Switch to desktop version  
display clocks - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome & Site news (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Site help (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: display clocks (/showthread.php?tid=3443)

display clocks - marky79 - 21:st-Jul-2017

I want to change my (ipc) clocks to middle or upper level, I have been told I need to change my cruise control switches, but can body
tell a part number for the clocks I need for my 1.7d estate 2012.
and is there any one who can reset and unlock the clocks.

RE: display clocks - zzattack - 8:th-Aug-2017

There's tons of part numbers really.
From what I understand:
- you need to match fuel type, so only look for diesel clocks
- you don't need to match on car model, so you can look for any astra/mokka/insignia/ampera
- good search terms on ebay include "instrument cluster", "speedometer", "clocks"
- ecoflex screens, i.e. those with 'auto stop' near the 500rpm mark will be the multi-line display
- the uplevel- and uplevel-combi screens have a 4-character 'ident' code, i.e. ABYK
- the shitty screens have 2-character ident and from pictures its easy to tell they lcd doesn't occupy the entire area of its cutout

RE: display clocks - marky79 - 12:th-Aug-2017

(8:th-Aug-2017, 09:52:46)zzattack Wrote: There's tons of part numbers really.
From what I understand:
- you need to match fuel type, so only look for diesel clocks
- you don't need to match on car model, so you can look for any astra/mokka/insignia/ampera
- good search terms on ebay include "instrument cluster", "speedometer", "clocks"
- ecoflex screens, i.e. those with 'auto stop' near the 500rpm mark will be the multi-line display
- the uplevel- and uplevel-combi screens have a 4-character 'ident' code, i.e. ABYK
- the shitty screens have 2-character ident and from pictures its easy to tell they lcd doesn't occupy the entire area of its cutout

hi thanks for your reply.
but  im a bit confused because I was told that if I needed to change my speedo clocks for the larger centre display I would need to change the cruise control switches, I have bought both parts from e-bay now to be told it`s not possible.
the clocks I have, have code (ba1v) with auto stop/start on from a 09-15 VAUXHALL ASTRA J MK6 1.6 CDTI DIESEL but my car does not have stop/start on it. so have I wasted my money or can they be fitted and be programmed to work.
the other thing is that the clocks as far I know have not be reset (if that makes any odds).
any help or info would be appreciated.
many thanks...........

RE: display clocks - Roksab - 12:th-Aug-2017

I am not sure 100% but only Astra J and Zafira Tourer have same clocks.

RE: display clocks - zzattack - 12:th-Aug-2017

Clocks not having been reset is fine. Will just mean the odometer isn't displayed but that can be remedied.
I don't know about the cruise control switch, maybe soon rusty figures it out.
From what I understand, not having the correct CC switch also means you won't have exactly matching wiring so that might also need some work.

RE: display clocks - Rusty2009 - 13:th-Aug-2017

Wiring is fine it's just the switch as I've said replacing the flip one for a press one (with speed limiter) won't work you won't be able to use the CC.

It's not only the IPC that is told which CC you have but also ECU (I did think also BCM as signal goes through it) I may have a found a way to replace the switch but I need a tester and I can't do it via the post.

Of course there is no grantee it'll work and even if works on one car it doesn't mean it will work on all cars.

Having Auto/stop clocks on a non auto stop car is fine @Sheppy1 will confirm this as I did a s/s set for him.

RE: display clocks - marky79 - 13:th-Aug-2017

hi guys thank your reply`s,
so where do I need to go to have this done and do I need to fit the parts in first.

RE: display clocks - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Aug-2017

(13:th-Aug-2017, 14:21:05)marky79 Wrote: hi guys thank your reply`s,
so where do I need to go to have this done and do I need to fit the parts in first.

Myself in Bournemouth, but as I said above I can't guarantee it will work as it's not been tested.

No don't fit any parts you will also need your security code & all keys.

RE: display clocks - zzattack - 14:th-Aug-2017

*****, I might have the wrong switch rusty

display clocks - Lewis6317 - 14:th-Aug-2017

It dodnt work on my 1.7 as rusty tried this on mine :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: display clocks - Rusty2009 - 14:th-Aug-2017

(14:th-Aug-2017, 11:35:52)Lewis6317 Wrote: It dodnt work on my 1.7 as rusty tried this on mine :-(

We didn't touch the ECU or try upgrading your clocks tho.

display clocks - Lewis6317 - 14:th-Aug-2017

(14:th-Aug-2017, 11:51:21)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(14:th-Aug-2017, 11:35:52)Lewis6317 Wrote: It dodnt work on my 1.7 as rusty tried this on mine :-(

We didn't touch the ECU or try upgrading your clocks tho.

Sorry miss read i saw the switch etc and jumped the gun :-(

RE: display clocks - marky79 - 14:th-Aug-2017

(14:th-Aug-2017, 07:00:24)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(13:th-Aug-2017, 14:21:05)marky79 Wrote: hi guys thank your reply`s,

Myself in Bournemouth, but as I said above I can't guarantee it will work as it's not been tested.

No don't fit any parts you will also need your security code & all keys.

hi, I am in spain until the 19th so when I get back can I make some arrangements to come and see you.
I do have code and keys.
many thanks.............

RE: display clocks - marky79 - 1:st-Sep-2017

I met rusty2009 today for the first time.
great guy very helpful.
cheers rusty..............

RE: display clocks - Rusty2009 - 2:nd-Sep-2017

(1:st-Sep-2017, 21:32:37)marky79 Wrote: I met rusty2009 today for the first time.
great guy very helpful.
cheers rusty..............

Thank-you, sorry we didn't get done what was planned.