Switch to desktop version  
TPMS came on unexpectedly. - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: TPMS came on unexpectedly. (/showthread.php?tid=3713)

TPMS came on unexpectedly. - shabba - 13:th-Jan-2018

TPMS light came on today whilst zooming down the motorway.
Blank reading on the rear offside tyre. Nothing wrong with it at all. 
Turned off motorway & checked it out. Fiddled with tyre cap still on, drove a further 300 yds pulled in & switched engine off & back on. 2 mins later the TPMS light went out, thank god.

Anybody know why this would happen & how i could reset it, should it come on again.

TPMS came on unexpectedly. - Iaintruten - 14:th-Jan-2018

If all the rest are working ok, I would put it down to a faulty sensor on the wheel that has the dashes displayed on the TPMS, if there isn't a setting on the IPC to relearn TPMS (speedometer menu) then there won't be a option to reset as the sensors will be auto learn, and the TPMS tools you see on eBay (50448) don't work either as there for cars with the manual relearn, the only people that could check the sensor is your dealer probably as they have a special tool they put up against the tyre which gives them details of the sensor and it's battery life etc.( Not the same as the 50448 tool)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RE: TPMS came on unexpectedly. - stigeye - 14:th-Jan-2018

If you have the display that shows the car with 4 wheels and the tyre pressures then whilst on that screen press the button on the end of the stalk that has the menu button on it. After pressing the end button for a few seconds a message will pop up asking if you want to relearn, or words to that effect. You would then select yes with the scroll on the same stalk and press the end button and the horn will beep twice. This is when you would take your reset tool around each tyre (starting at front passenger and making your way around the car clockwise) the horn will beep after each tyre sensor has been reset with the tool. The horn will beep again to say the procedure has been completed.

RE: TPMS came on unexpectedly. - Iaintruten - 14:th-Jan-2018

That may not be the case if the menu for the TPMS reset isn't there then they will be auto learn as I know they changed them from the other type you are mentioning due to people screwing the TPMS up as other things could interfere during the relearn process but can't remember what year they changed them as I have the auto learn ones in mine and can't be reset with the tool as there is not menu to reset them. Would check if the reset setting is there before buying a tool as it won't be any use if it is auto learn.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RE: TPMS came on unexpectedly. - stigeye - 14:th-Jan-2018

I have a late 2014 GTC with tpms and have the menu which shows the car with the tyre pressure. The procedure is exactly the same as shown in the video below except for the display is different as it's an Astra K.