Switch to desktop version  
Horn location - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Horn location (/showthread.php?tid=3341)

Horn location - Jon_es - 22:nd-May-2017

Does anyone know exactly where the horn is? I know somewhere in the engine bay but from a quick look i cant see it and i cant really be jumping in to get at it. Its just that the horn is shite! (2016 gtc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Horn location - Rusty2009 - 23:rd-May-2017

It's below the headlight passenger side.

RE: Horn location - Big Dave2 - 23:rd-May-2017

(22:nd-May-2017, 12:29:23)Jon_es Wrote: Its just that the horn is shite! (2016 gtc)

I know what you mean. I've been meaning to change the one on my 2013 Elite, but just haven't got around to it. Apparently the twin horns that are on the Insignia fit (same connector, so plug and play), but IIRC you have to modify the mounting bracket as it's a tight squeeze between the bodywork and bumper.

Horn location - Jon_es - 23:rd-May-2017

(23:rd-May-2017, 10:50:04)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(22:nd-May-2017, 12:29:23)Jon_es Wrote: Its just that the horn is shite! (2016 gtc)

I know what you mean. I've been meaning to change the one on my 2013 Elite, but just haven't got around to it. Apparently the twin horns that are on the Insignia fit (same connector, so plug and play), but IIRC you have to modify the mounting bracket as it's a tight squeeze between the bodywork and bumper.

The one on my 2011 astra elite was a good one so i dont know how it went crap

RE: Horn location - Big Dave2 - 24:th-May-2017

(23:rd-May-2017, 18:40:28)Jon_es Wrote: The one on my 2011 astra elite was a good one so i dont know how it went crap

When Vauxhall introduced the J facelift model, in their usual wisdom, they cut back on features to save money. One of which was only fitting a mono horn instead of a twin one.
Mine sounds like Noddy's horn, unlike the one I had on my old Vectra-C which had a loud aggressive set of horns that made people take note whenever it was sounded.

Horn location - Jon_es - 24:th-May-2017

(24:th-May-2017, 11:07:00)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(23:rd-May-2017, 18:40:28)Jon_es Wrote: The one on my 2011 astra elite was a good one so i dont know how it went crap

When Vauxhall introduced the J facelift model, in their usual wisdom, they cut back on features to save money. One of which was only fitting a mono horn instead of a twin one.
Mine sounds like Noddy's horn, unlike the one I had on my old Vectra-C which had a loud aggressive set of horns that made people take note whenever it was sounded.

Yepp mine now sound like a little old lady saying hello whereas i want an angry scot shouting 'move bitch get out me way' and dunno what they're on about with dual tone because it only has one tone

RE: Horn location - Big Dave2 - 25:th-May-2017

(24:th-May-2017, 21:46:09)Jon_es Wrote: dunno what they're on about with dual tone because it only has one tone

Dual tone means that there are two horns. A low note and a high note one.

Horn location - Jon_es - 25:th-May-2017

(25:th-May-2017, 11:04:27)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(24:th-May-2017, 21:46:09)Jon_es Wrote: dunno what they're on about with dual tone because it only has one tone

Dual tone means that there are two horns. A low note and a high note one.

I thought it was one that was kinda quite for a pip and another for a big honk?