (admittedly not recent posts) but I can't seem to find any for under £30. Have they really tripled in price in the last few years or am I looking in the wrong places?

RE: Hello from Aldershot - Rusty2009 - 26:th-Feb-2018

Welcome to VXOC.

Yes top the range isn't quite top the range these days.

I've just had a quick look and yes it seems the price has gone up. Vauxhall put their prices up every year but this year the prices seem to have jumped massively most likely the PSA takeover.

Have you tried searching for insignia glasses holder?

RE: Hello from Aldershot - johnboy999 - 26:th-Feb-2018

Thanks for the welcome, Rusty. The Insignia ones seem to be the same prices too. I'll just wait until something cheap pops up... it's not a real priority yet.

I got to say, your progress thread is pretty inspirational, and given me some ideas for future mods

RE: Hello from Aldershot - Steveb19111978 - 26:th-Feb-2018

I also have an Elite and had the same issues. Already changed the head unit to android and put the sun glasses holder in. I think I paid around £30 for it last year. Get some alloy pedals also, there's a guy on the facebook page that sells them for about £25/30.

RE: Hello from Aldershot - johnboy999 - 26:th-Feb-2018

(26:th-Feb-2018, 14:19:47)Steveb19111978 Wrote: I also have an Elite and had the same issues. Already changed the head unit to android and put the sun glasses holder in. I think I paid around £30 for it last year. Get some alloy pedals also, there's a guy on the facebook page that sells them for about £25/30.

cheers mate, I just sent a request to join the Facebook page. Planning to buy the head unit this Friday when I get paid (yeah I know I'll have to wait a week or two for it to get here but the sooner it gets ordered, the sooner I can fit it)

Hello from Aldershot - Mspencer - 27:th-Feb-2018

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello from Aldershot - sparkyscfc74 - 27:th-Feb-2018

Hi and welcome mate. I bought a universal sunglass holder for the wife’s car, it works and looks no different than mine

There are loads on eBay at different prices and say for different cars but they’re all the same, just pick a uk supplier or you’ll be waiting a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Hello from Aldershot - johnboy999 - 27:th-Feb-2018

(27:th-Feb-2018, 13:11:34)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Hi and welcome mate. I bought a universal sunglass holder for the wife’s car, it works and looks no different than mine

There are loads on eBay at different prices and say for different cars but they’re all the same, just pick a uk supplier or you’ll be waiting a while

cheers sparky, didn't realise one for a different car would fit... I just assumed the hole spacings would be different

They’re universal fit, if your car has blanking plates just check the hole centres with the one on eBay if not you can put it where you want if you get what I mean

RE: Hello from Aldershot - johnboy999 - 27:th-Feb-2018

(27:th-Feb-2018, 13:41:38)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: They’re universal fit, if your car has blanking plates just check the hole centres with the one on eBay if not you can put it where you want if you get what I mean

my Elite has grab handles on both sides at the front so should fit straight on, in theory

Yeah just have a measure first

RE: Hello from Aldershot - johnboy999 - 2:nd-Mar-2018

V5754 ordered from iceboxautos

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-astra-j-cascada-2010-2012-android-8-v5754