Switch to desktop version  
Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Retrofit Research (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) (/showthread.php?tid=3748)

Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) - gazz292 - 5:th-Feb-2018

Anyone know where i can buy empty wiring connectors that vauxhall use in their looms, and possibly their terminals from?    i want to make a few mods to my car over the coming months and like to make my own looms up,   

I've just bought off ebay an auto dim mirror and the specific screen cover plate for my car (meriva) I will bond the cover to the screen after making a vinyl mask for the screen up on my vinyl cutter.

But i will need a plug that goes in the mirrors socket, i will have to wire it to the interior light circuit (or may run the wires down to the fuse box and give it it's own feed if i decide i need the 3rd reversing light wire connected to it)  

I know i can buy the short loom from vauxhall for about a tenner, but i'd rather get the specific bare socket if i can as my car dosent have the connector the other end plugs into.

(i imagine the pins are what i call 'jst' pins.. used on hobby servo's and pc floppy disk drive power connectors (maplins sell floppy disk wiring kits 'JW63T' an expensive way to get 4 pins and a socket thats no use.... but those pins are what i used to wire my indicator stalk to the instruments to give me the trip computer functions... i've got hundreds of them along with my jst pin crimper in storage.. but what box it's in is a guess.. i'm quite good at crimping them with wire nippers now tho.. gotta get them right or they wont go down the socket holes in the plugs)

This is the mirror connector...

is that the same as other vauxhall mirrors?  
according to ecat24, the mirror wiring harness on my car is part of the body loom!! so no plug behind the interior light it seems!!

RE: Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) - Rusty2009 - 6:th-Feb-2018

It depends who makes them etc.

Sometime's you can't buy them for love nor money.

getting the connector information is the best to start as normally they contain part numbers or at least a description of the connector then you can spend hours searching the net for it.

Common suppliers are Mouser, RS etc.

RE: Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) - gazz292 - 7:th-Feb-2018

Gotya,
For now i've ordered a load of 1 and 2 way JST connector housings and the relevent female pins (and a new ratchet crimper for them, as mine is in storage) so i'll make up a plug that will fit in the mirror by sticking the 2 way housings together... there will be no locking mechanism for the plug of course... i'll make it a tight fit and arrange the wires so the plug wont come out easilly.

I guess i need to find a scrap yard with a friendly owner near me and get access to the body shells of a few vauxhalls before they are weighed in and clip all the connectors off i can find.

I plan to run wires back to my rear fuse box and use the proper fuse for the mirror and connect to the reverse light there, Can you tell me which pins are which in the mirror please.

Am i right in thinking that the connectors in the fuse box for the mini fuses are 'micro power timer terminals'   :

Actually thinking they might be the proper terminals that go in the mirror and other socket housings?

RE: Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) - gazz292 - 7:th-Feb-2018

Think i might have found the mirror connector.. molex H-DAC 64 series... 

42p each from farnell... but on back order... typical.